• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Best Variation of 30 Minute Chicken?

In summary, the author put a strawberry cake mix, strawberry extract, white chocolate chips, cheesecake pudding mix, sour cream, oil, and eggs in a skillet, and then whipped topping and fresh strawberries on top.
pamperedbecky
I haven't made this in a while and plan to make it for dinner tonight.

What's your favorite way to do this?? Just follow the recipe for it with the spice rub it has you make? Or has anyone done anything different with any different flavors?

I'd love to hear how you like it best. I've never added potatoes either, but was thinking of doing that too.

Thanks in advance!!:D:D

I'm bumping this VERY old thread because it came up as i was searching for posts about the 30 min chicken in the DCB. I'm going to do this for the first time AT A SHOW on Saturday. I've done it at home, but never at a show. Then I want to use the chicken to go IN some recipe I'll demo. I swear I saw a recent thread about this not too long ago, but now I can't seem to find it in the search.

If someone knows where that thread is, can you direct me to it?? Or please give me your tips on the best recipe to use the chicken meat from the 30 min chicken?? Thanks!! I'm SO excited for my first May show. I'm bringing pre-made desserts to all my May shows, so I think I'll also bring that STrawberry Tres Leches Trifle or some other trifle that I can tint pink. :)

Mandarin Chicken pasta salad (old celebrations recipe--there's a cafe one too that I'm pretty sure uses chicken but have never tried it)
Talmale Verde Skillet season's best probably 3 years ago
you could do the Warm Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad if you wanted to change it up.
Any of the Chicken Ring recipes
Mexican Chicken lasagna

Tips--make sure you ask the host (during host coaching) how big her micro is so that it fits
--get it in the micro while you are setting up cause it has to have time to cook if so you can pick the bird.
--I always try to pass some small pieces around in a prep bowl with the bamboo tongs so that people can try it while I am cutting something else up. Then I always ask if they would have known I made it in the microwave if I haven't told them. Most people are impressed.

I'm excited to actually have May shows cause for some reason My May's usually don't turn out great--going be either taking or making at the show the
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE MICROWAVE CAKE

1 strawberry cake mix
1 tsp. strawberry extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 (3 oz. box) cheesecake pudding mix
16 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
Garnish: whipped topping and fresh Strawberry fans.
Five Simple steps to success:
1. Spray your pan lightly and dust with flour (works best with Baker’s Joy).
2. Whisk eggs and pudding mix together in Classic Batter Bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients, blending well with Mix N’ Scraper.
4. Drop batter into Fluted pan and microwave on high 12-14 minutes. (Watch your cake after 10 minutes if you microwave runs hot.) Works best if your have a turntable in your microwave.
5. Invert cakes immediately, but leave pan over the cake for 10 minutes. Cool. Garnish (Flour Sugar Shaker filled with powdered sugar, tuck some mint leaves at the bottom, make strawberry fans with your Egg Slicer Plus and put those between the mint leaves!) as desired.

TIPS/HOW TO PROMOTE HELP WHIP CANCER:

I take this cake to my HWC shows as a bonus for the hostess. I know it's cooked right because I do it in MY microwave. But the time I get to the hostess' house, the cake is cooled. This is not a PC recipe, I got it from someone else on one of this loops.

So I do my intro...etc...talk about HWC and pull out the cake...and it goes something like this: "This is my HWC cake...no it won't prevent cancer, but while you're eating it, please keep in mind that if you haven't had your yearly mammogram...go get it. So anytime in the next few weeks when you remember this yummy cake...I hope it remind you to go make your appt. now."

1) Then I pull out my powdered sugar filled Flour Sugar Shaker (talk about how great this is for powdered sugar, but we also have one filled with cinnamon sugar for cinnamon sugar toast.
2) Then it's time for the fresh strawberries (I do about 6...more if you want)...pull out the Egg Slicer Plus and make strawberry fans...put them at the base of the cake.
3) Lastly, I get out my washed fresh mint leaves and Kitchen Shears. Snip off a few to lace in between the strawberry fans....it ends up looking pretty darn good!...If you really want to get fancy...use your EAD filled with Cool Whip or a cream cheese mixture...pipe it at the base before you put the strawberry fans and mint leaves...

I start wearing my pink apron NOW and start talking about this cake bonus in March and April to get more bookings...Good luck ladies!

DON'T FORGET...you can use this recipe in February too, for Valentine's Day!

Good luck!
Ginny Syphax
Elk Grove, CA

Great, thanks!!

I make that pink fluted pan recipe for all past HWC months and it's great. I was looking for something even easier, so I may do a trifle. I've tried making pink cakes in the white DCB and it just doesn't look that pretty. By far the best cake in there is the lava cake, so I may see if my host wants pink or chocolate. I have a feeling I know what will win out!!

I've already made sure my host has a big enough microwave. So, when you do the chicken in the DCB, do you put any seasoning on it? Or make it like that original 30 min chicken recipe?

Thanks for your input.

Yay!! I just found the thread I knew I saw! For anyone interested:

http://www.directorchefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=2848

Thanks, Linda, for starting this thread! I'm going to give this a try for my show on Saturday. I can see how parts can be time consuming, but I love the post with Becky's ideas. I'm going to try this I think. I do want it to be a fast show. I may try to get there even earlier to make sure the chicken is done and ready to go ahead of the guests coming.

Becky,
I did the 30 minute chicken and the strawberry trifle this month for all of my shows. I start the chicken right at the beginning of the show. I use the kitchen shears to cut back the skin and then use the silicone basting brush to baste with the garlic oil. I coat it with the BBQ rub (1-2TBS) and stick it in the microwave for 30 min. I like to start it when people get there because I have had shows where they refuse to believe I microwaved it. Then I go on to do a hands on demo with the trifle recipe and also talk about the cookware, stoneware and knives. By then the chicken is done and I let it rest with the lid on while I do drawing slips and the ticket game. I then carve the chicken with the 7" santoku knife. There used to be directions for this on CC. Anyway I hope this helps. The chicken smells great while cooking and there is a big wow factor in pulling it out of the microwave and walking it around to each guest. Then when they taste it they are usually sold.

Related to Best Variation of 30 Minute Chicken?

1. What is the best way to cook 30 minute chicken?

The best way to cook 30 minute chicken is to use a combination of stovetop and oven methods. Begin by searing the chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Then, transfer the skillet to the oven and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.

2. Can I use different seasonings for the 30 minute chicken?

Yes, you can use any seasonings or spices that you prefer for the 30 minute chicken. We recommend using a combination of salt, pepper, and your choice of herbs or spices to add flavor to the dish.

3. Is it necessary to marinate the chicken before cooking?

No, marinating the chicken is not necessary for this recipe. However, if you have the time, marinating the chicken for 30 minutes to an hour can add more flavor to the dish.

4. Can I use boneless chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use boneless chicken for this recipe. However, bone-in chicken may result in a more tender and flavorful dish.

5. What sides go well with 30 minute chicken?

There are many sides that pair well with 30 minute chicken, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a side salad. You can also serve the chicken over rice or pasta for a more filling meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies