• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Affordable Child Labor: Pricing for My 8-Year-Old Neighbor's Stamping Services

In summary, the 8 y/o neighbor is going to stamp catalogs and paperwork for me this afternoon for $5.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I'm hiring my 8 y/o neighbor to stamp catalogs and paperwork for me this afternoon. I figure there's about 250 items that need to be stamped.

How much should I pay her?

how about a $5 gift card to her/his favorite ice cream place??

Ice cream sounds good right about now - LOL!

I was planning to pay her in cash, they are going to Disney next month and she'll need it.

I would pay $5 with maybe a $2 tip if she did a great job! I always give my kids a tip when they do a great job and that seems to inspire them to do a great job the next time they stamp stuff for me.

do they still sell Disney dollars at the Disney Store?? If so, you could get her some of those....if not, cold hard cash is good!

chefruthie said:
I would pay $5 with maybe a $2 tip if she did a great job! I always give my kids a tip when they do a great job and that seems to inspire them to do a great job the next time they stamp stuff for me.

Perfect! I was thinking $5 wasn't quite enough and $10 was too much - this is just right - thanks!

pamperedlinda said:
Perfect! I was thinking $5 wasn't quite enough and $10 was too much - this is just right - thanks!

My pleasure! You could also tell her that if she does a good job that she could have a "part time job" when you have a lot of items that need to be stamped. That will make her feel very important. I have 3 daughters, 24, 23 and 16. They loved to stamp and always did it very neatly.

Now I feel bad that I don't give my daugher anything and she helps me a lot and has a great attitude about it. My son on the other hand gets $5 for each car he washes. My husband taught him how to do everything including the interior, vacuum, rims etc. I'm going to surprise her next time she does my stamping and lap boards. :)

Can I borrow someone's kid? :p

take mine....really! did you see my thread on CS about not wanting to be the mommy anymore???!!! Today was a better day~they were told when they got up that if the behavior wasn't improved today there would be no TV for 2 days. I also had them help me in the grocery store and they made dinner!

I have never paid the kids to help with PC things~not sure if I should. They do still seem to enjoy stamping and sorting, so if there are no complaints, I'll stick with the free labor!

chefmeg said:
take mine....really! did you see my thread on CS about not wanting to be the mommy anymore???!!! Today was a better day~they were told when they got up that if the behavior wasn't improved today there would be no TV for 2 days. I also had them help me in the grocery store and they made dinner!

I have never paid the kids to help with PC things~not sure if I should. They do still seem to enjoy stamping and sorting, so if there are no complaints, I'll stick with the free labor!

Good point!

Addie4TLC said:
My son on the other hand gets $5 for each car he washes. My husband taught him how to do everything including the interior, vacuum, rims etc.

Where do you live? I'll bring my car by :)

ChefLoriG said:
Where do you live? I'll bring my car by :)

LOL California. He does our cars (3), his grandparents (3), aunts and uncles (3). My daughter and him even made a poster, so cute. He will be 12 next month, he started about two months ago and is still enjoying it.

Here's why I pay my kids. I figure I have to give them money for most of their "stuff" anyway. I figure it is better if they "earn" the money to buy their "stuff". I get all my things stamped, sorted, my bags taken out to my car and brought in, dirty dishes put in the dishwasher and unloded from the dishwasher, etc. My 16 year old DD goes to my shows with me sometimes too and I pay her for that. We have a great time together, she learns about owning her own business, meets great people and helps out during the demo and checkout. So many repeat guests will ask "Where's Catie?" if I don't bring her along to the next show they are at. So I pay DD and DS to do this stuff and I get to write it off on my expenses. It's a win-win for all of us!!

I wish my DS could stamp my catalogs...he's 4 1/2 and very crazy.

DebbieJ said:
I wish my DS could stamp my catalogs...he's 4 1/2 and very crazy.

Very crazy?!! :) That's funny Deb!!!:D

Related to Affordable Child Labor: Pricing for My 8-Year-Old Neighbor's Stamping Services

1. What is "Affordable Child Labor" and how does it relate to Pampered Chef?

"Affordable Child Labor" is a term used to describe the pricing for services provided by young children, typically under the age of 12, in exchange for money or goods. This topic has been a controversial issue, as it raises concerns about child labor laws and ethical practices. As a company, Pampered Chef does not condone or support the use of child labor in any form.

2. Is it legal to pay a child for their services?

The legality of paying a child for their services varies depending on the location and specific laws in place. In most cases, children under the age of 14 are not legally allowed to work, with a few exceptions such as delivering newspapers or working in a family business. It is important to research and adhere to local laws and regulations when considering hiring a child for any type of service.

3. How should I determine a fair price for my 8-year-old neighbor's stamping services?

When determining a fair price for a child's services, it is important to consider the time and effort they are putting into the task, as well as the value of the goods or services they are providing. It is also important to keep in mind that children may not have the same level of skill or experience as an adult, so the price should reflect that. It is always best to discuss and agree upon a price with the child and their parents beforehand.

4. What are some alternatives to using "Affordable Child Labor" for my stamping needs?

Instead of using a child's services for stamping, there are many other options available. You can purchase pre-made stamps or stamping kits, hire an adult with experience in stamping, or even take a stamping class to learn how to do it yourself. These alternatives not only support ethical practices but also ensure a higher quality of work.

5. What is Pampered Chef doing to address the issue of "Affordable Child Labor"?

As a company, Pampered Chef is committed to ethical practices and does not support or condone the use of child labor in any form. We have strict policies in place to ensure that our products and services are produced and provided in an ethical manner. We also encourage our customers to do their research and make responsible choices when it comes to hiring for services, especially when children are involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • chefamanda
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
stephaniekocala
  • ChefCKHall