• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Success! Mac Users Can Now Download P3 Update

In summary, the new features in this version of P3 are: the addition of PamperedPartner Plus for Mac and Windows, the ability to have Shows set up on your personal web site, and the ability to create Shows on your personal web site automatically when you sync with your host.
W00T!!!! I am soooo happy! Mine has just been installed :)) Wahoo!

Okay, now if we can get P3 (period) in Canada, I would be happy! And, if we get it for Macs....oh boy, I will definitely be investing in a MacBook!!!! :D

I had an order come through my PWS for tomorrow's show, and it was SOOOOO nice not to have to start up Parallels to pull it in to P3.

I ordered my new macbook on Sunday. I couldn't stand hearing about you guys submitting shows on your Macs!! I can't hardly wait!!!!!!!

Hi Mac users,

I am thinking about getting a new computer, and I was wondering if you could tell me what are the advantages to the Mac versus the PC? I have one grandson telling me to get a Mac mini and another one telling me not to get a mac. I just got a nasty virus on my PC and would like to know if it is true that you don't get viruses on the Mac. Any info you could tell me would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Dianne

Well... I've been having my Mac for 2 years now and its still working great! NEVER had a virus or anything (i don't have any kind of virus protection either)... still pretty fast too.

Dianneskitchen said:
Hi Mac users,

I am thinking about getting a new computer, and I was wondering if you could tell me what are the advantages to the Mac versus the PC? I have one grandson telling me to get a Mac mini and another one telling me not to get a mac. I just got a nasty virus on my PC and would like to know if it is true that you don't get viruses on the Mac. Any info you could tell me would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Dianne

The virus thing is because a majority of the viruses are programmed for PC's not Mac's. I personally thing they are easier to use and don't have as many problems as PC's.

I love my Mac... my husband has a mac book and then we have a mac as our desktop too. The desktop takes up very little room because the whole computer is the monitor... that's all. Just attach your keyboard and mouse and that's it. I still have a PC laptop and get so mad sometimes because it's really slow and takes forever to turn on... with my mac and my husbands macbook their quick and you never have to worry about stuff not working. I love how easy it is to use too. It took a little getting used to little things, but I LOVE IT!!!! I plan on getting a Macbook Air for my PC use. It's really light weight and would be great to bring to shows.Now that P3 is available for Macs there's no need to have a PC anymore.Hope this helps.

I've had my MAC for a year and LOVE IT!!! I will NEVER go back to anything else. It's as fast as the first day I bought it. I love all the programs it comes with and it's easy as heck to use... Oh, and no virus either and I don't have any virus protection on it. It's just not necessary on a MAC. Make the switch and you will never go back. Time to download the P3 for my MAC! YAY!!!

Well, by asking in this thread, you're going to get responses from all the people who think you should get a Mac. As much as we gush about their ease of use, etc., there are a couple of drawbacks. They're not major, unless they relate to your interests. There aren't as many current hard-core games available for Macs as PCs. And some web sites that use WMV format movies won't work on a Mac (supposedly there are converters to convert .wmv movies to QuickTime format, but I haven't been successful in getting them to work).They do come with all the software you'll need for day to day tasks, and other software is available free on the web for the rest of it (Open Office is an open source equivalent to Office, and can be downloaded free at openoffice.org). I've been using Macs since college (1990! & bought my first one in 1997) and am very happy with them.

My boyfriend has a Macbook pro 17inch and I just got mine Mac Book Pro 15inch. I absolutely love it. Haven't down loaded PP yet. I have that on my work computer and just input everything when I get them. I am leary about bringing my mac to shows. I don't want it scratched or ruined. I am very protective over it...LOL. Love it though. Takes some time to get use to the features, but once you do, no turning back. I got a macbook pro for dummies and I learned so many little things that helped me out alot. Love it.

Thanks everyone. I have been leaning towards a mac for a while, and after getting this last virus, (even with up to date virus protection) I think I am sold. Thanks again.

