• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You a Quitter, Camper, or Climber in Your Business?

sometimes don't think my family really sees that my PC business is a 'real job' either. They like the $$ that comes in, and they understand that I leave the house for shows and meetings, but when I have to do paperwork and computerwork and host coaching calls and recruiting calls......I feel like they think I'm just playing around......I don't think that they really get it. Anyone else have this issue?
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
One of the directors in my area sent these notes out. It is from a Director Training or something (maybe ChefLisa knows, she might have been there....). Anyhow, it was a great reminder to me as after reading this I can honestly say that I am currently in the camper mode. I need to get back to being a climber!

I hope this gives you the kick in the pants that it gave me.

Quitters, Campers or Climbers?

Which one are you?

Our life and our business is an uphill climb

In order to reach your dream you must do some climbing

Our businesses are like Mt. Climbing - On your journey up your mountain you will encounter problems, and 3 types of people (quitters, campers, and climbers)

In order to reach the mountain top you will have to overcome the quitter and camper inside of you.

We should all want to be climbers or we are selling ourselves short

Success shouldn’t diminish our desire it should encourage us to go farther & keep climbing

Campers will allow where they are in their business to become a permanent address for them and they will stop focusing on their goal

Climbers want it all!!!

Climbers are dedicated

A lot of climbers will have to pitch a tent to get refreshed but they will get back on their mountain and continue working towards their goal

It is not always easy and it can look insurmountable but a climber will not quit

It is always easier to be a quitter or a camper than a climber.

We need to be like the Mona Lisa --- keep smiling when our back is to the wall

Quitting can be a habit just like winning.

There are 2 times in business when you are vulnerable to quitting …
After a huge failure or a huge success (because you are relaxed)

Winston Churchhill noticed that the bulldog’s nose is slanted backwards to he can still breath without letting go… we need to get bulldog tenacity (Continue to breath but hold on)

In trying times don’t stop trying

Good is the enemy of best (even the army says be all you can be)

If at first you do succeed try something harder!

Don’t stop climbing until your good is better and your better is best!

Regret looks back
Worry looks around
Vision looks up

If your yesterday still looks big to you that means you are not doing anything today! Beware of security

Endurance is the difference between quitters, campers and climbers.

Endure now = enjoyment later
70% off fatalities in Mt. Climbing occur on the way back down. They have lost their focus and make mistakes.

Climb for yourself, for your business and for your family.

Don’t miss out on what you could have or could be because you get weary of the climb

awesome awesome awesome!!

This is from the most recent Exec Seminar. It is fabulous!!! Plus, don't forget, you can be a climber in one area of your life and a camper in another.

Thanks LInda for posting this!

cmdtrgd said:
............ don't forget, you can be a climber in one area of your life and a camper in another.
Very true. I've had family commitments that have taken a priority lately and my biz has taken a bit of a backseat.

I sometimes don't think my family really sees that my PC business is a 'real job' either. They like the $$ that comes in, and they understand that I leave the house for shows and meetings, but when I have to do paperwork and computerwork and host coaching calls and recruiting calls......I feel like they think I'm just playing around......I don't think that they really get it. Anyone else have this issue?

pamperedlinda said:
I sometimes don't think my family really sees that my PC business is a 'real job' either. They like the $$ that comes in, and they understand that I leave the house for shows and meetings, but when I have to do paperwork and computerwork and host coaching calls and recruiting calls......I feel like they think I'm just playing around......I don't think that they really get it. Anyone else have this issue?

I think so too!! When I leave to go to a show, where I make $$, then I'm working....but if I'm printing/entering shows/making calls, it's, "oh, Mom's in the office, let go ask her for juice/snack/whatever....My kids are really little though, so it's kinda hard for them to grasp, "In the office, but NOT "here"" Although, my hubby kinda acts the same way:grumpy: He tells the kids I have to get 100,000 "clicks" in every day....:D smart a**!:p

Thanks for sharing Linda!

pamperedlinda said:
Very true. I've had family commitments that have taken a priority lately and my biz has taken a bit of a backseat.

Totally have this issue! Occasionally, DH will say ""it seems like you are always working on PC"......

Yeah, because all of my work is done in bits and pieces.....I never have a good 2-3 hour window to just get it all done! DH and DS think it is fine to interrupt me when I am working....and of course, the minute I get on the phone - chaos breaks out!:rolleyes: I've talked and talked and talked to them about it, but it doesn't seem to get through. Trying to get my work done at home is my biggest frustration!

Thanks for sharing, Linda.

ChefBeckyD said:
.............Trying to get my work done at home is my biggest frustration!
I hear ya there!

I love your little "story". As I was reading and realizing how true it is in our business, I also realized how true it is in our spiritual lives. Wow!! It really makes you think.

As for the working at home...my business is very part time because I am so busy with all the kids' activities and helping my husband with our restaurant, and sometimes with his catering...not to mention all the errands I run for him. But in the evening when I finally get to breathe, I sit down at the computer to check email, check this site, enter shows, etc. and all he says is "You are always on the computer". He doesn't quite get the fact that as his "secretary/bookkeeper", not only is my computer time for PC, but also for all of his stuff. We have more arguments over the computer than anything. His "computer time" consists of sitting in his recliner watching tv and sleeping. It is very frustrating at times. I quit a full time...well paying...job to help him, but most of the time I feel very unappreciated. OK, I'll stop whining!!

Thanks for the little inspiration.

Shawnna said:
I love your little "story". As I was reading and realizing how true it is in our business, I also realized how true it is in our spiritual lives. Wow!! It really makes you think......
The Director that sent it to me also said she took the original from a sermon that her pastor gave and tweaked it for training with her team. It is quite inspirational and useful for all aspects of our lives.

pamperedlinda said:

Regret looks back
Worry looks around
Vision looks up

I love this Linda. I think I need to post it on my computer! :)

Related to Are You a Quitter, Camper, or Climber in Your Business?

1. What are "Quiters, Campers, and Climbers"?

"Quiters, Campers, and Climbers" is a concept used in Pampered Chef to describe different types of consultants. Quitters are those who join the company but do not actively work to build their business. Campers are consultants who are content with staying at a certain level and do not strive for growth. Climbers are the consultants who are determined to reach the top and continuously work towards achieving higher levels of success.

2. How can I avoid becoming a "Quiter" in Pampered Chef?

The best way to avoid becoming a "Quiter" is to set clear goals and create a plan to achieve them. Stay motivated and dedicated to your business by attending trainings, networking with other consultants, and consistently working on your business. Seek support and guidance from your upline and utilize the resources provided by Pampered Chef to help you stay on track.

3. As a consultant, how can I become a "Camper" in Pampered Chef?

To become a "Camper," you should be satisfied with your current level of success and not actively seek growth or advancement. This may mean not attending trainings or events, not utilizing the resources provided by Pampered Chef, and not actively promoting your business. However, it is important to remember that staying at the same level may limit your potential for success and growth in the company.

4. What does it take to become a successful "Climber" in Pampered Chef?

A successful "Climber" in Pampered Chef is someone who is determined, motivated, and consistently works towards achieving higher levels of success. This may involve attending trainings and events, continuously promoting your business, and utilizing the resources and support provided by Pampered Chef. It also requires a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn and grow.

5. Can I change from being a "Quiter" or "Camper" to a "Climber" in Pampered Chef?

Yes, it is possible to change from being a "Quiter" or "Camper" to a "Climber" in Pampered Chef. This requires a shift in mindset and a determination to work towards achieving higher levels of success. Seek support and guidance from your upline and utilize the resources provided by Pampered Chef to help you make this transition and reach your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
myinnerchef
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heather223