• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chef Success' 365 Daily Motivational / Inspirational Sayings....

In summary, these are some motivational and inspirational sayings I collected. I would like to compile a list of 365 of them, related to life, business, home, or family. If you know the author of any of these sayings, please let me know and I will add it to the list. Thanks!
genburk
Silver Member
I like to read motivational and inspirational sayings and have collected a few from here. I would like to compile a list of 365. You can make it Business, Home, or Family, or Life related.

Then we could read a new one each day. Here are few I remembered and if I know who wrote them, I added that. If you have a good one that you like please add it to the list. As I come across or remember new ones, I will add them also. Thanks, Tina

P.S. I want Rae's added here too (I think you started it, anyway). The one about pulling up your big girl panties, but can't find it and I am in the process of changing out computer desks, as I type. Multi-tasking. go figure !!

3 calls a day keeps the bill collector away (from here, but not sure who, please let me know !)

It's easier to keep a house clean, than to clean it!!
-Teresa Lynn (Chef Success)

Today you will face thousands of choices. When you know exactly what you want to achieve, the decisions are simple.
- Franklin Covey.com

You earn your money with host coaching, you go to the party to pick it up.
-Susie Lite (Pampered Chef, Home office)

You can be greater than anything that can happen to you.
-Norman Vincent Peale

Just pull up your big girl panties and deal with it. --AnonymousHow much better do you want to be? How much are you willing to do to increase your sales abilities? Do you really believe you can increase your selling skills without being involved in that process? --Bryan FlanaganBe happy. It's one way of being wise. --Colette

I don't have one, but wanted to comment, that this is great!!!

not sure if this is the exact way it goes but someone correct it if its wrong.
Eating out is Expensive. Eating with family is Priceless. Our tools make it Painless.
It helps me keep focused on more than the paycheck.
Kristi

I get a few quotes a day through various sources. Here's today's from Real Simple Daily Thoughts:Luck is what you have left over after you give 100 percent.— Langston Coleman

Whoever one is, and wherever one is, one is always in the wrong if one is rude.— Maurice Baring

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky

Just had to post this one, because of the historical significance of this weekend (Friday was the 30th anniversary of Episode 4)Do or do not. There is no try.

Sounds perfect to me Kristi!

"Find something you love so much that you would do it for free, but you do it so well you get paid for it."
~Byron Garrett

chefann said:
Just had to post this one, because of the historical significance of this weekend (Friday was the 30th anniversary of Episode 4)

Do or do not. There is no try.

My boys love Star Wars. Thanks for reminding me about it. I will be adding a few more in a day or so. This weekend has been so busy. I hope to compile them and make a list for anyone that wants it. Wouldn't it be great to make our own little one day at a time calendar, so to speak.

"The great truths in life are the simple ones. You do not need three moving parts and four syllables for it to be significant. . . there are only three pure colors--but look what Michelangelo did with them. There are only seven notes, but look at what Chopin, Beethoven and Vivaldi did with them. For that matter, look at what Elvis did with two!"

--Dr. Steve Franklin, a college professor from Emory University

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -- Aldous Huxley

We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
~ Aristotle

Success is never final and failure never fatal.
It is courage that counts.
~ George Wilton

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
~Les Brown

Life's problems wouldn't be called "hurdles" if there wasn't a way to get over them.
~Author Unknown

The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle. ~Author Unknown

Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
~Confucius
(I actually would like to add... Whatever you do, do with all your heart.)

I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby. ~Nancie J. Carmody

Jumping at several small opportunities may get us there more quickly than waiting for one big one to come along.
~Hugh Allen

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
-Helen Keller

We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough.
-Helen Keller

When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us.
-Helen Keller

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--Yogi Berra

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
-- Theodore Hesburgh

The phrase "working mother" is redundant.
-- Jane Sellman

TwinGirlsMom said:
The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
-- Theodore Hesburgh

I just emailed that to DH! Maybe I'll get some flowers today?:p :p

genburk said:
My boys love Star Wars. Thanks for reminding me about it. I will be adding a few more in a day or so. This weekend has been so busy. I hope to compile them and make a list for anyone that wants it. Wouldn't it be great to make our own little one day at a time calendar, so to speak.

I wonder if Ann could get this onto her Cafepress site...

Well, the calendars they have available are monthly, not day-by-day.

BUT-- they do offer a book. And I could put something together that's got dates, but no year, so it's a perpetual calendar. I'm sure some of you have seen those. Based on doing a 366-page (gotta allow for Feb. 29!) wire-bound book (approx. 4 x 7 inches), we could do this for about $13.50 each.

I can check my books of quotations for other motivational stuff and see about getting something together. It won't be real soon, but it'll definitely be in time that the book could be purchased as a Christmas gift for clusters.

Sound good?

Sounds great!

