• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Trying to Conceive?

In summary, Kristen and her husband are not trying for a baby, but are hoping for one. Her son is 5 months old and she plans to have another child in the future.
There's a completely useless fact! :DOf course, my head is full of useless facts.
Facts, schmacts.

Janet! You keep slipping in while I'm typing, so my replies are disconnected from the post to which I'm responding! :grumpy:

janetupnorth said:
The baby on a rope thing reminded me of the obstetrics talk in EMT refresher last Saturday - we all knew newborns are more slippery than snot but did you know umbilical cords can range from a few inches long or no cord (achordia) to almost 10 feet long!!!!
I get emails every day, telling me I can take pills for that.

chefann said:
Janet! You keep slipping in while I'm typing, so my replies are disconnected from the post to which I'm responding! :grumpy:
Oh, nobody cares. Anne gave up on this thread a long time ago.
threadjacked.gif

chefann said:

Sorry... :rolleyes:

Had to get a few minutes on CS time in since I've been working so much and didn't have lunch and have a meeting in less than 10 minutes.

I'm SOOOO full of useful (I mean useless) medical facts from this weekend...you don't want to hear the discussion about object found up guys rectums in the ER...

Well, I won't tell all, but the one that got me was a whole bottle of Dr. McGillicuddy's!!!! After it was surgically removed because it broke while the guy walked in with his wife complaining of a "hemroid", they could still read the label! :eek: :eek:

chefann said:
We need to plan a Chef Success baby shower.

That's all I'm sayin'. ;)
Duh! Now I get your comment about the road trip and a shower. I couldn't figure out why we'd need a shower...

Anne, I was waiting for your official answer but it definitly sounds likes congratulations are definitly in order. Also how is your coffee shop going?

BethCooks4U said:
Duh! Now I get your comment about the road trip and a shower. I couldn't figure out why we'd need a shower...

Yeah - I mean unless Ann has spies everywhere, how would she know if I need to shower today or not!

KG, gotta say read your post 3 times thinking I KNOW it's funny, Finally I got it blaming the slowness on the paint fumes

Good luck to all of you who are pregnant or are trying. I stopped after 3. I have a 15 year old ( from a previous marraige) and we have, a 1 and 2 year old. I had my tubes tied and don't regret it, but I know people who do. I love babies but I know what my limit is and god bless the people who want big families. I have alot of friends who are pregnant so I can get my baby fix that way. I have 2 close friends who are trying and really want a baby so I sympathize for you who are having problems conceiving.:angel:

merego said:
Good luck to all of you who are pregnant or are trying. I stopped after 3. I have a 15 year old ( from a previous marraige) and we have, a 1 and 2 year old. I had my tubes tied and don't regret it, but I know people who do. I love babies but I know what my limit is and god bless the people who want big families. I have alot of friends who are pregnant so I can get my baby fix that way. I have 2 close friends who are trying and really want a baby so I sympathize for you who are having problems conceiving.:angel:

1 is my limit!!!. I look up to the moms (and dads) that have many. :eek:

I have a 14 1/2 month old son and we had ben trying since july of last year and had nothing yet but in the same sence i had my adrenal glands off alittle bit and my hormone levels were to high ( at the same time) and my thyroid levals were low and got meds for it and ben on them for a month and last few days i have ben under the wether abit nassiated and a bad caugh. and not to expect a period in 2 weeks. so we will see what hapens. this morning it hurt abit but more in a deep pain and last time never had that so hoping and praying to have a girl this time. the first time it took us over 4 years to have one. i am hoping and praying this time it work. how des any one get it?

Anne M

Last edited:
Wonder what happened to Annie? She teases us horribly and leaves.....All I can say is she better have a really good excuse. Like maybe furniture shopping or picking out nursery designs and paint schemes. Maybe buying some new clothes.

Congrats Anne!

ANNE!!! Where did you go; how could you tease like that?
CONGRATULATIONS:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: There better be a due date posted when I check back again....;)

OK... Sorry about that, ladies and germs. I had to log off for a bit, and when I came back on, I had no notification that anyone had posted. So, I came back on to see if anyone had noticed. DUH!

So, yes, we are pregnant! Its pretty crazy. We are 17 weeks along. The first couple of months were scary. I had NO symptoms and my levels were coming back off. So, the doc was afraid I had had another miscarriage. You all know, we've been trying. Well, once we got close to opening, I gave up. See... sometimes quitters do win! LOL We find out the sex on April 9th. My psychic friend (I mentioned her on Paige's thread a long time ago) told me "Oh, and by the way, its a girl." So, we'll see...

Thanks so much for all of your kind words!

Oh, and about buying clothes... I still have all my fat clothes. I lost 45 pounds and was waiting to lose more before I got new duds... So, I will be OK for a little bit.

maybe we should place bets on the due date
winner gets free coffee :)

Teresa Lynn said:
KG, gotta say read your post 3 times thinking I KNOW it's funny, Finally I got it blaming the slowness on the paint fumes
A long time on the long joke?

Last edited:
Hmm... my SIL's nickname is Beanie. That would be a good nickname for Anne's little one. :)

CONGRATULATIONS ANNE!

What a blessing you have growing inside of you. There is nothing quite like it. I am so very happy for you and will continue to pray for you, your husband and your little one.

I was thinking cupcake or joe did she really think she could have this baby without our help????

on the clothes.... the proportions will be a little different you might want to go shopping :)

Teresa Lynn said:
did she really think she could have this baby without our help????
Of course not!

We'll have to have cards at Conference for everyone to sign.
That baby is going to have so many honorary Aunts and Uncles! :D

Thanks for coming back to see us!

Congratulations!

chefann said:
Of course not!

We'll have to have cards at Conference for everyone to sign.
That baby is going to have so many honorary Aunts and Uncles! :D
But we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, so how can I know if I'm an aunt or an uncle?

z0tdntknw.gif

Congrats, Anne!!!! That's SUCH great news!!! Figures when you get rolling with something else in your life, then it happens. How exciting for you!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
But we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, so how can I know if I'm an aunt or an uncle?

z0tdntknw.gif

<GROAN> Old pun...and 2/3 of one P-U! :D

AJPratt said:
OK... Sorry about that, ladies and germs. I had to log off for a bit, and when I came back on, I had no notification that anyone had posted. So, I came back on to see if anyone had noticed. DUH!

So, yes, we are pregnant! Its pretty crazy. We are 17 weeks along. The first couple of months were scary. I had NO symptoms and my levels were coming back off. So, the doc was afraid I had had another miscarriage. You all know, we've been trying. Well, once we got close to opening, I gave up. See... sometimes quitters do win! LOL We find out the sex on April 9th. My psychic friend (I mentioned her on Paige's thread a long time ago) told me "Oh, and by the way, its a girl." So, we'll see...

Thanks so much for all of your kind words!

Oh, and about buying clothes... I still have all my fat clothes. I lost 45 pounds and was waiting to lose more before I got new duds... So, I will be OK for a little bit.

OMG! :eek: I read the bolded sentence as "We found out it was the sex on April 9th" :blushing:

Congratulations!! Here's wishing you a wonderful pregnancy! :balloon:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

z0tdntknw.gif

Okay KG, you are going to make me go there. Next time you go to the restroom, if you stand facing the toilet, you are an Uncle. Of course, this only works for the tinkle!

BethCooks4U said:
OMG! :eek: I read the bolded sentence as "We found out it was the sex on April 9th" :blushing:

Congratulations!! Here's wishing you a wonderful pregnancy! :balloon:

Yeah, she would have been announcing the birth already...;)

I'll never forget the first time I was pregnant and as excited as I was it was still a little embarrassing to tell our families after all we were newlywedsThen when we found out it was a boy and shared my uncle who would have been in his 60's at the time and never had children (he is like a father to me) said I know I'm having an elephant I saw its trunk this morning!!It was the "raciest" thing I had ever heard him say and I still laugh when I think of it

Yahoooooooo!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Congrats

ChefLisa said:
Okay KG, you are going to make me go there. Next time you go to the restroom, if you stand facing the toilet, you are an Uncle. Of course, this only works for the tinkle!
I am NOT going to dignify this with a reply.

Come to think of it, it wouldn't be very dignified, anyway.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I am NOT going to dignify this with a reply.

Come to think of it, it wouldn't be very dignified, anyway.

Funny story...One of my daughters told me she tried to face the wall and it did not go well. Hmmm....I wonder why?

Last edited:
Teresa Lynn said:
on the clothes.... the proportions will be a little different you might want to go shopping :)
Oh, yeah... I probably will be shortly. But the funny thing is that people who haven't seen me tell me how great I look, how much weight I've lost, and here I am 4 almost 5 months preggo. I haven't gained anything yet, but I know I will. Mainly because I have stuck to my nutritionist's plan for the most part, barring the occaisional cinnamon bun. LOL Plus, someone told me that overweight people don't show as much or gain the same way. I dunno. I just want me and little Beanie to be healthy and safe.

Oh! You used my nickname. :D Now you need a maternity top with "Beanie" and an arrow (and a picture of a coffee bean) to wear at work.

CONGRATS ANNE!!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_2_126.gif

I am truly happy for you and DH! What an exciting year you guys have had!

chefann said:
Oh! You used my nickname. :D Now you need a maternity top with "Beanie" and an arrow (and a picture of a coffee bean) to wear at work.

That would be way too cute!!!

chefann said:
beanie.gif

Last edited:
KG: Always right on time with the punch line!

Anne-What size t-shirt do you wear? I have a lead on something... ;)

Anne, I am SO happy for both of you. I know it's been such a struggle. I still remember feeling guilty when I popped up pregnant with Asa, thinking about how hard y'all had been trying.

I will be praying for you and your little "Beanie"! Asa just turned one on the ninth, which I absolutely cannot believe! The time goes by so fast, even when it seems to stand still...hubby will be home in 4 months. It feels so good to be on the last third of this year!!!

Congratulations![Congratulations Anne[]!:thumbup:

Congratulations Anne!! Wish you the best..:) :) :)

AJPratt said:
Oh, yeah... I probably will be shortly. But the funny thing is that people who haven't seen me tell me how great I look, how much weight I've lost, and here I am 4 almost 5 months preggo. I haven't gained anything yet, but I know I will. Mainly because I have stuck to my nutritionist's plan for the most part, barring the occaisional cinnamon bun. LOL Plus, someone told me that overweight people don't show as much or gain the same way. I dunno. I just want me and little Beanie to be healthy and safe.

This is great news! Congratulations! How many weeks are you? I bet we are pretty similar. I'm 4 months as well. My due date is August 29th. It would be neat to have someone at the same point to chit chat with!

Anne--Congrats!!! I remember when you started this thread & I'm so glad you now have great news to post! I'm so happy for you!

bandc.gif

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Image doesn't show up KG????

On a side note, they are showing how they make coffee cups on the Discovery Channel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rchamelin
  • cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tropicalburstqt2