• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Become Healthier Together: Join the Fiber 35 Diet!

In summary, the person is restarting the Fiber 35 diet, is trying to get healthy, and has tried many different weight loss plans in the past.
ChefBeckyD said:
Oh - this sounds sooooo good! I bet it would be yummy on top of some oatmeal done this way too! I have peaches - I'm doing this tomorrow!
Yummo! I think I need to get out my last 2 peaches in the fridge and fire up the grill!:D Thanks for the great idea!;) :D

Hello, everyone! I know its been a while since I posted, but I have not forgotten about anyone! As of Wednesday, my most recent weigh in, I am down 27 pounds. We went to a family reunion and everyone was shocked at how I looked. I still don't see a difference. My butt still seems HUGE! LOL I do know that a dress I wanted to toss because it was too tight now fits, and my SIL said it looked too big. But, she wears fitted clothes anyway. I know I can also share this here: I usually wear a 44DD bra and I am now in a 42DD, and it is comfortable, not digging into my back or sides. So, I am happy about that.

That is great.

Brandie said:
My problem with pictures is that I have all the photos of myself before I had kids, and I look fantastic! Now I look at myself and compare to then, and I feel let down. I don't think I look terrible now, but the comparison is pretty shocking. I'm not extreme enough for extreme makeover; I just need to keep focused on what I CAN do with my body. I also need to get over the fact that I will never have an 22-year-old body again! :p

This reminded me of a book I read a couple of years ago titled "When did I stop being Barbie and become Mrs Potato Head." It was absolutely hilarious!!! A very humorous approach to loving who you are right now because that is who God intended you to be. It does discuss honoring your body and being healthy, but gave me a whole new perspective on realizing that I will never have that pre-baby body again. These are my battle scars from childbirth!!, and, as my husband so frequently asks me when I am pining over old pictures of myself, Which one of the kids would you give up to be skinny again? (Answer depends on the day:eek: just kidding!!)

That being said, I do feel like I need to set a good example for them by eating healthy & exercising. I am down 21 pounds since May, many more to go. We are going to Disney in Oct & I had set a goal of 50 by then. We shall see!!!

I realize that I need to be posting here more often because since my church's biggest loser has been over, I've probably gained 5 pounds back! I NEED that accountability.

How is everyone doing?????

Our City is doing a biggest Loser because Long Beach Ca was voted 11th fattest city in the United States, so it has been going on for 3 weeks and I am down 7lbs

Kathytnt said:
How is everyone doing?????

Still truckin along here..........I am down 19lbs:thumbup:

Wohoo - Lost another 3 Total with WW is over 27 lbs

I haven't done anything!!!

I'm getting ready to do another cleanse though so that usually helps temporarily. It's kinda like a reset button for my body. Once it's done I start over with smaller portion sizes and healthier choices.

I read the first page and the last of this thread and it looks like a lot of you are doing very well! Congratulations! I have recently decided that I should work on the 50 lbs. I need to lose too and have decided to bike to work. I was supposed to start today, but someone asked if have been biking to get ready for a 4 mile trip. DUH! What if I pass out mid trip?!! What a dummy. So I'm going to ride my new bike around the neighborhood for a little while before I take it to work! :) One of my consultant's husband designed a very cool bike that's not hard on the knees and it works out everything, even those pesky rolls that develop on the back right under and around the bra strap! I love it so far, but I need to gradually spend a little more time on it.

Take a look: varandcycles.com

Kathytnt said:
Wohoo - Lost another 3 Total with WW is over 27 lbs

Yahooooo Good job!!!!:) :) :) :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hello all! I am going to start getting healthy. My hubby leaves for a 4 month deployment in less than 2 weeks. So I figure this is a great time to start. If I can get myself going then I can add him in when he gets home.

To start with i'm getting a consult to see if my birth control is part of my problem. I have heard numerous times that the depo shot doesn't allow you to lose weight. This has proved true for me since I have been on it.

Then i'm gonna add in a little more work out time.. something other than the usual chasing of my child :p Where we are we have a play area for the kids with some work out equipment for the parents.

With that added in and a different diet I think I can atleast get back down to my pre-prego weight... maybe a little less;)

I just wanted to share my 2 cents so that I have what my plans are in writing.

Need to lose 30-40 lbs. Lost it back in 2003 and slowly gained it back. I was able to exercise more then. Now I am having trouble with my knee and hip. Although, yesterday I was busy and didn't eat much and am down 3 lbs. since the last time I weighed a few days before. I don't think starving is the answer.

chefjwr said:
I don't think starving is the answer.

