• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

About the Warranties on Stoneware

Soaps and detergents work to actually form a bond with fats and oils. On our stoneware, fats and oils are part of the seasoning process, so when you try to rinse the soap away, it has actually bonded to the surface seasoning, making it difficult to remove. A soap taste may then exist during your next few uses. Garlic, onion, fish, etc. are natural food products and do not adhere to the stone. You can literally make fish for dinner, rinse your cooled stone with hot water, scraping off the food particles and then make cookies for dessert!
jessica_momof6
Silver Member
does improper use of the stone make the warranty invalid?

I am on a parenting message board and there is a thread discussing washing your stones in the dishwasher WITH SOAP and washing them by hand with soap.
I have tried to tell them that it is not a good idea, but then there are a bunch of girls saying "I do it all the time and my stone is fine!"

But wouldn't that invalidate their warranty when it does in fact break?

I now wash all of mine in soap. When washing it with soap, it does wash some of the seasoning off but other than that everything is fine. In the use & care on the pc site, it only says you have to hand wash. It never says anything about not washing with soap. If they have washed it in the dishwasher they are voiding the warranty but not with washing it with soap. HTH

tiffanypc05 said:
I now wash all of mine in soap. When washing it with soap, it does wash some of the seasoning off but other than that everything is fine. In the use & care on the pc site, it only says you have to hand wash. It never says anything about not washing with soap. If they have washed it in the dishwasher they are voiding the warranty but not with washing it with soap. HTH

is there somewhere to read this for sure?

on the PC site, under product information it does say to only handwash

on the use and care it says:

As soap can flavor foods that are baked in Stoneware, it is important that you do not use soap or detergents to clean your Stoneware or wash in an automatic dishwasher using dishwasher detergent. Follow these steps for cleaning

thanks!

I thought the problem was that the soap will adhere to the oils (that's how soap works) that make up the seasoning on the stone, and then impart a soapy taste to your food. I had a customer tell me her fiance had washed hers with soap and ruined them.

a recruit of mine had a stone but not a pc stone and washed hers with soap and it did taste like soap but I've been washing mine with soap for the last 6 months and have never tasted any sort of soapy taste. The soap takes the seasoning off of my stone if I scrub real hard. I found the info I gave you on the pc site under product information. I agree with only handwashing as that's what it says. If it was to break in the dishwasher I wouldn't take it back but if it just broke and it's still within the 3 yr warranty I'd send it back. I'm going to go by what's on the pc site b/c I don't have a use and care card in front of me. The soaps not going to cause it to break anyway so that shouldn't even be a worry.

Why does soap leave a flavor, but garlic and fish don't?

Soaps and detergents work to actually form a bond with fats and oils. On our stoneware, fats and oils are part of the seasoning process, so when you try to rinse the soap away, it has actually bonded to the surface seasoning, making it difficult to remove. A soap taste may then exist during your next few uses. Garlic, onion, fish, etc. are natural food products and do not adhere to the stone. You can literally make fish for dinner, rinse your cooled stone with hot water, scraping off the food particles and then make cookies for dessert!

1. What is the warranty on Pampered Chef stoneware?

The Pampered Chef stoneware comes with a limited 3-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship. This means that if your stoneware cracks, breaks, or chips during normal household use within 3 years from the date of purchase, it will be replaced at no cost to you.

2. How do I register my stoneware for the warranty?

There is no need to register your stoneware for the warranty. As long as you have proof of purchase, such as a receipt or order confirmation, your stoneware will be covered under the warranty.

3. What is not covered under the stoneware warranty?

The warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, accidents, or improper care. This includes using metal utensils, exposing the stoneware to extreme temperature changes, and placing it directly on a stovetop or grill.

4. Can I return my stoneware for a refund if it breaks within the warranty period?

No, the warranty only covers replacement of the stoneware. If your stoneware breaks within the warranty period, you will receive a replacement of the same or similar item.

5. Is the warranty transferable?

No, the warranty is only valid for the original purchaser of the stoneware. It cannot be transferred to another person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Hunter Mom
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • lisasfuncooking