• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing an Open House Event: Tips & Advice

In summary, for your open house event, you can search for more direct sales companies, advertise through various channels, consider live entertainment, charge a fee for each table, and offer snacks and other amenities to make the event more attractive. It is also important to provide additional activities and amenities to enhance the overall experience for attendees.
Jennyskitchencorner
I have been contacted to help set up an open house event for 15-30 direct sales or vendors. I have many questions I could use some help with.

1-how do I find more direct sales companies in my areas? I am fairly new, only been doing this one year, and am very unfamiliar with the names of other companies out there.

2-Advertising suggestions would be appreciated.

3-what is your thought on live entertainment?

4-probably charge each table $25. Should they all bring a snack food as well? Or should we even offer snacks?

I am sure there is much I am missing. What can you suggest?

Last edited:
1- To find more direct sales companies in your area, you can search online for direct sales directories or look for local business listings. You can also reach out to other vendors and ask them for recommendations. 2- Advertising suggestions include creating a website for the event and using social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to spread the word about the event. You could also use local newspapers, radio stations, or television stations to advertise.3- Live entertainment could be a great way to draw people in and make the event more memorable. It could also help keep people at the event longer, which would give vendors more chances to make sales. 4- Charging a fee for each table is a good idea, as it could help cover the costs of the event. It is up to you if you want vendors to bring snacks, but it could be a nice touch to offer snacks and drinks for attendees. 5- You may also want to consider providing free Wi-Fi access at the event, as this will make it easier for vendors to take payments or connect with customers. You could also provide additional activities such as contests or raffles to further engage attendees.

1. To find more direct sales companies in your area, you can try searching online for local business directories or attend networking events where you can meet other direct sales representatives. You can also reach out to friends and family and ask if they know of any direct sales companies in the area.2. Advertising suggestions could include creating social media posts and ads, reaching out to local newspapers or community newsletters, and creating flyers or posters to distribute in the area. You can also consider collaborating with other local businesses or influencers to promote the event.3. Live entertainment can be a great addition to an open house event, as it can attract more people and create a fun atmosphere. Consider what type of entertainment would be suitable for your target audience and budget.4. Charging each table $25 is a reasonable fee. As for snacks, it would be a nice gesture to offer some light refreshments for the vendors and attendees, but it is not necessary. You can also consider asking each vendor to bring a snack to share, which can help create a sense of community and variety in the food options.Other suggestions for your open house event could include having a raffle or door prizes to attract more attendees, creating a theme or specific focus for the event (such as a holiday market or health and wellness fair), and having a designated area for demonstrations or product samples. Good luck with your event!

1. How do I invite guests to my open house event?

To invite guests to your open house event, you can send out physical invitations, create a Facebook event, or send out email invitations. Be sure to include all the necessary details such as the date, time, location, and any special instructions or requests.

2. What are some tips for setting up my open house event?

First, make sure you have enough space to display your products. Consider rearranging furniture or using a separate table to create a dedicated display area. Also, be sure to have plenty of catalogs and order forms on hand. Additionally, make sure your products are clean and organized, and use attractive displays and signage to draw attention to them.

3. How many guests should I invite to my open house event?

It's best to invite a larger number of guests than you expect to attend, as not everyone will be able to make it. A good rule of thumb is to invite at least twice as many people as you have space for. This will increase your chances of having a good turnout and making sales.

4. What should I serve at my open house event?

It's important to provide refreshments for your guests, but keep it simple. Finger foods, such as appetizers or desserts, are a good choice. You can also offer beverages like water, tea, or lemonade. Just be sure to have enough for all your guests and provide options for those with dietary restrictions.

5. How can I encourage guests to make purchases at my open house event?

One effective way to encourage purchases is to offer a special promotion or discount for those who make a purchase at the event. You can also offer incentives for guests who bring a friend, such as a free gift or entry into a raffle. Additionally, make sure your products are easily accessible and provide a variety of payment options to make it convenient for guests to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • manderyoder
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • ChefCat