• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yikes - What a Reminder I Have No Career in Television!

In summary, Janet won the Emergency Response Hero award for her role in saving a young boy's life. She was interviewed for a television clip, and looked great without makeup.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So, I've been on the committee for our local Red Cross Heroes Banquet for the past 9 months.

Well, our Chief of our local Fire Department won the Emergency Response Hero award. Well, I don't really get much warning, but they interviewed me for the TV clip of it...

So, here is my no make-up, wearing black, television debut...

http://www.wjfw.com/video_center.html?mainvideo=EmergencyResponseHeroPKG.flv&action=display

Click on Volunteer from Newbold to see the clip.

They interviewed us each for about 10 minutes and just used a couple of statements.

Watch out Hollywood!!

Hey! It was fun to see you! Great story, too.

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey! It was fun to see you! Great story, too.

It was hard to do in a way because the girl kept pushing us for more details and we just couldn't give them due to it being a medical call.

I think in the end she did a great job putting together a story with what she had.

That was cool. Thank you for sharing, and what a great story!

How cool Janet!! you look much MUCh better than I do without makeup! You look GREAT!!!:D

PampMomof3 said:
How cool Janet!! you look much MUCh better than I do without makeup! You look GREAT!!!:D

I hope you're not mixing me up with the blond on the back of the Engine - she is the reporter WITH make-up on. ;)

I guess we are our own worse critics - I usually HATE cameras unless I'm behind them.

That's funny Janet! I know who you are! I met you last year at National!! Remember?:balloon:

Thanks for sharing, great story! and interview!

Janet you look great! I wish I looked like that with makeup on. :)

PampMomof3 said:
That's funny Janet! I know who you are! I met you last year at National!! Remember?:balloon:

Yup, didn't forget! ....as I was cheering for you walking as a new Director!!!! (...and trying to get you that Paige ribbon you already got)

How cool - you look GREAT!!
I need to get your autograph now!

Very cute!

You looked great - wish I did w/out make-up!

Janet I think you look really good.

:cry: ok - am I the only one having a problem with this link - I went thru aol and internet explorer - both cut out at 40 seconds!!!:cry: :cry:

I wanna see my pal Janet!!!:cry:

Janet~
You looked great!! I think we're all too hard on ourselves!!

You look perfect without make-up!! And you also look about 15!!

Doreen--Can't seem to watch more than that here either. Of course I have issues with many things on my computer!! But I don't like to complain because some helpful person around here may try to "FIX" it and then I wouldn't have a computer for weeks!!

janetupnorth said:
So, I've been on the committee for our local Red Cross Heroes Banquet for the past 9 months.

Well, our Chief of our local Fire Department won the Emergency Response Hero award. Well, I don't really get much warning, but they interviewed me for the TV clip of it...

http://www.wjfw.com/video_center.html?mainvideo=EmergencyResponseHeroPKG.flv&action=display

They interviewed us each for about 10 minutes and just used a couple of statements.

Don't forget... the blond probably had someone doing her makeup and hair and wardrobe BEFORE she came to interview you guys.

But... I still think you look great... heck, you look better with no makeup than I do with it!

You look GREAT!! Now I'll know who to look for at conference....How come they didn't say your name at all......:(

I can see the video but can't get any audio no matter what I do.

Janet, I think you looked great, make-up or no make-up.

Janet, you look great! What a great story! Thanks for sharing.

You did great Janet. And you look just fine without make-up. If I looked that good without it, I wouldn't wear it at all.
I have the worlds worst news clip of myself last year. The reporter asked me and a friend a few questions. Then when they aired it, they mixed it up and made me sound like a dummy

Way to go! You looked great, don't be so hard on yourself.

Ginger428 said:
You look GREAT!! Now I'll know who to look for at conference....How come they didn't say your name at all......:(

They say our names in the written article on the main page of the website. This was about Chief, not about me.

I think when they air it tonight on TV they will have the banner with names - I'll know when I see it at 10 p.m.

PamperedDor said:
:cry: ok - am I the only one having a problem with this link - I went thru aol and internet explorer - both cut out at 40 seconds!!!:cry: :cry:

I wanna see my pal Janet!!!:cry:

I'll have to see if I can download it at all...it is about 2-2 1/2 min. long.

daniellemorgan said:
You look perfect without make-up!! And you also look about 15!!

Thanks for the laugh Danielle! 15 was 20 years ago!

Of course when I had Sammie at age 28, and DH was parking the car, they asked if my mom was there to sign the paperwork for admission. I said, "It would be kind of hard to get her signature, she lives 300 miles away. Besides, she has no say in my medical care." The nurse was a bit embarrassed when she saw my date of birth!

I always get that I look younger than my age...not as much anymore...

Great story! You did great!!!

janetupnorth said:

There is no way I would have pegged you for 35 in that clip! I might not have gone as low as 15...18 maybe, but not 35! ;)
You have definitely been blessed with youthful looks!

Your clip is great as well!
leggy

You look great! Now I need to get your autograph when we see each other in July!

Thanks for sharing. It's fun to see you in "real life". KWIM?

1. How did you get involved with the Red Cross Heroes Banquet committee?

I have always been passionate about volunteering and giving back to my community. When I found out about the Red Cross Heroes Banquet, I knew I wanted to be a part of it. I reached out to the local chapter and was invited to join the committee.

2. What is the purpose of the Red Cross Heroes Banquet?

The Red Cross Heroes Banquet is an annual event that honors individuals and organizations who have made significant contributions in emergency response, disaster relief, and community service. It also serves as a fundraiser for the Red Cross to continue their lifesaving mission.

3. Can you tell us about your role on the committee?

As a committee member, I help with planning and organizing the banquet. This includes securing sponsors, promoting the event, and coordinating with honorees and keynote speakers. I also assist with logistics on the day of the banquet.

4. How does it feel to have the Chief of the local Fire Department win the Emergency Response Hero award?

It is truly an honor to have the Chief of our local Fire Department receive this recognition. He and his team work tirelessly to keep our community safe, and it's wonderful to see them being appreciated and celebrated.

5. What was your experience like being interviewed for the television clip?

I have to admit, I was a little nervous about being on television. However, the interviewer made me feel comfortable and the whole experience was exciting. It's always great to have the opportunity to share about the amazing work of the Red Cross and our local heroes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
raebates
Back