• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Pecan Tassies Tonight for My Party Tomorrow? | Recipe Question

In summary, you can make pecan tassies ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. They can also be frozen for up to 2 months after baking and should be thawed in the refrigerator before serving. The recipe allows for substitutions of pecans with other nuts or additional ingredients for different flavors. While a pre-made pie crust can be used, a homemade crust is recommended for better texture and flavor. Mini pecan tassies can also be made using a mini muffin tin and adjusting the baking time accordingly.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Can I make them tonight to serve at a party I am having tomorrow night?

I don't know? CAN you? Do you have the skills?Just kidding, Carolyn! That's the kind of thing that my parents used to do to me. :)Yes, they'll keep fine until tomorrow.

Will they still be there?

They wouldn't around me. YUM!

I am going to have to hide them from myself...is there a way to do that?

They wouldn't last in my house. I've tried hiding and someone always finds things. I hate it when I'm really in the mood for chocolate milk and the kids have found my stash of chocolate syrup. Sorry for the hijack.

My tassies are dry and crumbly :(
What did I do wrong?

dannyzmom said:
My tassies are dry and crumbly :(
What did I do wrong?

hmmm, maybe not enough butter would be my first thought.

I so do love these little gems!!

It was pretty basic as far as I could see - a 3oz block of cream cheese, a stick of butter and a cup of flour. Did I screw something up??

Try sifting and then spooning the flour into the measuring cup - that may lighten it up a bit. However, the crust is a bit crumbly anyway.

dannyzmom said:
It was pretty basic as far as I could see - a 3oz block of cream cheese, a stick of butter and a cup of flour. Did I screw something up??

Was your butter soft when you started out?? I always put my cream cheese in the micro for about 30 sec then add the butter for about another 30secs. Then I put it into my mixer, add the flour and vula!! Don't know if that would make a difference but mine have never been dry or crumbly.

Related to Can I Make Pecan Tassies Tonight for My Party Tomorrow? | Recipe Question

1. Can I make pecan tassies ahead of time?

Yes, you can make pecan tassies ahead of time. The dough can be prepared and refrigerated for up to 2 days before baking. The finished tassies can also be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

2. Can I freeze pecan tassies?

Yes, you can freeze pecan tassies. After baking, allow them to cool completely then store in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator before serving.

3. Can I substitute the pecans in the recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the pecans in the recipe with other nuts such as walnuts or almonds. You can also add in other ingredients like chocolate chips or dried fruit for a different flavor profile.

4. Can I use a pre-made pie crust for the pecan tassies?

Yes, you can use a pre-made pie crust for the pecan tassies. However, the homemade crust will give the tassies a better texture and flavor. If using a pre-made crust, make sure to thaw it before using and roll it out to fit the tassie pan.

5. Can I make mini pecan tassies instead of regular-sized ones?

Yes, you can make mini pecan tassies instead of regular-sized ones. Simply use a mini muffin tin and adjust the baking time accordingly. Keep an eye on them as they may bake faster than the regular-sized tassies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • Tpol04
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies