• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You in Mountain Time Zone or Considering Daylight Savings?

In summary, everyone is in different time zones. Carolyn is from Miami, Gillian is from Alaska, and Ann is from Newfoundland. Carolyn and Gillian are both in Eastern time, and Ann is in Pacific time. Carolyn and Gillian are different than Gillian because Carolyn is in the Eastern time zone while Gillian is in the Alaska time zone.

What time zone are you in?

• Total voters
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Just curious as to what time zone everyone is in? I always feel like I am the only one posting early in the morning - LOL

I'm just south of Atlanta - Eastern Time for me.

Carolyn, where in FL are you? I'm originally from Miami.

Eastern for me too, Central Kentucky.

I'm in Eastern.But you forgot to put AK/HI timezone for Gillian! :)

You know what's funny Carolyn is I feel I missed a whole bunch of people when I come on in the morn, because you guys have already been on for a while.

I'm in Eastern.:)

pamperedlinda said:
I'm just south of Atlanta - Eastern Time for me.

Carolyn, where in FL are you? I'm originally from Miami.

I am about 40 minutes north of Miami - in Broward County - Coconut Creek. My aunt is from Kendall - right by the Dadeland Mall. When did you leave FL?

chefann said:
I'm in Eastern.

But you forgot to put AK/HI timezone for Gillian! :)

Is she different than the Pacific time zone?
I am so clueless abot the various time zones - LOL

dannyzmom said:
I am about 40 minutes north of Miami - in Broward County - Coconut Creek. My aunt is from Kendall - right by the Dadeland Mall. When did you leave FL?
I left Miami when I was a teen in 1978, I grew up in the Hialeah-Miami Lakes area - the area sure has changed! My dad lived there until '94 so I would visit all the time, he lives in West Palm Beach now so I don't get to Miami as much any more. I sure miss the Cuban food though - LOVE those pastelitos (sp) and cuban sandwiches!

pamperedlinda said:
I left Miami when I was a teen in 1978, I grew up in the Hialeah-Miami Lakes area - the area sure has changed! My dad lived there until '94 so I would visit all the time, he lives in West Palm Beach now so I don't get to Miami as much any more. I sure miss the Cuban food though - LOVE those pastelitos (sp) and cuban sandwiches!

I am NOT a fan of Cuban sandwiches but I LIVED on pastelitos when I was pregnant with my first son. I was working on my doctorate at the time and was going to school in Miami - they served pastelitos in the school cafe - LOL Yummmmm...

Morning. At least, for a few minutes yet.

Same as you Carolyn! I'm a floridian too!!! But I've always been on the eastern time zone, I'm originally from Michigan!:D

Ha! I am from the very tip of Northwest Indiana. We are one of only a few counties in Indiana that are in the Central Time Zone. The rest of the state is Eastern....talk about confusing!

I am in MA-Eastern Time.

jwpamp said:
Ha! I am from the very tip of Northwest Indiana. We are one of only a few counties in Indiana that are in the Central Time Zone. The rest of the state is Eastern....talk about confusing!
How about for a visitor?

Last week, I drove from Terre Haute to Vincennes to Washington to Linton and somehwere along the way I lost and gained an hour and lost it again. Indiana makes lunch dates into a challenge!

(And you didn't even mention the Daylight Savings Time mess!)

I'm in North Eastern Kentucky, Eastern Time Zone.

chefann said:
I'm in Eastern.

But you forgot to put AK/HI timezone for Gillian! :)

Thanks Ann! I didn't vote since I didn't apply to any choice, LOL, but I am 4 hours behind eastern time and 1 hour ahead of Hawaiian time.

Here in Newfoundland we are a half hour later than the rest of of North America, therefore we will be the first to ring in the new year!!! I will cheer extra loud... maybe you will all hear me!! lol

Cheers

I'm Pacific in California, but I wish I was Hawaiian time!!!

You and Me both Danielle! lol. I am Pacific too. :D

ChefAggi said:
Here in Newfoundland we are a half hour later than the rest of of North America, therefore we will be the first to ring in the new year!!! I will cheer extra loud... maybe you will all hear me!! lol

Cheers

We call that the "freak" time zone.

I'm just kidding you Aggi. I think there's a little teeny time zone somewhere in the world that's off by 15 minutes.

(I used to listen to CBC in the car before we got our own classical station in Detroit, and it sounded so weird to hear "Such-and-such program at 8:00 pm, 8:30 in Newfoundland".)

chefann said:
We call that the "freak" time zone.

I'm just kidding you Aggi. I think there's a little teeny time zone somewhere in the world that's off by 15 minutes.

(I used to listen to CBC in the car before we got our own classical station in Detroit, and it sounded so weird to hear "Such-and-such program at 8:00 pm, 8:30 in Newfoundland".)
Okay, let's synchronize watches...

You have WHAT??? :eek:

I'm in Germany (US Forces)...six hours ahead of Eastern time. This works out great for checking in here. In the morning I can have my cup(s) of coffee and peruse all the great ideas that posted while I was sleeping. It's waaaay better than the old morning newspaper routine!

I'm Central for here in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

At 11pm (I'm mountain time)on the last day of the month I wish I were on the east coast! Then I could have an hour past the deadline to submit! Two extra hours, that could make such a huge difference for my business!

Of course, the rest of the month I'll take Hawaiian time!

I'm Pacific time.

Doesn't matter where I am, I'm just always a day late and a dollar short.

I'm always behind the curve, trailing the next best thing and following my dreams...and somehow I NEVER seem to catch up!! :eek:

Is that you there, next to me, on the trailing edge of technology?Sit down, as soon as my Sly and the Family Stone 8-track tape finishes, we can watch Flashdance on my Betamax. Be sure to wear your leg warmers.

Paige Dixon said:
At 11pm (I'm mountain time)on the last day of the month I wish I were on the east coast! Then I could have an hour past the deadline to submit! Two extra hours, that could make such a huge difference for my business!

Of course, the rest of the month I'll take Hawaiian time!

I am Eastern time now, grew up in SD so Pacific time for the first 25 years of my life but when we were in Japan we were 16-17 hours ahead of Pacific, depending on Daylight savings or not (we did not fall back or spring forward in Japan). It made great for closing shows on the last day of the month because we could still submit shows up until noon on the first!! I loved it!!!

Southern Indiana here. Eastern time. Yes, Indiana time is very strange. The county I'm in didn't used to change time during daylight savings time, so 6 months out of the year we would be Eastern and the other 6 Central. '06 was the first time we changed.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Doesn't matter where I am, I'm just always a day late and a dollar short.
The story of my life!!

Mountain time here! Nothing strange about the state of Wyoming's time...but I hear there is a vote in the Legislature about Daylight Savings! So maybe we will be one of those states soon that doesn't change time! Who knows!:D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Rapunzil
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg