• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bringing London's Keepsakes Home

In summary, these cake testers are a great way to decorate a cake and help with proofing. They are easy to use and can be customized to make them unique.
jcwarr
i saw someone mention she wished these would come back (i think pamperedlinda) and i totally agree!! i am actually living in london right now and they have them here so i am buying many to bring home. a couple clients are also having me buy them to bring back. i don't get any commission - but i get to help out a fellow consultant and i get to keep my customers happy with an unusual request!:)

I wish they would bring them back too. I have had several people ask for them. I LOVE mine!

I usually use a toothpick since I have never used such a tool! What does it do exactly?

It is just a long real skinny tool. You cannot even see the whole in the cake where you sitck it. And with it being so long, if you have a thick cake you can go all the way through it almost. I had to use a skewer instead of toothpick in the past with a thick cake.

I didn't even think about a thick cake..that makes sense!

I love my cake testers. Here is a little tip I did one with them.

A girlfriend of mine was moving and we decided to give her a "This is your life" cake. We though about doing the photo on the cake thing but, eh..thats realy expensive. SOOO, you know the loop at the top of the tester? I stuck about 8 of the testers in the cake once it was decorated and placed paper printo out photo's (because the paper isnt that heavy to way the tester down) in them and gave it to her. I wish I had a picture because it turned out really cute!

That sounds so cute, Darby! I wish I had more of them to do this with.

You could even glue them to little things and make your own little photo holders instead of having to buy them. Or stick them in styrofoam and paint it or decorate it some how to make it cute. I may have to look into getting more of these somehow.

I am a British consultant, I'm happy to order some for anyone who wants them and post them over. They can't cost much to send, after all!

Do you have Paypal? I would like a few...

Yep, I do. E-mail me through here and we'll figure out how many and what the cost will be! :)

I emailed you too.

Replied to you both. :)

When I made up something to donate for a prize, I used one to hold a card that said congratulations, and my biz card of course in it, sitting in a mug with a 'bouquet' (?) of small tools. One of the recommendations I think on the use and care card was to use that round end to hold a match to light pilot lights.

Related to Bringing London's Keepsakes Home

1. How can I safely transport fragile souvenirs from London?

We recommend using packing materials such as bubble wrap or tissue paper to wrap your souvenirs before placing them in a sturdy, padded container. It's also important to label the container as fragile to alert baggage handlers.

2. Can I bring back food items from London as souvenirs?

Yes, you can bring back food items such as chocolates, teas, and spices as long as they are properly packaged and declared at customs. It's important to check the customs regulations of your home country before purchasing food items as some may be restricted.

3. Is it allowed to bring back alcohol as a souvenir from London?

Yes, you can bring back alcohol as long as it is within the limit allowed by your home country's customs regulations. It's important to properly package and declare any alcohol purchases at customs.

4. Are there any restrictions on bringing back cultural artifacts or antiques from London?

Yes, there are restrictions on bringing back cultural artifacts or antiques from London. It's best to check with the relevant authorities in your home country and obtain necessary permits or documentation before purchasing any such items.

5. How can I ensure my souvenirs don't get damaged during the flight back from London?

Aside from proper packaging, we recommend placing delicate souvenirs in your carry-on luggage instead of checked baggage. This way, you can keep an eye on them and minimize the risk of damage during the flight.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • PamperedCaniac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefBeth2