• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Apple Peeler Corer Slicer: Tips and Tricks for Proper Use

In summary, the person's apple peeler seems to not be working properly and it does it half way and then messes up. They may need a new blade.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
So i had someone come up to me at a show last night...said her APCS is just over 3 yrs old, but it seems to not be working properly regarding the actual process of peeling the apple..and it does it half way and then messes up.

Has anyone any experience or info. about this. Obviously since it is out of warranty, it can't be replaced, but I told her I'd check around to see if anyone had a similar problem and if they had any 'trick' to suggest to help her APCS to work properly...

She may need a new blade, available as a replacement part.

mine has never worked right but i figured i just didn't know what i was doing. Maybe i'll replace the blade to see if that helps. Although i doubt that it's the blade since i've only used it 10 times or so and 1/2 the times it's screwed up so bad i've not been able to use the poor apple for the recipe. (apple bundles, i looooove those things!)

I would first ask her what type of apples she is peeling. The soft ones are very hard to peel w/o smashing the apple. Also, the blade is adjustable in and out (closer or further away from the apple). She also should crank very fast when it starts to peel. I find this makes it easier.

I've had my APCS for 15 years and have never had to replace the blade.

tabnat80 said:
mine has never worked right but i figured i just didn't know what i was doing. Maybe i'll replace the blade to see if that helps. Although i doubt that it's the blade since i've only used it 10 times or so and 1/2 the times it's screwed up so bad i've not been able to use the poor apple for the recipe. (apple bundles, i looooove those things!)

Have you tried moving the peeling blade back and forth? As in moving it back and tightening it AND trying to peel or vice versa.:)

Has she ever put it in the dishwasher?If so ... she will probably need a new blade.I didn't know I wasn't supposed to put it in there until I became a consultant.

What is an Apple Peeler Corer Slicer?

An Apple Peeler Corer Slicer is a kitchen tool used to quickly and easily peel, core, and slice apples in one simple motion. It is designed to save time and effort when preparing apples for cooking or snacking.

How does the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer work?

The Apple Peeler Corer Slicer has a sharp blade that peels the skin of the apple as it rotates. It also has prongs that hold the apple in place while the blade cores and slices the apple at the same time. The result is a perfectly peeled, cored, and sliced apple ready to be used.

Is the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer easy to use?

Yes, the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer is very easy to use. Simply place the apple on the prongs, turn the handle, and the blade will do the rest. It requires minimal effort and is a great tool for those with limited hand strength or dexterity.

What types of apples can be used with the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer?

The Apple Peeler Corer Slicer works best with medium to large-sized apples. It can be used with a variety of apple types including Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Gala, and more. It is not recommended for use with small or oddly shaped apples.

How do I clean and maintain my Apple Peeler Corer Slicer?

The Apple Peeler Corer Slicer can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft cloth. Be sure to dry it thoroughly after each use to prevent rusting. The blades should be sharpened periodically to ensure optimal performance. Store it in a dry place when not in use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • lanelly7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • kimodchef