• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you struggling to book more shows as a consultant?

In summary, Leslie recommends trying local fairs, Pampering businesses, putting up flyers in your neighborhood stores, maybe canvassing your neighborhood, and looking in the files for 118 booking ideas. She also suggests getting your name out there by doing demos, playing to your audience's wants, and making your shows fun. Finally, she advises against coming off desperate and sounding like you don't care.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Okay, so after reading some of the other threads...I have found out that I am not in a boat by myself. For those of you "pros", I need to find out how to not come off desperate, even if I am desperate! I only average about 2 shows a month. I call, I email with the tone of it would be great for them. I really need to do more shows a month, but for the life of me can't figure out how to get it done. I have been doing the 3 contacts a day, but it isn't helping.
HELP!

I'm no seasoned Consultant but have you tried local fairs, pampering businesses, putting up flyers in your neighborhood stores, maybe canvassing your neighborhood, and look in the files for 118 booking ideas. HTH!?

yeah i would definately try what heather said .. getting your name out there alittle bit might help you ... also, if you havent tried hands on demos... try those, my guests love them and seem to buy more and even book more becuase they want to do the same thing! and just make your shows fun ... try to sound enthusiastic about the host specials .. especially in sept with the pans and stuff ... hope some of this helps you!

With your three contacts a day, are you actually asking them to have a show? Or are you just making the contact? I have noticed that sometimes I wait for them to tell me they are ready to have a show, instead of coming out and saying "is it time to have the show at your house?". When I actually ask, it makes a huge difference.

And I know it sounds crazy, but if you sound desperate, they won't book with you. Feel free to make it sound like you are really busy and can only do one more show this month. It worked for me!

I agree with the fairs and things if you can do it. They really help as long as you follow up faithfully!

Good luck! Believe that you can do it and you will!

Leslie,
Do you use the PDS & "walk" them thru it at your shows? ( It is the last thing I do at my shows).

by checking the following boxes you'll let me know if you want to:

to save $$ by choosing FREE products as my next host
make $$ by joining my team & owning your own PC business
spend $$ by giving me permission to call you when your wishlist products go on sale

In the beginning after thanking my host I have them turn to the host chart at the back of the catalog & have them tell me what they get for a $600 show. reminding them a $500 party gets them invited to my host appreciation brunch in Dec.

I also do the blank index card
during my demo when I am stirring or filling a wreath or braid or whatever I "scatter" these questions :
the names of 5 adults not partying with us
how they would spend an extra $400 -$1,000 a month
5 people with a kitchen
eating out this weekend........... what beverage will you order
the waiter has served your drink, will you order an appetizer, salad, main dish or dessert?
Which product or product collections would you like more of?
Which day of the week is less hectic?

As I pass out the PDS I tell them they have started their guest list we have the first 10 of 40 names they need, if they were to join PC they could spend their commission on....
We know what we are eating and drinking at their party
What products they are going to get for FREE
which day they are having their party (I do tell them at the beginning of my show I work Tues. Thurs. and some weekends) If they choose Wed or a different day when they checkout I give them my calendar and they choose a highlighted day.

I also write absolutely every thing on my calendar so when they look at it they know I'm busy!! kids dental, dr. dance , games etc.

robinlkoch said:
With your three contacts a day, are you actually asking them to have a show? Or are you just making the contact? I have noticed that sometimes I wait for them to tell me they are ready to have a show, instead of coming out and saying "is it time to have the show at your house?". When I actually ask, it makes a huge difference.

And I know it sounds crazy, but if you sound desperate, they won't book with you. Feel free to make it sound like you are really busy and can only do one more show this month. It worked for me!

I agree with the fairs and things if you can do it. They really help as long as you follow up faithfully!

Good luck! Believe that you can do it and you will!
I really need to work on that one, asking everyone, not just waiting for them to say it, while I am doing my CC calls!:rolleyes:

I have done local fairs, bridal fairs, talking to people at the bank, phone co., drs. offices, etc. Doesn't get me much than a thanks for the catalog. I will need to work on the cc thing. I don't want them to have the impression that I call to get a booking. I call to check on how they like their products, do they need ideas, etc. I really have a hard time with the ones that I know have marked all no's on their order forms or DPS. I really like the blank index card thing. I might try that at my next show. For some reason I can't even get anyone to commit to a catalog show. I know that our area is saturated with PC, but everyone usually says I don't have money, I don't have time...etc. All to which I respond with what is ingrained in us. Still no dice.
Hence the reason I started offering extras to hold shows like the catalog tic tac toe and the 5 for $25. No matter how excited I am, I can't get the excitement to rub off and make them get excited about their shows.

I LOVE the notecard idea :)

When you run into people you know at the store ask them about their life. What's going on? How are the kids? Oh, I see you have _______ in your cart - what are you making?

THEY will bring up PC and then you can say "Oh, wait until you see the special for ______.

I just ran into a past host that had rebooked a year ago and never could get around to that party (I kept in touch every month or so). I asked about the kids and grandkids and then before we went our separate ways she said "I want to do a PC wedding shower for my son's fiance." I told her about the cookware special in September and she said "I'll call you as soon as I talk to her."

Had she not brought up PC I would have left her with the personal chatting (I genuinely DO care about those things). The next time I would have called she would have remembered that I didn't talk about PC every time I see people.

Now if it's a stranger of course I would bring up PC but I would still start with other things - find something to talk about and the conversation will 9 times out of 10 turn to something that can bring up what you do.

HTH

Teresa Lynn said:
I also do the blank index card
during my demo when I am stirring or filling a wreath or braid or whatever I "scatter" these questions :
the names of 5 adults not partying with us
how they would spend an extra $400 -$1,000 a month
5 people with a kitchen
eating out this weekend........... what beverage will you order
the waiter has served your drink, will you order an appetizer, salad, main dish or dessert?
Which product or product collections would you like more of?
Which day of the week is less hectic?

As I pass out the PDS I tell them they have started their guest list we have the first 10 of 40 names they need, if they were to join PC they could spend their commission on....
We know what we are eating and drinking at their party
What products they are going to get for FREE
which day they are having their party (I do tell them at the beginning of my show I work Tues. Thurs. and some weekends) If they choose Wed or a different day when they checkout I give them my calendar and they choose a highlighted day.

I also write absolutely every thing on my calendar so when they look at it they know I'm busy!! kids dental, dr. dance , games etc.

I LOVE this idea! How come I haven't heard of it before? It eliminates a lot of the objections off the bat, doesn't it?

--Jenny L

We have a new bridal shop here. I went by yesterday with our bridal registry brochures and some shower flyers (that I got off of here). I also stamped some recipe cards with my info. I put them all in a pretty white wicker basket with a tulle bow....and cookies for the shop owner. They were thrilled with the cookies and more than happy to sit my basket out. I hope this brings me some luck!

Cindycooks said:
We have a new bridal shop here. I went by yesterday with our bridal registry brochures and some shower flyers (that I got off of here). I also stamped some recipe cards with my info. I put them all in a pretty white wicker basket with a tulle bow....and cookies for the shop owner. They were thrilled with the cookies and more than happy to sit my basket out. I hope this brings me some luck!

How creative!!! Hope it brings you luck!!

i really like that blank index card idea! where do you have them put their names and contact info? on the back or what? i think it would be a hit .. like a little game but more of having them realize that all the work is done on their part now :) FANTASTIC!

I don't care which side they write on I don't look at them.

(when I get to the beverage part I tell them By the way the cards are for your eyes only I do not read them, because they always giggle and I know they are wanting to write alcoholic drinks)
I do highly discourage alcohol at my shows, but that is just me. I tell them they are free to serve them after I've taken orders. Shows where alcohol is served have had very high sales and bookings and the next day orders were canceled when they saw their total which they were ok with when they were indulging or sales are pityful because all they want to do is drink and socialize.

Let me have 45 minutes with them you can have the rest of the evening

Related to Are you struggling to book more shows as a consultant?

1. How long does it typically take for a new consultant to become "seasoned"?

Becoming a seasoned consultant varies for each individual, but on average it takes about 6-12 months. It depends on how much time and effort you put into your business.

2. What are the benefits of being a "seasoned" consultant?

As a seasoned consultant, you have more experience and knowledge about our products and business. This can lead to higher sales and more opportunities for leadership roles within the company.

3. Are there any requirements to maintain "seasoned" status?

There are no specific requirements to maintain "seasoned" status, but it is important to continue learning and staying up-to-date with product knowledge and business strategies.

4. Can I still be successful as a consultant if I am not "seasoned"?

Yes, absolutely! Being "seasoned" is not a requirement for success as a consultant. As long as you are passionate about our products and willing to put in the effort, you can achieve success at any level.

5. How can I continue to grow and improve as a "seasoned" consultant?

There are many ways to continue growing and improving as a seasoned consultant. You can attend training events, network with other consultants, and constantly strive to learn more about our products and business. Additionally, taking on leadership roles and mentoring new consultants can also help you to develop your skills and knowledge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bearhall04
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
bearhall04
  • PamperedChefJoanne
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • csulier