• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director August Is Non-Existant - I Need Ideas

)What would you do if you only had two shows left in the year?The author of the summary is looking to make their minimums for the year and is worried that they won't make it. They are also worried about making the $4,000 team requirement. They are going to bribe their show coordinator to get the show closed by the 31st. They are also going to try and pull shows from thin air. They are going to offer a special on the celebrate plate.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
August is my 3rd month as a Director and I'm worried that I won't make my minimums. My calendar is bare! Well, I do have one catalog show and one cooking show on the 30th :eek: that I am going to bribe her to get closed by the 31st! and pray that no checks bounce! :pray:

In talking to my team members, they have pretty bare calendars too. :cry:

I'm pretty sure I'll make my $1250 (b/c I am holding onto a July show until tomorrow). I'm worried about making the $4k team requirement. I know I'm not in danger of relinqushment at this point, but I'm going to NDA and I want my $250 travel bonus...and my overrides.

My questions are two-fold:

1) My Personal Sales: Any great ideas on pulling shows from thin air? I did the Mystery Host last month and it did turn out pretty well. However, I feel like I've exhausted my tried and true hosts and customers until the new catalog comes out. I'm planning to really promote the discontinued products and will probably offer a sale on them as well.

2) My Team's Sales: I was thinking about offering an incentive to my team. Maybe to the person who has the highest sales and the most shows? Have ya'll ever done that? Does it work? I've got tons of great products that I'd be willing to offer them, even a few duplicates of the new ones.

Any ideas? Thanks tons!

I've done this and my team responded well to it.

Attachments

• Jan-Feb Team Incentive.doc
    33 KB · Views: 243
    33 KB · Views: 262
    33 KB · Views: 240
    33 KB · Views: 305
Hold a booking blitz with your team and offer something that you have a duplicate of as the prize for the most bookings in August.

First talk with them about who they could call and what they would say and then give them the challenge. Give them a set time to do the calls but offer entries (or a separate prize) for each August show submitted - no matter when they got/get those bookings.

Suggest theme shows for them to entice this potential hosts with. Like: end of summer fling, back to school, free tax day (or week), etc.

Why someone should host in August:

- Will have good sales since it's the last opportunity to purchase items being discontinued or increasing in price.

- Opportunity to earn MULTIPLE pieces and sets of cookware! Why wait for September....if several friends book Sep shows, the Aug host can save BIG TIME! AND they get the fabulous professional grade knives! WHAT A BARGAIN!

- Last chance to get together before the chaos of school starting. Host can treat herself and friends to a special evening of summer flair (think caribbean menu, or mojitos, or something that creates a great visual and emotional response...ice cream?)

What to sell in August:
- Highlight the discontinuing items at your shows. Several are good ticket items (chillazanes, stoneware, baskets etc)

- Consider offering you own specials (make it your End of Summer Sale):
- If they purchase ALL three pieces of the vanilla stoneware, knock off some dollars and highlight that they'll also get the oven pad or trivet for free. Or offer two oven pads for free.
- Same idea on the knives with sharpening cases...emphasize the lifetime warranty (the new knives will only be warrantied for I think 5 years..probably due to the case)
- Promote stocking up on the celebrate plate. Great holiday gift.
- Offer a special on the rectangular basket WITH the rectangular platter to go with it.

- Note the cost savings on buying the FC utility knife now ($6 savings) and cutting board w/measuring cups ($2 savings)

Hope this helps

My August is non-existent as well but that will change TODAY! I'm going to be getting on the phone and doing the 24 bookings in 24 hours challenge with myself. I only had 2 shows in July due to my laziness... to put it bluntly. My most recent was Tuesday night and driving home, knowing that I don't have another show on my calender, made me feel very dissatisfied. I LOVE doing shows and am not happy with only doing 2 a month. I'm going to follow what Morfia said and get my hiney on the phone and talk to six people each day (at least) until I get my calendar to where I have 2 shows a week. Okay... off to the phone! :)

I have 2 but as Colleen says...that will change (just have to get July wrapped up...I am less than $1 away from $2500 in sales so that has to change!!)

In the past year I have changed my door prize slip to a simple check off at the end. It asks them to check off their favorite products:
Simple Additions___
Forged Cutlery___
Stoneware___
Cookware___
(then there are a few lines that ask them to be specific if there is one product in particular that they are interested in)

I then have a microsoft word table that I have set up with the person's name and which one of the items they checked off. So...I have plenty of "Forged Cutlery" fans that I need to contact for a party.

Great ideas, everyone!:sun:

Great idea Ann, I'd love to see a copy of your DPS. If you can't attach it, you can email me at 'pamperedlinda @ bellsouth.net'

I am at work right now, but will try to remember to do that tonight!

Thanks Ann. If you forget, I'll remind ya!

