• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You Just Can't Make up Stuff Like This!

In summary, billionaire Ken Hendricks, founder and CEO of ABC Supply, died at the age of 66 after falling from his roof while checking on construction. He was taken to a hospital in Beloit and then transferred to Rockford Memorial where he passed away. Hendricks was known for building his roofing business from the ground up and becoming the 93rd richest man in the world. The irony of a roofer falling off a roof is not lost on many.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Billionaire dies in fall from roof

Link: WISN News/Talk1130

News/Talk Radio 1130 said:
Ken Hendricks, who made his fortune in the roofing industry, has died in a fall from his roof.
Friday, December 21, 2007

KEN HENDRICKS, A ROOFING COMPANY BILLIONAIRE, HAS DIED AFTER FALLING FROM HIS ROOF IN BELOIT. THE ROCK COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT SAYS THE 66-YEAR OLD HENDRICKS WAS CHECKING ON CONSTRUCTION ON HIS ROOF LAST NIGHT WHEN HE FELL THROUGH. HE WAS FIRST TAKEN TO A BELOT HOSPITAL BUT THEN TRANSFERED TO ROCKFORD MEMORIAL IN WINNEBAGO WHERE HE DIED. HENDRICKS WAS THE FOUNDER AND CEO OF ABC SUPPLY, WHICH DOES ABOUT 3-BILLION IN BUSINESS A YEAR.

At least, he didn't die of complications from http://www.google.com/search?q=shingles&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a.

Oh, sad in a way...very ironic......and nice pun KG. ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!

At least he died when he was on top.<snort>

Hall of Fame receiver for the Green Bay Packers, Max McGee (he also caught the first touchdown pass in Superbowl history) also died when he fell off his roof.I guess old farts just ought to stay off the roof.

Stay off the roof KG! Well, maybe your "big feet" will balance you...or throw you off balance...Giggle-giggle-snort...

OK- there's WAY too many cross-post references in that! It is so obvious that nobody is doing any work today, and we're all a little slap-happy.
(I'm at home - they let us go around 1:30. :) As if anyone did any productive work today. )

Well, I'm doing some work, but my choices became:1. configure two new servers
2. do something elseKnowing I couldn't accomplish all of #1 on a day like this, it is #2.Check out my Humor thread in the lounge for an idea of what we're doing today at work...besides eating pizza our boss bought of course...and the choc. cranberry crunch bark I made last night.

janetupnorth said:
Well, I'm doing some work, but my choices became:

1. configure two new servers
2. do something else

Knowing I couldn't accomplish all of #1 on a day like this, it is #2.

Check out my Humor thread in the lounge for an idea of what we're doing today at work...besides eating pizza our boss bought of course...and the choc. cranberry crunch bark I made last night.

So Janet, does "do something else" mean "post nonsense on CS?" :D :D :D

I shouldn't be so flip - Ken Hendricks built his business from nuthin' and in about 25 years, became the 93rd richest man in the world. His business is like the Wal-Mart of roofing supplies except his business wholesales to the trades.It's an amazing Only-In-America story but the irony of a roofer falling off a roof is amazing.

ChefBeckyD said:
So Janet, does "do something else" mean "post nonsense on Chef Success?" :D :D :D

Yup, in between fixing stuff...didn't you notice I was gone for quite awhile this afternoon - actually did some REAL work! :) I'd feel guilty if I didn't earn my keep today!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I shouldn't be so flip - Ken Hendricks built his business from nuthin' and in about 25 years, became the 93rd richest man in the world. His business is like the Wal-Mart of roofing supplies except his business wholesales to the trades.

It's an amazing Only-In-America story but the irony of a roofer falling off a roof is amazing.

He did have an amazing story...kind of ironic how life comes crashing down on you sometimes...

1. What is "You Just Can't Make up Stuff Like This!" about?

"You Just Can't Make up Stuff Like This!" is a humorous cookbook filled with real-life kitchen mishaps, funny anecdotes, and tasty recipes. It celebrates the chaos and imperfections of cooking, reminding us to have fun in the kitchen and not take ourselves too seriously.

2. Who is the author of "You Just Can't Make up Stuff Like This!"?

The author of "You Just Can't Make up Stuff Like This!" is renowned chef and cookbook author, Pampered Chef founder, and Food Network personality, Doris Christopher. Her wit and charm shine through in this entertaining cookbook.

3. Are the recipes in "You Just Can't Make up Stuff Like This!" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "You Just Can't Make up Stuff Like This!" are designed to be easy and approachable for all skill levels. They are written in a clear and concise manner, with step-by-step instructions and helpful tips from the author.

4. Can I find ingredients for the recipes in "You Just Can't Make up Stuff Like This!" at my local grocery store?

Most of the ingredients in "You Just Can't Make up Stuff Like This!" can be found at your local grocery store. However, there are a few specialty ingredients that may require a trip to a specialty store or online purchase. The author also provides substitutions for hard-to-find ingredients.

5. Is "You Just Can't Make up Stuff Like This!" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "You Just Can't Make up Stuff Like This!" is suitable for all ages. The book contains family-friendly recipes and is appropriate for children and adults alike. The humorous anecdotes and relatable kitchen mishaps will entertain readers of all ages.

Back