• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower-First Time, Overwhelmed, Help and Quick!

each item with price. I divided the table into 5 sections and taped them up so that guests knew what section their item was in and could grab it without having to search. We also let guests order whatever they wanted, and I only charged for what they actually bought (so it was all good). Guests could also take the receipts home with them. This way the Bride didnt have to list everything down and it was all organized for her. I think this was really helpful, and it didnt take too much of my time.At my last Bridal Shower, I simply printed off the bride's wish list, divided the guests into 5 sections, and taped up the sections. Guests were then able to pick whatever they
Amanda Woods
Hey guys~

I am doing a Bridal Shower and quick! On July 31st! Yikes. I don't even know the first step, even the invites are overwhelming me with proper wording. I am doing this on a shoe string too. Any suggestions? First steps? Help and thanks in advance!

I have set up two order forms at the showers...one for the guests (to help the bride get free items) and one for them to order on her list so that she doesn't have to use her free items.....the order for her from her list will go under the grooms name (I pay the shipping on this order)......Plus, I print out their wedding registry from my site and I cut the pics with prices and put them in baskets based on price...under $20, $20-$40, so on......what ever you think would be appropriate price baskets...then I have a board that I would tape on the items that guests have ordered already so that no one orders something that they think she may need to have....I also buy the shower apron off of the supply order list and bring markers for people to write well wishes on it as a momento for her (my gift to her).....I hope that this helps you!.....for demo...KISS principle is applied....I do dips and chips and maybe a desert If there is a micro....I would demo the chocolate cake in the rice cooker......( I have the host of the party buy ingredients)....If there is a maid of honor that is putting it together...I would list her as a co-host only (all purchases would be at regular so that the bride gets credit), but the coordinator would at least 10% off for a year as a bonus for putting it together for you....Good Luck...sorry so long winded!
TammyI WILL GO ON THE CRUISE!

I've only done one bridal shower, but I thought it went really well. I did a lot of the things the other person suggested, but one thing I loved was that I bought one of those tri-boards (like the ones used for a science fair project) and taped up the bride's wish list. Then I allowed the guests to pick the ones they wanted to buy her OFF of the board when they came up to order. The prices were on there as well so that they would know what they were getting in to. I just cut pics out of a catalog and matted them on construction paper hearts. I also used an order form that had "For the Bride" and "For Me" sections, so that they could order for themselves as well. I also did the apron with fabric markers so that guests could write "well-wishes" on it to remember the party. Just don't make it harder than it is. And don't put too much pressure on yourself. It will be a great party!!

I have done one bridal shower and it was a huge success for everyone involved. I basically took her wish list and put the items with picture, price and item # on an index card and laid them out on a table. As guests came in they got to pick what they wanted to order for her. They would come up to my table and select the "item" (index card) they wanted to purchase from her. Most took these to their seat with them to look over the catalog for themselves. Once they were ready to order they brought me everything (index cards included). I wrote up most of the receipts for them. The order form I used was one that had sections seperated out for them and for the bride and groom. This seemed to work. When I printed out receipts from P3 I just highlighted what was the brides. This worked because it was a past host of mine who threw the shower for her friend so she knew to go by the receipts for easy sorting. This also gave the guest who purchased for themselves and also for the bride a valid and up to date copy of their receipt.

I didnt do a demo as like I said this was a past host who threw the shower and she wanted to make different recipes, some of which were pampered chef. They only had teh facility for a short amount of time and wanted to include me so I alright with not doing a demo. : )

Hope that helps you out.

At my last Bridal Shower I tried making things simpler. We were expecting 25 people, so I printed 5 copies off her wish list off the website, it has small pictures next to each item. I put each one in a simple folder with prongs. I kept one copy for me to keep track on and let them pass the other ones around. I told them they need to have a back-up selection in case what they had chosen was already picked. I printed out 2 copies of the Outside order form for each guest, one on colored paper and one on white. The colored paper was for the bride, the white was to be used if they ordered anything for themselves. I instructed them to be sure and fill in their info on the colored paper and I just needed their name on the white. ( entered their info to P3 off the colored paper) Any writing I did was on the white sheet ie, totaling up the order. The only thing on the colored paper was guest's info, and item numbers and description. After the show was submitted, I mailed the colored paper to the Bride so she would know who gave her what. When putting the orders in P3, there was no separation, and the guest received a printed receipt from P3. that showed what she paid for, her order and the Brides. Clear as mud????? I also had it shipped to me for me to sort, and make sure everything turned out the way it should!!

I usually make a copy of the hosts wish list in table format and list each item, quantity desired and product cost with tax. I have a column for the guests to write their name next to the item that they are purchasing for the bride. Guests pass the registry around at the show and then pay me the amount with tax when they are placing their order along with the amount for any additional items that they are purchasing for themselves. I place all of the bride's items under a guest tab with her name so that she can have a receipt with her products on them. I "gift" the s/h cost to her. Guests who order for themselves are listed as typical for any other show. Items are shipped to the location preferred by the bride which is usually the bride's home or whomever is coordinating the shower for her. When the show is over the bride receives a copy of the registry that was passed around to use as a "gift record" for her thank you notes as it lists who bought the items for her. Any items that were not purchased as part of the shower then go on her registry and/or are modified/updated on the registry (if already created, in order to indicate which items have already been purchased). This seems much easier to me than cutting and pasting pictures for each registry, etc.

1. How do I plan a bridal shower for the first time?

As a first-time planner, it's important to start by setting a budget and guest list. Then, choose a theme and date that works for the bride and her guests. Make a checklist to stay organized and delegate tasks to members of the bridal party or close friends. Consider hiring a caterer or using simple, make-ahead recipes from Pampered Chef to make the day less stressful.

2. I feel overwhelmed, where do I start with planning a bridal shower?

Start by making a list of the bride's preferences and interests. This will help guide your decisions for the theme, food, and activities. Next, set a budget and guest list. Don't be afraid to ask for help from the bridal party or close friends. Utilizing online resources and tools, such as Pampered Chef's party planning guide, can also help alleviate some of the stress.

3. How can I make the bridal shower planning process quicker?

Start by delegating tasks to others and utilizing online resources. Pampered Chef offers a variety of quick and easy recipes that can be made ahead of time, saving you time on the day of the shower. Consider hiring a caterer or using disposable tableware to cut down on cleaning and setup time. You can also streamline the planning process by choosing a simple theme and keeping decorations to a minimum.

4. What are some ideas for bridal shower activities?

Some popular activities for bridal showers include games, such as bridal bingo or trivia about the couple, DIY stations for making personalized gifts or favors, and a cooking or baking demonstration using Pampered Chef products. Other ideas include a photo booth with props, a wine or cocktail tasting, or a group activity like painting or pottery making.

5. How can I make the bridal shower special and memorable?

Consider personalizing the shower with special touches, such as incorporating the bride's favorite color or including photos of her and the groom in the decorations. You can also ask guests to bring a recipe or advice for the bride to compile into a special keepsake. Pampered Chef also offers personalized products, like cutting boards or kitchen towels, that can make great gifts or party favors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mechelle