I loved Ann's idea, so I edited a DPS I originally got from Marna Ross. This is the one I normally use, but now I put the product info on it. :D

Enjoy!

Attachments

• PrizeDrawingSlip Marna v3.doc
    37 KB · Views: 255
    37 KB · Views: 249
    37 KB · Views: 235
    37 KB · Views: 254
Oh, love it Deb! Mine needed to be revamped, this is perfect (unless Ann's is better ;) LOL)

Deb, this is great! I basically put the same thing on a Julie Weitz type DPS so it is the same thing.

I started doing these general product lines because when I asked about products they would like to be notified about if that item was on special, I would get "stones" or "pots and pans" and that is so difficult to put on the PP or P3 wish lists.

This at least gives me a base list of people to contact when these go on special. So as you can see, with the exception of the stones, I have a good list going. (now I need to apply my bum to the chair, pick up the phone, dial and ask!!)

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, love it Deb! Mine needed to be revamped, this is perfect (unless Ann's is better ;) LOL)

I like Deb's but will put mine on later tonight...and do remind me, Linda...my mind wanders off for no apparent reason!:D

I was so stressed thinking I was the only new director that was stressed about making the requirements. Today ends my first month as a new director and my team is $750 short of $4k. I hate that I won't hit the $4k mark! However, I am thrilled that we got that much! It is only from 3 of us.

I am really working on my August shows. Right now I have 5 on the books and the main reaon is calling calling calling! If someone says they need to check a calendar at work or home or whatever I make sure I ask them when I can call back that night or the next day. I still have about 4 dates I want filled because this is my last month worrying about that $4k!! Dang it!

Chef Kearns said:
I was so stressed thinking I was the only new director that was stressed about making the requirements. Today ends my first month as a new director and my team is $750 short of $4k. I hate that I won't hit the $4k mark! However, I am thrilled that we got that much! It is only from 3 of us.

I am really working on my August shows. Right now I have 5 on the books and the main reaon is calling calling calling! If someone says they need to check a calendar at work or home or whatever I make sure I ask them when I can call back that night or the next day. I still have about 4 dates I want filled because this is my last month worrying about that $4k!! Dang it!

Wow - good for you with 5 shows on the books for August!! I need to do that. I just had a cancellation for August.:mad:

Hey Linda! What a miracle! I remembered!

Attachments

• Guest Care Card-Ann.doc
    60 KB · Views: 237
    60 KB · Views: 236
    60 KB · Views: 245
    60 KB · Views: 243
Thanks Ann. I love the little chef hat guy.

those are sooo cute! Gonna have to "borrow" them!

I have seen him in several other "poses" too and I can not remember where. He is a cutie!:chef:

I had a great idea this morning!

I'm going to do a Mystery Host show for the teachers and office personnel a my son's school. I'll put a flyer in all the mail boxes explaining it and leave catalogs in the work room. I'll specidy a close date and bring a PC recipe on that day for them. I'm pretty sure the principal will allow this, she likes me and she loves PC! Wish me luck :love0010:

Excellent idea!! I work in a school but because I am a department head, there has to be some care as far as how I do my business!:grumpy:

Question: do you think it is a conflict of interest for me, as PTA president, so the Mystery Host thing for my DD's school????

chefmeg said:
Question: do you think it is a conflict of interest for me, as PTA president, so the Mystery Host thing for my DD's school????

I'd talk with the Principal about it. Maybe offer to do it and donate a percentage of your commission - that way you aren't quite as conflicting, but still earning some $$ - kwim?

I think she would be less inclined to let me do it if I were donating anything as that wold lead to other DS mom's on PTA saying "why can't I do that?"....I'll just call her and see what she thinks!

1. What is the "August Is Non-Existant - I Need Ideas" promotion?

The "August Is Non-Existant - I Need Ideas" promotion is a special offer from Pampered Chef for the month of August. It includes exclusive discounts and deals on select products, as well as recipe ideas and cooking tips.

2. How can I take advantage of the "August Is Non-Existant - I Need Ideas" promotion?

To take advantage of this promotion, simply visit our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to provide you with all the details and help you place an order for the discounted products.

3. Are there any restrictions or limitations to the "August Is Non-Existant - I Need Ideas" promotion?

There may be some restrictions or limitations on certain products or offers within the promotion. We recommend checking the details of each offer before placing an order to ensure you are eligible and understand any restrictions.

4. Can I combine the "August Is Non-Existant - I Need Ideas" promotion with other offers or discounts?

No, the "August Is Non-Existant - I Need Ideas" promotion cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. However, you can still earn Host Rewards or use any existing credits or coupons towards your purchase.

5. How long is the "August Is Non-Existant - I Need Ideas" promotion valid for?

The promotion is only valid for the month of August. Be sure to take advantage of the offers and discounts before they expire at the end of the month.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Zergus
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • Kelly8