• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Discontinued Product Stickers Help Boost Sales and Clear Out Inventory?

I think it would be worth it to print up the Retired list on an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet and insert one in each of your Catalogs, don't you think?
cwinter474
Gold Member
I'm thinking of making some stickers saying "being discontinued" and the date and putting them in a bunch of my left over s/s catalogs. And getting them out to my hostess and customers as soon as we are allowed.

What you think?

Sounds like a good idea! My director suggested I use the words retired products...discontinued sounds like there is something wrong with them.

cwinter474 said:
I'm thinking of making some stickers saying "being discontinued" and the date and putting them in a bunch of my left over s/s catalogs. And getting them out to my hostess and customers as soon as we are allowed.

What you think?

well, I think that sounds really smart! I would get the neon colored stickers so they really stand out!

ok, retired and neon

got it

In fact...I have a party this evening and I have neon stickers! No one seemed to look at the flyer I had so this sounds like it will stand out and smack them in the eyeballs!!

I wonder if you can buy neon or colored stickers to print on? I can't find any on officedepot.com

Have you ever seen any?

never mind.... found them

All I have anywhere near me is Staples. If I didn't find them there, then it was a super walmart (which I doubt carried that vast of an assortment). If I remember correctly, they are pricey.:(

At most Wal-Marts in the stationary section they sell stickers for yard sales, and often have them in neon colors.

Staples has them: 450 for 13.79http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/p1_Avery-Neon-High-Visibility-Laser-Labels_15399_Business_Supplies_10051_SEARCH
... and it looks like it is a slightly better price than Office Depot.If you go with just one color instead of assorted it's an even better price - 750 for 14.79
http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/p1_Avery-Neon-High-Visibility-Laser-Labels_18277_Business_Supplies_10051_SEARCH

I found some at office depot. Avery 5994 Neon starburst. I had to have them shipped. 360 labels and shipping for $14.18 I didn't think that was to bad.

the neon labels are very expensive I always cut pictures from the catalog that are being retired and glue (I do front & back of the starburst) them onto the neon cards stock "starbursts" they are pretty inexpensive at staples, office max etc. I can't remember how many are in a package. You could also make your own on neon posterboard. Depending on how many shows/guests you have the neon labels could be pretty expensive i think i find the starbursts by the garage sale signs... they have a few shapes and sizes.

approximately 30 products will be discontinued this season, so that's about about $1.20 per catalog or is my math wrong???

I would just put those stickers on the "biggies" that you REALLY want people to know about! Those things that are kindof being redesigned, I wouldn't worry about so much...

I am about to do this and I will probably fit the phrase "retiring Aug. 31" or "last chance to order" about 3 or 4 times on one sticker. And I will just be placing them on just the items that are not being restyled and that are big ticket items. You have to also take the time factor into doing this.
My biggest concern is that peopl are made aware of the Chillzanne products being retired.

It would be much faster and more cost effective to print up the Retired list on an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet and insert one in each of your Catalogs, don't you think?

I like the idea of the stickers. I wish I had thought of it before...

People don't always pay attention to the flyer of discontinuing products even though I make sure that they have a copy of it.

Caroline

Grandmarita said:
It would be much faster and more cost effective to print up the Retired list on an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet and insert one in each of your Catalogs, don't you think?

That's what I'll be doing. i don't have time to go through the catties and put a stick on all the different pages.

Grandmarita said:

It would be so much cheaper, but I find that people really don't pay much attention to inserts, I really thought marking the book was a better idea. I know it will cost some, but I think it will be worth it.

Will let you know how this works out.

I just used a yellow highlighter on my catalogs.. I'll put a sticker on the front that lets the customer know why the items are highlighted.

Jess_K said:
I just used a yellow highlighter on my catalogs.. I'll put a sticker on the front that lets the customer know why the items are highlighted.

You know when your read or see something and you just have a "dah" moment?

Your post did that to me, This would have been SO EASY to do and I would have saved $14 and been able to do it today! GEEZE, maybe my old blonde roots have taken over (JUST KIDDING, don't want to offend any blondes out there)

can you return the labels?

Teresa Lynn said:
can you return the labels?

Yes, but I think I may go ahead and use them, like at a large show maybe to really highlight the new products. Or something like that.

Jess_K said:

What kinda highlighter are you using? my yellow keeps transferring from page to page when the book is closed. Yes, I thought the page was dry before I turned the page.

Grandmarita said:

I agree with you. Inserts are not only cost effective, but save a TON of time, (which I have so little of anyway). Waaayy to tedious to be sticking all those stickers... I just print one up with all the images and staple it on the inside cover of the catalog. At the shows I point it out to them, so they all take notice.

cwinter474 said:
What kinda highlighter are you using? my yellow keeps transferring from page to page when the book is closed. Yes, I thought the page was dry before I turned the page.

I used a Zig Memory System Calligraphy Marker. I had it in my scrapbooking stuff.... Dries super fast and so far has not transferred to the other pages.

I have seen a highlighter that goes on like the white-out correction tape. It has a small little applicator - that may work well too.

Related to Can Discontinued Product Stickers Help Boost Sales and Clear Out Inventory?

1. What are "Discontinued Product Stickers"?

"Discontinued Product Stickers" are small, rectangular stickers that indicate a product is no longer available for purchase through Pampered Chef.

2. Why are some products discontinued?

Products may be discontinued for a variety of reasons, including changes in customer demand, production issues, or the introduction of updated versions of the product.

3. How long do discontinued products stay on the website?

Discontinued products typically remain on our website for a short period of time after they are no longer available for purchase. This is to allow customers to view past purchases and reference product information.

4. Can I still use my discontinued products?

Yes, you can still use your discontinued products as normal. However, please note that replacement parts or accessories may no longer be available for these products.

5. Can I return a discontinued product?

Yes, you can still return a discontinued product within our standard return policy. However, please note that replacement products may not be available for these items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newmexgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • whiteyteresa
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
Replies