This is the same kind of thing I was thinking when I started this thread. I figured if we did 365 that would have enough for a year. I did however forget about leap year, but Ann has me covered on that. Thanks Ann.

So far, we have......30. We need a lot more. Maybe if this stays in the New post section for awhile, we will get more. Thanks.

I've started a Word document with the quotes that have been posted already. I'll add to it from my Bartlett's and Oxford Quotations, but we'll need a bunch more!

not sure if this is inspirational or motivational, but it is one of my favorites:

The only difference between genius and stupidity is there is a limit to genius.
-Albert Einstein

I think it's appropriate. It can be applied to many hosts.

Oops- did I type that out loud?

Of all the 'attitudes' we can acquire, surely the attitude of gratitude is the most important and by far the most life-changing. --Zig Ziglar

If you want a quality, act as if you already had it. Try the 'as if' technique. --William James

The only way to move up from a place of mere survival to stability, and from stability to success, and from success to significance, is to engage in a God-inspired field of endeavor that will enable you to bring significant benefits to others. --Zig Ziglar

Write injuries in the dust, benefits in marble. ~Benjamin Franklin

OK, folks. I mis-computed how much a calendar would be at Cafe Press. I though the charge was per sheet, but it's per page. So I typed up a sample (fonts are not final, quotes are not there, but it's an idea) with 2 days per page, so that would get it back down to about $13.50.

Take a look and let me know what you think. It looks really big, but keep in mind that this layout is based on a book the size of a paperback (4.18 x 6.88 inches). I'm looking at the spiral binding so that it will lay flat on a desk or in a plate stand.

I was thinking about this a little more and I'm going to try to mix up PC-specific ideas/quotes with those from direct-sales trainers, motivational speakers and non-business sources, along with funny things, too. Some tips that relate to specific times of year (like holiday shopping) will be put in the appropriate area of the calendar, as would some of the great tips that Rae has been posting about getting ready for Conference.

Attachments

• CS Calendar.doc
    62 KB · Views: 309
Aww, you're making me blush, Ann.

The calendar style looks great, and I think the price is very reasonable. Thanks for taking on this project.

has this one been mentioned, a friend passed it along to me:

Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
---William Feather

I love the calendar, Ann:D :D :D How do you have time to do all of what you do? Oh, wait... does that go back to the CS-conference "Sleep is for sissys" topic??? See, I'm learning!

Regardless, it really does look great. I love the text you already have on there... "Quote of the day goes here. It will provide motivation." I think that should be the first quote in the book!!!

katie0128 said:
I love the calendar, Ann:D :D :D How do you have time to do all of what you do? Oh, wait... does that go back to the CS-conference "Sleep is for sissys" topic??? See, I'm learning!
Um.... it's more because I'm "on the bench" at work and sit around all day wasting time. I'm supposed to be working on resumes for other employees, but haven't felt like doing that this week. <hanging head in shame> I was notified about a new engagement (that's the current buzzword) for which I'm being considered, but it's at a client I REALLY don't want to return to. I hope I can stick to my guns on not going back instead of giving in, but then I may be unemployed. (TMI alert- I was at this client for 7 years. One day last spring, I was walking back to the office after lunch and saw a bus coming down the street. I thought to myself, "I'd rather step in front of this speeding bus than go back to work and be stuck at XXXX company any more." That was when I asked to be removed from the account. Not that the current account manager knows that - people tend to look at you funny when you admit having suicidal thoughts.)

So glad that was just a fleeting thought, Ann.

People look at me funny, anyway.

raebates said:
People look at me funny, anyway.

And some people just look funny to me;) ;)

I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

— Nancie J. Carmody

I am thanful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been making money!!

-originally by Nancie J. Carmody, altered by Tina Gibson for Pampered Chef consultants.

just couldn't resist.......

genburk said:
I am thanful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been making money!!

-originally by Nancie J. Carmody, altered by Tina Gibson for Pampered Chef consultants.

just couldn't resist.......

Great job!!:D :D

“My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint." -- Erma Bombeck

"Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Luck is the by-product of busting your fanny." -- Don Sutton

"We can't afford to waste tears on might-have-beens. We need to turn the tears into sweat that can take us to what can be." -- Denis Waitley

"Inspirations never go in for long engagements; they demand immediate marriage to action." -- Brendan Francis

"The most drastic and usually the most effective remedy for fear is direct action." -- William Burnham

"The path to success is to take massive, determined action." -- Anthony Robbins

"Action eradicates fear. No matter what you fear, positive, self-affirming action can diminish or completely cancel that which you are fearful of." -- Mark Victor Hansen

"Everyone who's ever taken a shower has an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does something about it that makes a difference." -- Nolan Bushnell

"Act with purpose, courage, confidence, competence, and intelligence until these qualities 'lock in' to your subconscious mind." -- Brian Tracy

"Take action every day - some small dose at a time." -- Jeffrey Gitomer

"Nothing will work unless you do." -- John Wooden

"Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful; perhaps different action or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all." -- Norman Vincent Peale

"Everything you need for your better future and success has already been written. And guess what? It's all available." -- Jim Rohn

"Read something positive every night and listen to something helpful every morning." -- Tom Hopkins

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Of course inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx

"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island... and best of all; you can enjoy these riches every day of your life." -- Walt Disney

Thanks, Rae!