Goodness NO!!:) I eat 6 small meals a day and drink lots of water.

Breakfast: oatmeal or cereal plus a serving of dairy

Mid morning: pce. of fruit

Lunch: salad and a protein and a pce of fruit

Mid day: pce. of fruit and a serving of protein/dairy

Dinner: chicken/or fish 2 servings of veg and a salad

Snack: fruit or low fat pudding etc.

Since July 9th I have lost 19lbs doing this:)

JaimeQ said:
...To start with i'm getting a consult to see if my birth control is part of my problem. I have heard numerous times that the depo shot doesn't allow you to lose weight. This has proved true for me since I have been on it.

Oh, Lord! Don't even get me started about Depo. I started it when it first really came out (in 1995). Fell into all the hype about no periods, easy to maintain, etc. Was given NO warning about side effects, like weight gain, depression, etc. It worked great, but was horrible. When I finally figured out what the problem was and stopped, it took more than two years, a uterine cancer scare (thank God it was a false alarm) and more hormone treatments to get my period started again. More than 10 years later, I still haven't gotten the weight off. Now, keep in mind, that I absolutely never had weight issues before Depo, except maybe for being TOO skinny!

Oops...guess you got me started! lol I tell everyone even thinking about it to run the other way. It's not worth it. I know not everyone has the extreme side effects I did, but there are so many other great choices!

Okay...hijack over...

JaimeQ said:
Hello all! I am going to start getting healthy. My hubby leaves for a 4 month deployment in less than 2 weeks. So I figure this is a great time to start. If I can get myself going then I can add him in when he gets home....

I'm doing the same thing. My DH is such a picky eater, and my diet has suffered because of it. He is on a one-year to Iraq, and we're kicking things into high gear. He's promised that he will just slide into whatever I've established with the kiddos. You know, he'll actually eat his vegis and all that!

So, I'm working on breaking the kids of their bad eating habits, and mine too. Problem is, I'm so tired at the end of the day, frozen pizza or top ramen sounds better than anything! So, I'm starting to try to menu plan again and see how that goes.

rennea said:
Goodness NO!!:) I eat 6 small meals a day and drink lots of water.

Breakfast: oatmeal or cereal plus a serving of dairy

Mid morning: pce. of fruit

Lunch: salad and a protein and a pce of fruit

Mid day: pce. of fruit and a serving of protein/dairy

Dinner: chicken/or fish 2 servings of veg and a salad

Snack: fruit or low fat pudding etc.

Since July 9th I have lost 19lbs doing this:)

Actually, my nutritionist said that if you are feeling hungry, you're doing it wrong. And, BTW, you seem to be on a similar plan as me!

nikked said:
I'm doing the same thing. My DH is such a picky eater, and my diet has suffered because of it. He is on a one-year to Iraq, and we're kicking things into high gear. He's promised that he will just slide into whatever I've established with the kiddos. You know, he'll actually eat his vegis and all that! So, I'm working on breaking the kids of their bad eating habits, and mine too. Problem is, I'm so tired at the end of the day, frozen pizza or top ramen sounds better than anything! So, I'm starting to try to menu plan again and see how that goes.
Nicole,I've noticed that you have talked about being tired alot. I totally understand that! At the beginning of the summer, it had gotten so bad for me that there were days when I didn't even know if I could even get out of bed, because I would wake up so tired. On days I had a show, I had to rest the entire day before the show - and also had to rest the whole day after the show!
I had some testing done - tests that no other Dr had done, and found out I had low thyroid, Epstein Barr Virus (same virus that causes Mono, and leads to Chronic Fatigue) AND Lyme Disease!:eek: I started out on 7 different meds - and am now down to 4 - and I am feeling better than I have felt in YEARS! Google Hypothyroid to read the symptoms - and also some of the common misconceptions.......and get tested! It has totally changed my life to have the right meds and the right diagnosis!

I wanted to add to what Becky said: If you add more protein to your diet and vitamins, it will help with your energy. The days I have eggs and milk for breakfast I feel much better than on the days I have cereal. The processed stuff will just wreak havoc on your body, too. You could also have allergies to some of the stuff you're eating and not even know it.

I do think some testing might be good as well.

ChefBeckyD said:
Nicole,

I've noticed that you have talked about being tired alot. I totally understand that! At the beginning of the summer, it had gotten so bad for me that there were days when I didn't even know if I could even get out of bed, because I would wake up so tired. On days I had a show, I had to rest the entire day before the show - and also had to rest the whole day after the show!
I had some testing done - tests that no other Dr had done, and found out I had low thyroid, Epstein Barr Virus (same virus that causes Mono, and leads to Chronic Fatigue) AND Lyme Disease!:eek: I started out on 7 different meds - and am now down to 4 - and I am feeling better than I have felt in YEARS! Google Hypothyroid to read the symptoms - and also some of the common misconceptions.......and get tested! It has totally changed my life to have the right meds and the right diagnosis!

My thyroids been tested six ways to Sunday (or sundown? I never can remember that "ism"! lol) and it has always come back totally normal. It seems like the first thing the doctors look at because of my weight. The other stuff I've thought about off and on during the years, but never really pursued.

I'm also looking at a hormonal issue. I need to see an endocrinologist. When I was researching some stuff on my six year old's sudden "adult" hair issue, I came across something that describes me to a "t". When I go see a new doctor, the first thing they ask about is polycystic ovarian syndrome, because I have HORRIBLE facial hair issues...but I can get pregnant just by saying "maybe it's time for another one...", so that's not the problem. I don't know...it's frustrating to never have an answer for the ongoing issues I struggle with...

Thanks for the tips. Next time I go, we'll talk about it.

nikked said:
Oh, Lord! Don't even get me started about Depo. I started it when it first really came out (in 1995). Fell into all the hype about no periods, easy to maintain, etc. Was given NO warning about side effects, like weight gain, depression, etc. It worked great, but was horrible. When I finally figured out what the problem was and stopped, it took more than two years, a uterine cancer scare (thank God it was a false alarm) and more hormone treatments to get my period started again. More than 10 years later, I still haven't gotten the weight off. Now, keep in mind, that I absolutely never had weight issues before Depo, except maybe for being TOO skinny!

Oops...guess you got me started! lol I tell everyone even thinking about it to run the other way. It's not worth it. I know not everyone has the extreme side effects I did, but there are so many other great choices!

Okay...hijack over...

My side effects haven't been all that noticable. The lack of weightloss is one that really stands out... and not sex drive is the other... I do go from 0 to b!tch in no time at all... but i'm not sure if that's from the shot or if that's just me:D But I figure it's a good time to change with hubby leaving.

AJPratt said:
Actually, my nutritionist said that if you are feeling hungry, you're doing it wrong. And, BTW, you seem to be on a similar plan as me!

Do you find it alot of food?? I am never hungry, I feel as if I'm eating too much food:eek:

rennea said:
Do you find it alot of food?? I am never hungry, I feel as if I'm eating too much food:eek:
Some days its actually tough to fit it all in with the way my schedule is. Some days I feel stuffed and others if I feel a little hungry (probably stress related) I'll have a hard boilded egg or something small. I do get a sugar craving here and there, but its nothing like it used to be, and my idea of cheating is very different now. What I consider a bad day now used to be a good day for me.

Great Day For Me!Just had to log on and share with you guys my excitement!!!

20lbs down as of today!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :balloon: :D

I'm going to be dancing all day! YA YA YA YAHOOOOOO!!!

Congrats!!Question for you ladies about the 6 small meals a day... for lunch, what size of a salad do you have...a side dish portion?And do you not find yourself craving so much sugar because your body isn't getting it like it used to? I get multiple cravings, daily for it...and I know a lot of it is psychological, but it is tough to try and control for me! Especially because I sit at a computer 7.5 hours a day.... I do go to the gym to exercise on my lunch break though! Now I just have to get a diet going (which I've never been able to do...)

WOHOO!!!! Awesome It's been TOM which is probably TMI but fearing the scale KWIM? LOL!

So much said so few letters

I am hoping my new addition to my diet plan will be showing results by next week

Jennifer when I get in more fruit I seem to crave less sugar

jenniferknapp said:
Question for you ladies about the 6 small meals a day... for lunch, what size of a salad do you have...a side dish portion?

And do you not find yourself craving so much sugar because your body isn't getting it like it used to? I get multiple cravings, daily for it...and I know a lot of it is psychological, but it is tough to try and control for me! Especially because I sit at a computer 7.5 hours a day.... I do go to the gym to exercise on my lunch break though! Now I just have to get a diet going (which I've never been able to do...)

It has been a while since I've been good about the 6 "meals" a day. I think if you are doing a salad for lunch you can probably do a normal size or maybe a side dish & a half.

Sugar cravings will hit for a while. There are things you can do to help with that. One is promise yourself that in 5 or 15 minutes if you are still craving something you can have a mini-snack size bar (you know like the size you give out at haloween) or a couple of hershey kisses. Some people recommend taking zinc supplements or a good multi-vitamin that includes zinc regularly to help cut down on the cravings.

Reaching for fruit or some other healthy snack may also help when you are having food cravings. If you are not hungry you may find it is easier to resist craving.

Good luck with this.

See, my problem is that if I crave chocolate, and try to satisfy it with fruit, I eat the fruit, then still want the chocolate! So I've learned to give myself the craving the 1st time!

jenniferknapp said:
See, my problem is that if I crave chocolate, and try to satisfy it with fruit, I eat the fruit, then still want the chocolate! So I've learned to give myself the craving the 1st time!

Yeah I'm like that also. However, I've found if I eat something first and then the chocolate I eat less chocolate. Now if I could just get myself to do this more frequently... :p

I need to improve my self-discipline! More than with food too.... I am a big procrastinator as well!Sometimes I think about checking in to a hypnotist...people say it works for quitting smoking, maybe it would help for quitting my addiction to chocolate?

Chocolate craving can sometimes be helped by making sure your are getting plenty of calcium and magnesium

Adequate amounts of calcium cankeep your bones in good shpe (if you are getting adequate vitamin d) and also reduce cramping and PMS symptoms when you have your cycle ( TMI??)

jenniferknapp said:
Congrats!!

Question for you ladies about the 6 small meals a day... for lunch, what size of a salad do you have...a side dish portion?

And do you not find yourself craving so much sugar because your body isn't getting it like it used to? I get multiple cravings, daily for it...and I know a lot of it is psychological, but it is tough to try and control for me! Especially because I sit at a computer 7.5 hours a day.... I do go to the gym to exercise on my lunch break though! Now I just have to get a diet going (which I've never been able to do...)

I eat as much salad as I want really:
Lettuce
cucumber
celery
sprouts
spinach
raddish
mushrooms
I try to be creative and always use a fat free low cal dressing!!!
Drink tons of water, I know you have heard this before but if "fills" you up and you don't want anything else. I LOVE my sweets as well but if your full with "good" foods you'll get over it. Also as said I believe before if you find yourself hungry make sure your getting enough protein.

Hmmm, okay so this is my normal day:Breakfast: small bowl cheerios or total with 1% milksnack: granola bar or yogurt or fruit (or a 100 cal pack of something)lunch: a pretty big size salad (I'd say a double side serving). i try to do leafy green lettuce with cukes, peppers & carrots...and sometimes olives, cheese, deli meat, hard boiled egg white.....always with a small amount of dressing (oh, and i sprinkle some almond slices, sunflower seeds, and a few chinese noodles to add some crunch)
-or sometimes a deli sandwich on a whole wheat thomas's bagel breadsnack: again, same as before....I try to keep it about 100 caldinner: 1 glass 1% milk and the rest varies, and I think when I fall apart...as well as the snack after dinner! ...I drink 16-24 oz water a day, and sometimes throw a diet coke or a coffee in there.I don't think it is THAT bad, but my body obv thinks so! I just started working out again at lunch, so we'll see I guess.

I try to get in some protein at every meal - I have a tendency toward low blood sugra so it keeps my sugar levels more even

jenniferknapp said:
Hmmm, okay so this is my normal day:

Breakfast: small bowl cheerios or total with 1% milk

snack: granola bar or yogurt or fruit (or a 100 cal pack of something)

lunch: a pretty big size salad (I'd say a double side serving). i try to do leafy green lettuce with cukes, peppers & carrots...and sometimes olives, cheese, deli meat, hard boiled egg white.....always with a small amount of dressing (oh, and i sprinkle some almond slices, sunflower seeds, and a few chinese noodles to add some crunch)
-or sometimes a deli sandwich on a whole wheat thomas's bagel bread

snack: again, same as before....I try to keep it about 100 cal

dinner: 1 glass 1% milk and the rest varies, and I think when I fall apart...as well as the snack after dinner!

...I drink 16-24 oz water a day, and sometimes throw a diet coke or a coffee in there.

I don't think it is THAT bad, but my body obv thinks so! I just started working out again at lunch, so we'll see I guess.

Jennifer what's your BMI?? Everyones body is different. I try to keep my cal intake around 1200. When I get to my goal weight I'll keep it around 1500 and see how that works for me.
Your snack and lunch seem fine, make sure your yogurt is high in protein and low fat/cal. Also granola can be very high in fat, try to make sure it's low fat.

Okay, thanks! I will check them out.. I try to do 90 cal granola bars, and I think my yogurt is the same...I will have to try and get more protein in though.BMI....whats that?:)

Body Mass Index

How much weight do you want to lose Jennifer?? I have two eating related events coming up tomorrow and Friday - I will try to eat well the rest of the time. Not even going to do my pops again until Saturday. I ordered another shipment because I am almost out of the samples I bought. I got some that are Chocolate Mousse flavored - Hope they are good

Does anyone have trouble staying slim just because of PC - I don't really eat that much PC food. We have our recipe roundup on Tuesday - Maybe I should check the SBRC to see if there are some healthier recipes I need to get back on track .

I have no idea what my BMI is. I would like to lose 20-30 lbs.I think that all of the yummy PC recipes that I learn about haven't helped my weight gain!!

Sorry yes Kathy is right. If you want to know more about it search for it on the web and then you just type in your height and weight and it will tell you if your in the right zone. The reason I asked is because you might be already there and will have less luck losing weight. I'm going by my BMI to lose weight I need to lose another 15lbs to be in the healthy zone.:rolleyes:

I even told home office that they need more light recipes - Seems everything is high in whipped topping, cream cheese, chocolate, butter, etc

Not that there is anything wrong with that but in moderation

Like I can do chocolate in moderation!

I need to drop about 40-50 more lbs 30 more and I will be half my former size of 310 Dang - I just gave out my weight

Do you girls have the "good for your" recipe book from PC? There are some really good ones in there.

Kathytnt said:
I need to drop about 40-50 more lbs 30 more and I will be half my former size of 310 Dang - I just gave out my weight

I think you have done great so far, you have already lost soooo much!!

Somebody told me the other day that if I want to eat something bad for myself to do it naked in front of the mirror:D Of course I replied "sure I can eat with my eyes closed"!!:p

PC has a lot of healthy recipes, but the bad ones are the onethat always get me....amd seem to be the ones that my hosts want, so I have to test he recipe first here...I checked my BMI, and my previous plan for how much to lose is just about right so that I am in the healthy zone as well.

<h2>1. What is the Fiber 35 Diet?</h2><p>The Fiber 35 Diet is a weight loss and health program that focuses on increasing dietary fiber intake to improve overall health and aid in weight loss. It was created by nutritionist Brenda Watson and is based on the concept of consuming 35 grams of fiber per day.</p><h2>2. How does the Fiber 35 Diet work?</h2><p>The Fiber 35 Diet works by increasing fiber intake, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, regulates blood sugar levels, and supports healthy digestion. It also involves incorporating whole, nutrient-dense foods into meals and snacks and reducing processed and high-sugar foods.</p><h2>3. Is the Fiber 35 Diet suitable for everyone?</h2><p>The Fiber 35 Diet is generally safe and suitable for most adults. However, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new diet or health program, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.</p><h2>4. Can I still lose weight if I don't need to lose a lot?</h2><p>Yes, the Fiber 35 Diet is not just for weight loss, but also for improving overall health. Even if you don't have a lot of weight to lose, following the principles of the diet can still benefit your health and help you maintain a healthy weight.</p><h2>5. What kind of results can I expect from the Fiber 35 Diet?</h2><p>Results may vary from person to person, but many people who follow the Fiber 35 Diet report feeling more energized, having better digestion, and losing weight. It is important to note that results also depend on individual commitment and following the program properly.</p>

1. What is the Fiber 35 Diet?

The Fiber 35 Diet is a weight loss and health program that focuses on increasing dietary fiber intake to improve overall health and aid in weight loss. It was created by nutritionist Brenda Watson and is based on the concept of consuming 35 grams of fiber per day.

2. How does the Fiber 35 Diet work?

The Fiber 35 Diet works by increasing fiber intake, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, regulates blood sugar levels, and supports healthy digestion. It also involves incorporating whole, nutrient-dense foods into meals and snacks and reducing processed and high-sugar foods.

3. Is the Fiber 35 Diet suitable for everyone?

The Fiber 35 Diet is generally safe and suitable for most adults. However, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new diet or health program, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.

4. Can I still lose weight if I don't need to lose a lot?

Yes, the Fiber 35 Diet is not just for weight loss, but also for improving overall health. Even if you don't have a lot of weight to lose, following the principles of the diet can still benefit your health and help you maintain a healthy weight.

5. What kind of results can I expect from the Fiber 35 Diet?

Results may vary from person to person, but many people who follow the Fiber 35 Diet report feeling more energized, having better digestion, and losing weight. It is important to note that results also depend on individual commitment and following the program properly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
Replies
Views
heat123