• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problems With Apple Peeler-Corer-Slicer

Thanks for the great tip! Do you freeze the apples with or without the sugar and spices? And do you use a zip-lock bag, or vacuum sealed bag? I am so doing this in the fall!I had that problem-hated the thing when I first tried to use it. Adjusting the cutting head should work - She will need to play around with it to get the right cutting depth! I also find the apples that are bagged (like 3# bags) are the better ones to use with the APCS. They are more uniform in shape and size and cut better.I've found that freezing them with the sugar and spices helps keep them from becoming too mealy
kimodchef
Gold Member
I have a customer who purchased one a couple of years ago. She's asking me about a problem she has where it takes off too much flesh from the apple along with the peel. She has tried adjusting the cutter piece, but it is still taking off too much. Any suggestions for her? I've sometimes had this problem and thought it was because the apples were too soft, but it seems to even be happening with Granny Smiths.

I'd appreciate any advice you can give!

I too find that if the apple is softer, it will remove more fruit with the peel. If I use it in the fall, right after the apples are picked, I have a better quality peel and slice than I do with apples I buy in say, January. Apples as they sit get mealy and soft, even Granny Smith's, so, I make sure I do a bushel or two of apples in the fall and freeze them for pies or desserts to make later. Oh and get this! I did a pie using frozen apples I did in the fall sometime in February, it was the last pouch I had in the freezer. Then I had to run out and buy apples to make a second pie. The apples that I froze actually had a better texture and even a better taste than the ones I bought "fresh" from the grocery store!

pampered1224 said:
I too find that if the apple is softer, it will remove more fruit with the peel. If I use it in the fall, right after the apples are picked, I have a better quality peel and slice than I do with apples I buy in say, January. Apples as they sit get mealy and soft, even Granny Smith's, so, I make sure I do a bushel or two of apples in the fall and freeze them for pies or desserts to make later. Oh and get this! I did a pie using frozen apples I did in the fall sometime in February, it was the last pouch I had in the freezer. Then I had to run out and buy apples to make a second pie. The apples that I froze actually had a better texture and even a better taste than the ones I bought "fresh" from the grocery store!

What a great tip John! Thanks!! :love:

pampered1224 said:

Thanks for the great tip! Do you freeze the apples with or without the sugar and spices? And do you use a zip-lock bag, or vacuum sealed bag? I am so doing this in the fall!

I had that problem-hated the thing when I first tried to use it. Adjusting the cutting head should work - She will need to play around with it to get the right cutting depth!
I also find the apples that are bagged (like 3# bags) are the better ones to use with the APCS. They are more uniform in shape and size and cut better.BTW I LOVE the APCS-Apple Berry Salsa is my Favorite PC recipe!

What are the most common problems with the Apple Peeler-Corer-Slicer?

Some of the most common problems reported by customers include the blade not being sharp enough, the suction not holding the device in place, the handle breaking, the peeling arm getting stuck, and difficulty in cleaning.

How do I sharpen the blade of my Apple Peeler-Corer-Slicer?

To sharpen the blade, you can use a sharpening stone or a knife sharpener. Place the blade at a 20-degree angle against the stone or sharpener, and move it back and forth a few times until it is sharp. Be careful not to over-sharpen the blade as it can become too thin and break easily.

Why is the suction not holding my Apple Peeler-Corer-Slicer in place?

The suction works best on smooth, non-porous surfaces such as glass or stainless steel. If you are using the device on a textured or uneven surface, the suction may not be as effective. Make sure to clean the surface and the suction cup before use for better grip.

How do I prevent the handle of my Apple Peeler-Corer-Slicer from breaking?

The handle may break if too much pressure is applied while using the device. Make sure to use a gentle and steady pressure while turning the handle. Avoid using excessive force or twisting motions that can put strain on the handle.

What is the best way to clean my Apple Peeler-Corer-Slicer?

To clean the device, disassemble it and wash the parts with warm soapy water. Use a small brush or toothpick to remove any food particles stuck in the crevices. Make sure to dry all the parts thoroughly before reassembling. Do not wash the device in the dishwasher as it can damage the blades and other components.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rosechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • LUVANTIQS
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
LUVANTIQS
  • JennyJennJen