ChefAnn-
What's the e-mail for Tech Support so we can thank them?
I too was jumping up and down when I found out - I even called my mom, sister and a few friends to tell them the good news (like they cared). None of my PC friends up here are Mac users. My husband, surprisingly, thought it was pretty cool (this is surprising because he could care less about Pampered Chef - almost typed PC there, but that would be confusing on this thread). He's a massive Mac guy and has converted my entire family, his entire family, and his office. He should definitely get some commission from Apple :)
That would definitely be awesome if they got the tasks to sync with iCal and in turn with our iPhones...but hey, we can dream!

Okay - totally forgot to mention a problem I'm having - when I try to sync with my PWS, it gets to the sync shows section and gets an error. If I click Finish, it all shows up, but I keep getting that error message that says I need to restart and try again. Weird.

Some other people were having problems syncing shows with PWS and apparently Tech is aware of the problem. There will be an update in January that will fix it. I don't recall the email address for Tech Support - it's on CC with the other "Contact HO" addresses.

Okay, I was having problems with my Vista Laptop today ---which I purchased specifically for P3 because I am a diehard mac fan --- and imagine my excitement when I saw this thread!

Thanks for the heads up everyone! I've been in school for the last 15 months and am rededicating myself to my PC business in January and having P3 on my mac is going to be a GREAT way to do it!!!

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

I've had serious issues with trying to install P3 on my mac. It all was downloaded but I cant open the program. When opening a message pops up that reads the following:

A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run PamperedPartnerPlus.

No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations:
/Systems/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.frameworks/Versions/1.5.0/Commands/java

I got on Mac site and downloaded the Java software that PP3 requires and its on the desktop but it wont let me place it in these action folders.

I NEED HELP, THIS IS MY ONLY COMPUTER AND I HAVE STOPPED BUSINESS LAST COUPLE MONTHS DUE TO COMPUTER ISSUES AND FAIRLY NEW TO THIS, BUT I REALLY NEED THIS DILEMNA SOLVED. I GOTTA START BOOKING SHOWS AND HAVE WAYS TO TURN EM IN!:cry:

Please any suggestions greatly appreciated!:D

<H2>1. What is P3 and why do I need to update it?</H2><p>P3 is the software used by Pampered Chef consultants to manage their businesses. The update is important because it includes bug fixes and new features that can improve your experience and make your business run more smoothly.</p><H2>2. How do I download the P3 update on my Mac?</H2><p>To download the P3 update on your Mac, go to the CC website and click on the "manual update" link. From there, you will see a "Download P3 for Mac" link that will allow you to download the update. Make sure to backup your system and P3 before installing the update.</p><H2>3. Is the P3 update available for all Mac users?</H2><p>Yes, the P3 update is now available for all Mac users. Make sure to check the system requirements before downloading the update to ensure compatibility.</p><H2>4. How big is the P3 update for Mac?</H2><p>The P3 update for Mac is approximately 8.1 MB, but it may be larger depending on your computer's specifications and the version of P3 you are currently using.</p><H2>5. What should I do after I download the P3 update for Mac?</H2><p>After downloading the P3 update for Mac, it is recommended to backup both your system and P3 before installing the update. This will ensure that you have a backup in case of any issues during the installation process.</p>

1. What is P3 and why do I need to update it?

P3 is the software used by Pampered Chef consultants to manage their businesses. The update is important because it includes bug fixes and new features that can improve your experience and make your business run more smoothly.

2. How do I download the P3 update on my Mac?

To download the P3 update on your Mac, go to the CC website and click on the "manual update" link. From there, you will see a "Download P3 for Mac" link that will allow you to download the update. Make sure to backup your system and P3 before installing the update.

3. Is the P3 update available for all Mac users?

Yes, the P3 update is now available for all Mac users. Make sure to check the system requirements before downloading the update to ensure compatibility.

4. How big is the P3 update for Mac?

The P3 update for Mac is approximately 8.1 MB, but it may be larger depending on your computer's specifications and the version of P3 you are currently using.

5. What should I do after I download the P3 update for Mac?

After downloading the P3 update for Mac, it is recommended to backup both your system and P3 before installing the update. This will ensure that you have a backup in case of any issues during the installation process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • chefann