• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Becky's Salsa Recipe: Tips for Cooking and Batch Size

In summary, it is recommended to cook a half batch of tomato sauce on low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the tomatoes, so it is best to keep an eye on it and cook until it reaches the desired consistency. A trial run is always a good idea to enjoy the sauce immediately.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I'm making 1/2 a batch since I won't have enough ripe tomatoes for a big batch until next week. (Hey, might as well do a trial run to eat right away. :D )

Anyway, do you cook it on low for that 45 minutes - 1 hour?

janetupnorth said:

I am not Becky of course but I did make some a few weeks ago and that is what I did. I do not remember exactly what time I quit cooking it. I kept cooking until it was as thick as I wanted it.

I forgot to come back and post that I cooked it! It was good! I froze some too. I wanted to make a 2nd batch but our tomatoes quit making.

janetupnorth said:
I'm making 1/2 a batch since I won't have enough ripe tomatoes for a big batch until next week. (Hey, might as well do a trial run to eat right away. :D )

I'm getting ready to do another batch! I have tomatoes coming out of my ears.

Honestly, it depends on how watery the tomatoes are. Sometimes I have to cook it longer...sometimes less. Cook it until it's the thickness you want for salsa. My 2nd batch was almost all Romas, and it didn't need to cook as long.

Long explanation to say that I eye-ball it.:rolleyes::D

Ok, sounds good...just making sure my assumption of low was correct.We'll see how it turns out!

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely help you with your tomato batch. Cooking it on low for 45 minutes to 1 hour should be perfect for a half batch. It's always a good idea to do a trial run and enjoy it right away - nothing beats fresh, homemade tomato sauce! Happy cooking!

Related to Becky's Salsa Recipe: Tips for Cooking and Batch Size

1. How can I make Becky's famous salsa at home?

To make Becky's famous salsa at home, you will need diced tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and salt. Simply mix all the ingredients together and adjust the seasoning to your liking. You can also add in other ingredients such as jalapenos or avocado to make it your own.

2. Is Becky's salsa gluten-free?

Yes, Becky's salsa is gluten-free. It does not contain any wheat, barley, or rye products. However, we always recommend checking the ingredient labels to ensure there are no hidden sources of gluten.

3. How long does Becky's salsa last in the fridge?

Becky's salsa can last up to 5 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. It is best to consume it within 2-3 days for optimal freshness.

4. Can I use canned tomatoes for Becky's salsa?

Yes, you can use canned tomatoes for Becky's salsa. However, fresh tomatoes will provide a fresher and more vibrant flavor. If using canned tomatoes, make sure to drain them before adding them to the salsa.

5. Is Becky's salsa spicy?

It depends on your personal preference and the amount of jalapenos you add. The recipe itself is not very spicy, but you can adjust the heat level by adding more or less jalapenos. You can also remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapenos for a milder salsa.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • laylaleigh
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
melindag
Replies
Views
Teresa LM