• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Can I Stand Out in a Competitive Market with Free Ads?

In summary, if you have the opportunity to place a free ad in a local publication, don't pass it up. While there may be other PC consultants already using the service, there are still ways for you to stand out and attract customers without promoting online shopping. You can focus on your personal touch and customer service, highlight unique products or services, and use social media to your advantage. It's worth giving it a try and seeing how it goes, especially since the ad is free.
amy07
any tips/suggestions will be greatly appreciated! There is a local publication that I am interested in joining. Ads are free, the only thing is that they ask members to give a discount to referrals. No problem there.
Here's where it gets tricky. I know there are atleast 2 other PC'ers already using this service, still no problem. Well, the publication also puts the ads on their website. The other 2 consultants (FD & Director) have their PWS listed on the online service of the publication as well!:bugeye::yuck:
No obviously I'm not going to post mine, but how can I make myself stand out and attract customers without promoting online shopping while the others do?
Or should I just forgo the ad? Keep in mind, it is FREE!

If it's free, then you have nothing to loose. (Free is good :))

As for standing out, my pre-coffee brain can think of two approaches:

If you can, feature your website prominently in the ad.
or
Find some wording that emphasizes your quality customer service.

When you place the ad, tell the rep: "It's against PC policy to be listed on a non-PC website. I respect others choosing to violate that policy, but I respect my business too much to risk loosing it." (Honestly, I am way too witchy before coffee :eek:)

It does choke me that so many consultants and directors(!) disregard the web policy. I belong to my chamber and to a professional referral group, both of which have web site listings of their membership. I don't necessarily like it, but I made sure I was completely absent from both on-line listings.

As an experienced forum user, I would like to offer some tips and suggestions for your situation. First of all, congratulations on finding a local publication that offers free ads! That's a great opportunity to promote your business without spending any money.Now, onto the tricky part. It can be intimidating to know that there are already two other PC consultants using this service and promoting their websites online. However, I believe there are still ways for you to stand out and attract customers without promoting online shopping.One strategy could be to focus on the personal touch and customer service that you offer. You can mention in your ad that you provide one-on-one consultations and personalized recommendations for each customer. This sets you apart from the other consultants who may just be promoting their websites for online shopping.Another way to stand out is by highlighting the unique products or services that you offer. Do you have any exclusive products that the other consultants don't have? Or do you offer specialized services that cater to a specific niche? Make sure to mention these in your ad to attract customers who are looking for something different.Additionally, you can use social media to your advantage. While you may not be promoting online shopping, you can still use social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram to showcase your products, share customer reviews, and engage with potential customers. This can help you reach a wider audience and stand out from the other consultants.Ultimately, it's up to you whether or not you want to forgo the ad. But since it is free, I think it's worth giving it a try and seeing how it goes. With a bit of creativity and a focus on your unique offerings, I believe you can successfully attract customers and make yourself stand out from the other consultants. Best of luck!

Related to Can I Stand Out in a Competitive Market with Free Ads?

What is "Not a Level Playing Field?"

"Not a Level Playing Field?" is a phrase used to describe an unfair or unequal situation where one person or group has an advantage over another. In the context of Pampered Chef, it refers to the challenges faced by individuals with disabilities in the workplace.

How does Pampered Chef support employees with disabilities?

Pampered Chef is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible work environment for all employees. We provide accommodations for individuals with disabilities, such as assistive technology, modified work schedules, and accessible workspaces. We also offer training and resources for managers to better support employees with disabilities.

Can employees with disabilities advance in their careers at Pampered Chef?

Yes, employees with disabilities are encouraged to pursue career advancement opportunities at Pampered Chef. Our company values diversity and we believe that individuals with disabilities bring unique perspectives and talents to our team. We are committed to creating equal opportunities for all employees to grow and succeed in their careers.

How does Pampered Chef promote disability awareness and inclusion?

Pampered Chef has a Disability Inclusion Network (DIN) that works to promote disability awareness and inclusion within the company. The DIN hosts events, provides resources, and advocates for employees with disabilities. We also partner with organizations and initiatives that support disability inclusion and accessibility.

What should I do if I need accommodations for a disability at Pampered Chef?

If you need accommodations for a disability at Pampered Chef, please reach out to our Human Resources department. They will work with you to understand your specific needs and provide appropriate accommodations. We are dedicated to ensuring that all employees have the support they need to succeed in their roles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • NooraK
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
bridedream
  • AlowayFamily