• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Broker Open House--Need Advice Please!

In summary, one of my long-time customers is holding a broker open house on the 15th. She said that the agents will come over if there is food available, and she thought it would be a good idea to provide food for the open house. There are many suggestions for food that can be prepared ahead of time that will feed a large number of people.
Chefstover2
Here's the background: One of my long-time customers is a realtor and is holding her first broker open house on the 15th. She said that the agents come when there's food and she thought combining the open house with some way for me to promote my business and provide the food...she said to expect 20-25 people over the course of 1-1/2 hours.

So my dilemma is what can I prepare ahead of time that will feed that number of people so that I don't have to cook on-site (I stressed I'm not a caterer). My goal once I'm there is to promote PC as realtor thank-you gifts, etc. and make my face known among the real estate community.

I'm thinking Greek Cheese Torta and maybe double it in the Classic Batter Bowl...that wouldn't be too expensive would it? Anyone else have any suggestions? :confused:

Being the cheapskate that I am, I'm not willing to spend huge amounts of time or money on this. :rolleyes:

TIA for all your suggestions.

How about an apple cake ( cheap) and / or a microwave cake in our fluted pan. Also, one of the pizza's on the bar pan, cut the pieces small, they don't need a meal.

You could do the greek cheese torta in the prep bowls and put them in various locations.

I would suggest brownie truffle cups....

Perhaps One pot pasta (cookware) and have it on the stove it will go a long way!

Good luck!

I've never done the brownie truffle cups...are they easy?

I thought about the One Pot Pasta...didn't think about the microwave cake, but that could be good too!

I hope she doesn't expect you to furnish ALL the food....Be sure that she understands that you are not a caterer. I'd pick an appetizer or a dessert if I were you. Be sure to promote PC products as a great Realtor Gift. Maybe put together some sets or themes. Realtors usually spend $50-$100 as a client gift depending on the cost of the house. Promote Gift Certificates too.

My daughter had an open house at her new Edward Jones office. I cut up a watermelon decoratively (basket) and added several kinds of fruit to the mix. It was a hit, looked great and we had some left over.. Her whole spread was nice but $$$$ so make sure she is nor depending on you for it all or even most of it. Unless you are willing and she pays for the ingredients. Great exposure.

I was very clear that I'm not to be billed as caterer (but she wanted to mention Pampered Chef food in the flier, so any suggestions on wording so they don't think I'm for hire as a caterer would also be appreciated). However, I am to provide an appetizer-type dish, the homeowner is providing the drinks.

This is why I have this dilemma...I don't want people to go hungry (I used to work in the catering department of a large hotel so it's in my blood to make sure there's enough). That's why I'm looking for inexpensive appetizer-type thing that will feed an army.

How about regular brownie bites in the mini muffin pan, and mini quiches from the mini muffin pan? The recipes are in the files for the MMP, just full of great appetizer and bite sized dessert recipes just perfect for this type of thing. Could you do a drink in the trifle bowl? Do you have the 3 tiered stand? I like the idea of using the prep bowls for mini torta's or whatever they're called, have them on different plates/platters with various crackers.

clubhouse chicken squares. I am not ahuge fan, but it seems that EVERYONE else in the world is. and they are served cold, so you don't have to worry about keeping them warm.

I was just going to say Clubhouse Chicken Squares as well. They are very inexpensive and don't have to stay cold or warm.

Kristen, I used to work in a BUSY Real Estate office- and not to make Realtors look a little selfish but they do expect food. Most of them plan their lunches around the opens, and just go from house to house until they are full. That may not even be the case with group of Realtors that you will be feeding, however where I'm from, it's the norm.

I would go with something savory, vs sweet/a dessert. I'm not sure if you are good with the rings or wreaths, but a chicken club ring, or taco ring- any of the rings that we have recipes for would work- also the fruit idea is good, too.

I just wanted to give you a head's up to how for some realtors it's more about the food than the open house. I am in no way trying to offend any Realtors that may be on this site. My Aunt and Uncle are Realtors, and two of my best friends are Realtors, and they'd all tell you that I've pretty much nailed how most Realtors view those Broker Opens.

I hope it's not the case for you, and I know you are not a caterer, but I'd go along with something more like a light lunch menu then a dessert menu. :) I hope that helps, and I hope I didn't upset anyone- not my intentions at all.

Best of luck, and I just know you'll get TONS of new business!

Kitchen Diva said:
.......they do expect food. ......

Several years ago when we had our old house up for sale, our agent used our house for her open house event. She had a TON of food! And, she used a caterer. It was a full-blown meal with 2 desserts. There was some left-over and she left it for us - we ate on that for days! I remember her having Fried Chicken, and other meat (can't remember it) green beans, squash casserole, macaroni & cheese, potato salad, rolls, banana pudding, apple pie. I think she had @ 100 agents and mortgage reps through our house in @ 2 hours - it was packed! I commented to her that she put on a really good spread and her answer back was - Real Estate agents expect to be fed at these events.

I think it's a good way for you to get your name out, just be very clear on what your friend expects from you and what you are willing to provide.

Just a thought....what does the homeowner think of this? If I was trying to sell my house, I would want the focus on my HOUSE, not on another business. I'm not saying that's what you are doing, but I would question if this is a way to sell a house. Do the other agents coming know you are there to sell to them?

I believe the homeowner is OK with it. And I'm not actually there to "sell" to the agents, per se, but I am there to get my name in front of them and pass out my business cards/realtor gift ideas. My hope is that when they think of PC, they think of me. :chef:

What do y'all think of the Microwave White Chicken Chili?...that goes a long way, too, doesn't it? And perhaps tortilla chips. I think that wouldn't break the bank.

Related to Broker Open House--Need Advice Please!

1. What is a broker open house?

A broker open house is an event hosted by a real estate agent or broker for other agents and brokers to preview a property before it is officially listed on the market. It allows for networking and gathering feedback from industry professionals.

2. How do I prepare for a broker open house?

To prepare for a broker open house, make sure the property is clean and staged appropriately. Have all necessary marketing materials and documents ready, and consider offering refreshments. It's also important to have a plan for showcasing the property and answering any questions from attendees.

3. Do I need to provide food and drinks for the open house?

Providing food and drinks is not a requirement for a broker open house, but it can be a nice gesture to make attendees feel welcome and comfortable. Consider offering light refreshments, such as finger foods and water, to keep the focus on the property.

4. How can I make my broker open house stand out?

To make your broker open house stand out, consider offering a unique feature or activity, such as a live demonstration in the kitchen if the property is a chef's dream. You can also use social media and email marketing to promote the event and create buzz. Lastly, make sure to have a visually appealing and well-maintained property to impress attendees.

5. What should I do after the broker open house?

After the broker open house, follow up with attendees and gather any feedback they may have. This can help you make any necessary improvements for future open houses. It's also important to stay in touch with the agents and brokers who attended, as they may have potential buyers for the property.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMichele1
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Jennyskitchencorner
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krackley