• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Daylight Savings: My Personal Struggle

In summary, "Daylight Savings Boo Hoo" is a phrase used to express frustration or sadness about the time change that occurs twice a year. It occurs in the spring and fall when Daylight Saving Time begins or ends, typically on the second Sunday in March and the first Sunday in November in the United States. Daylight Saving Time was originally implemented to save energy, but it is now a controversial practice. It can disrupt our sleep patterns and daily routines, with the spring time change resulting in losing an hour of sleep and the fall time change resulting in gaining an extra hour of sleep. To cope with "Daylight Savings Boo Hoo", it is recommended to gradually adjust your sleep schedule and prioritize self-care during this time of transition.
nikked
Gold Member
I am so glad to have our clock back to "normal", but I hate this transitition time when our internal clocks haven't figured it out yet. It's like jet lag, but worse because of kids! I'm so ready to put them down, but it's way too early...

I was raised in AZ which doesn't participate, so I still have a hard time every switchover, even though I've been married almost 13 years and dealing with it since the marriage.

Just feeling sorry for myself and thought I would share my misery. Hope the rest of you are having an easier time of it.

Well, I'm about ready for bed and will probably wake up early.

Well my DD is PASSED OUT, and my 7 yr old is moaning that he's SO TIRED! My 5 yr old is telling me that he's not that tired. But, I've got them all down for bed 30 minutes early. 8 pm is bed time and they'll probably be passed out by 8! LOVE IT!!! :D

Fall Back is a lot easier than Spring Forward!

I agree with KG

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Fall Back is a lot easier than Spring Forward!

I agree 100%. I am trying to get my internal clock set back though. It felt like 9:00 at 7!

My system is still screwed up from working third shift for the few months, and I still find myself awake in the middle of the night alot. Just the same, when I'm home, I go out for breakfast with my neighbor every Sunday morning. The last few times, he's had to wake me up. This morning, I was ready to go when he was and I felt like I had an extra half hour to sleep!

Related to Dealing with Daylight Savings: My Personal Struggle

What is "Daylight Savings Boo Hoo"?

"Daylight Savings Boo Hoo" is a phrase used to express frustration or sadness about the time change that occurs twice a year when we either lose or gain an hour of daylight.

When does "Daylight Savings Boo Hoo" occur?

"Daylight Savings Boo Hoo" occurs in the spring and fall when Daylight Saving Time begins or ends. In the United States, it typically happens on the second Sunday in March and the first Sunday in November.

Why do we have "Daylight Savings Boo Hoo"?

Daylight Saving Time was originally implemented to save energy and make better use of daylight. However, it is now a controversial practice with some arguing that it is no longer necessary or beneficial.

How does "Daylight Savings Boo Hoo" affect my schedule?

"Daylight Savings Boo Hoo" can disrupt our sleep patterns and daily routines. The spring time change can result in losing an hour of sleep, while the fall time change can result in gaining an extra hour of sleep.

What can I do to cope with "Daylight Savings Boo Hoo"?

To cope with "Daylight Savings Boo Hoo", you may want to gradually adjust your sleep schedule leading up to the time change. Additionally, make sure to prioritize self-care and try to get enough rest during this time of transition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampermeplease
Replies
Views
sklay723
Replies
Views
Chef Michelle D
Replies
Views