We need more, people. What I found, going through my books of quotations, is that the quotes that are included tend to be the dry, icky ones. And I'm not reading through the severl hundred pages of Bartlett's Quotations looking for good ones.

I get daily/weekly/monthly emails from various life coaches. Most are filled with quotes on a certain subject. I'll continue to gather those that seem appropriate. (Some of the subjects they choose fit into the dry, icky category.

I am still gathering more also.

Here's a couple of my favorites (I actually have these on my desk):
"Nothing shapes your life more than the committments you choose to make. Your committments may develop you or they may destroy you but either way they will define you."--Rick Warren,

"Thomas Edison tried to invent the light bulb 2,000 times before he succeeded. When asked how he felt about failing so many times, he replied 'I did not fail, what I did do was learn 2,000 ways NOT to make a light bulb".
--Nicolas Cage in the movie "National Treasure".

Nancy Collins
TPC in sales this year!!!! Gotta love that new ring!

"If you don’t have a vision, then your reality will always be determined by other’s perceptions." — Melanee Addison

"The fastest way to improve your relationships is to make others feel important in every way possible." — Brian Tracy

Great minds must be ready not only to take opportunities, but to make them. – Charles Caleb Colton, 1780-1832, British Author and Clergyman

To keep your marriage brimming,
With love in the loving cup,
Whenever you’re wrong, admit it;
Whenever you’re right, shut up. — Ogden Nash

Thanks, Rae.

I'm working on the calendar now, because I realized that it would be a great Conference gift for clusters. And if I can get it done, then people can order them. :)

Ooh, good idea.

How close are you on quotes/sayings? I can probably search and find more. Right now I've just been posting what comes to me via email.

I'm going to add some product, booking and recruiting tips, too. Those I KNOW I can find around here. So I think I'm set. But if you see any more good stuff come through your email in the next couple of days, post it. I got a book that had a whole bunch of good "life" quotes so I'm adding those to the list.

Cool beans. Will do.

<h2>1. What is "Chef Success' 365 Daily Motivational/Inspirational Sayings?"</h2><p>"Chef Success' 365 Daily Motivational/Inspirational Sayings" is a collection of 365 quotes, sayings, and affirmations compiled by Pampered Chef to inspire and motivate individuals in their personal and professional lives.</p><h2>2. Can I use these sayings for both my personal and professional life?</h2><p>Yes, these sayings can be applied to all areas of life, whether it's business, home, family, or personal growth. They are meant to inspire and motivate in any aspect of life.</p><h2>3. Who wrote these sayings?</h2><p>The sayings in "Chef Success' 365 Daily Motivational/Inspirational Sayings" were collected from various sources, including Pampered Chef consultants, employees, and external resources such as Franklin Covey.</p><h2>4. How can I use these sayings?</h2><p>You can use these sayings in different ways, such as reading one each day for daily inspiration, sharing them with friends and family, or keeping them handy for whenever you need a motivational boost.</p><h2>5. Are there any specific sayings for Pampered Chef consultants?</h2><p>Yes, there are specific sayings related to Pampered Chef and the direct sales business, such as "3 calls a day keeps the bill collector away" and "You earn your money with host coaching, you go to the party to pick it up." These sayings aim to motivate and remind consultants of important practices in their business.</p>

1. What is "Chef Success' 365 Daily Motivational/Inspirational Sayings?"

"Chef Success' 365 Daily Motivational/Inspirational Sayings" is a collection of 365 quotes, sayings, and affirmations compiled by Pampered Chef to inspire and motivate individuals in their personal and professional lives.

2. Can I use these sayings for both my personal and professional life?

Yes, these sayings can be applied to all areas of life, whether it's business, home, family, or personal growth. They are meant to inspire and motivate in any aspect of life.

3. Who wrote these sayings?

The sayings in "Chef Success' 365 Daily Motivational/Inspirational Sayings" were collected from various sources, including Pampered Chef consultants, employees, and external resources such as Franklin Covey.

4. How can I use these sayings?

You can use these sayings in different ways, such as reading one each day for daily inspiration, sharing them with friends and family, or keeping them handy for whenever you need a motivational boost.

5. Are there any specific sayings for Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, there are specific sayings related to Pampered Chef and the direct sales business, such as "3 calls a day keeps the bill collector away" and "You earn your money with host coaching, you go to the party to pick it up." These sayings aim to motivate and remind consultants of important practices in their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • JanisF
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies