• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Substitute Goat Cheese in my Three Onion Tart?

In summary, most grocery stores carry goat cheese, and you can make the dish without it or with either cream cheese or another type of cheese.
momoftwins
Does anyone know where you can get the goat cheese?? Do most grocery stores carry it??? What other cheese could you use instead???? It says you could just make it without the cheese but I think it needs to have some cheese on it. Thanks in advance!

It's alot like cream cheese, with a stronger taste. You can get it at most grocery stores in with the feta's and specialty cheeses.

I get it in the freah cheese section of the grocery store. (by the brie, stilton, romano, etc...) There are a few different types- herbed, plain, etc. I happen to love goat cheese and use it for quite a few recipes. Good luck :)

I have personally never used goat cheese before..... so when they first showed the recipie on the big screen at confernce I about turned green... it didn't sound good to me at all.. I wonder if you can use a differnt cheese or not??!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I have personally never used goat cheese before..... so when they first showed the recipie on the big screen at confernce I about turned green... it didn't sound good to me at all.. I wonder if you can use a differnt cheese or not??!!
You should try it :) I used to raise goats, I never liked milk except as a baby, and we ate so much homemade Tapioca that I had a baby goat named tapioca. It's smoother and just better I don't know what else to say. But my family also has a heard of Buffalo and I grew up eating that, most people are afraid to try new things. Just suggesting!
Liz

I wouldsubsititute cream cheese for the goat cheese if you don't like it. Goat cheese is also more expensive so its more buget friendly to use cream cheese and it does have a very distinct flavor, you either like it or you don't.

Abey

goat cheese has a tangier flavor and can turn some people off of the dish. You might want to bring the goat cheese with you and do a half goat cheese and half cream cheese tart. That way people can try it and decide whether they like it and not be turned off of hosting.

I think I am going to try it out with my family first and see what they think of it.... I don't know it just doesn't sound good to me but I am always willing ot try something new!! :)

Related to Can I Substitute Goat Cheese in my Three Onion Tart?

What are the ingredients for the Three Onion Goat Cheese Tart?

The ingredients for the Three Onion Goat Cheese Tart are:

• 1 pre-made pie crust
  • 1 large yellow onion
  • 1 large red onion
  • 1 large shallot
  • 4 oz goat cheese
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste

How do I prepare the onions for the tart?

The onions should be thinly sliced and caramelized in a pan with butter until they are soft and slightly browned. This will give the tart a rich and sweet flavor. The shallots can be added in with the onions or used as a garnish on top of the tart.

Can I use a different type of cheese instead of goat cheese?

Yes, you can substitute the goat cheese with a different soft cheese such as feta or brie. Keep in mind that the taste and texture of the tart may be slightly different with a different cheese.

Do I need to pre-bake the pie crust before adding the filling?

Yes, it is recommended to pre-bake the pie crust for 10-12 minutes before adding the filling. This will ensure that the crust is fully cooked and does not become soggy when the filling is added.

How should I serve the Three Onion Goat Cheese Tart?

The tart can be served warm or at room temperature. It is best to let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. It can be enjoyed as a side dish or a light meal with a salad on the side.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
Replies
Views
dcypcar.chef
Replies
Views
Admin Greg