• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Woman Shoots Herself While Trying to Kill Mice

In summary, a Mendocino county woman was trying to kill mice with a gun, but dropped the gun and it went off, shooting her and another person.
ChefLisa
POTTER VALLEY, Calif. — A Mendocino County woman who was trying to kill mice in her trailer with a gun ended up shooting herself and another person.

The 43-year-old woman pulled out her .44-caliber Magnum revolver after she saw the mice scurrying across the floor of her trailer on Highway 20 in Potter Valley, sheriff's officials said.

But she accidentally dropped the gun, which went off as it struck the floor. The bullet went through the woman's kneecap, bounced off the keys sitting on the belt loop of a 42-year-old man in the trailer and grazed the man's groin before ending up in his coin pocket.

Authorities did not release the shooting victims' names.

The mice escaped the shooting unharmed.

From Fox News

OMG...it would be funny if it wasn't so STUPID!

That's like my neighbor next door who was shooting a BOW AND ARROW to kill a squirrel....in our neighborhood with ELEVEN houses on a dead end. The wind caught the arrow, and it ended up in the back quarter of a Camero down the street...just missing the gas tank. (BTW- if the wind hadn't have caught it, it could have hit A HOUSE!!)

Funny how being an adult doesn't make you have common sense!

Just further proof that the gene pool doesn't have a lifeguard. And there are far too many people swimming in the shallow end. :rolleyes:

chefann said:
Just further proof that the gene pool doesn't have a lifeguard. And there are far too many people swimming in the shallow end. :rolleyes:

Oh Ann, that is one of my favorite "lifeguard" sayings!!!!

dang! "You might be a redneck if......" totally fits this situation!

Yes, one less dumb person to breed is probably a good thing! "In the olden days" people like this would have been weeded out but today we just keep them around for laughs!

I saw a mouse and I just called the exterminator. :)

ChefLisa said:
The 43-year-old woman pulled out her .44-caliber Magnum revolver after she saw the mice scurrying across the floor of her trailer on Highway 20 in Potter Valley, sheriff's officials said.

First clue . . . . geezzzzzzzzzz

Kitchen2u said:
First clue . . . . geezzzzzzzzzz

Ha, ha..... were are bad :)

Sounds like a candidate for the Darwin Awards.

And the begining of the movie Ratatouille!

This just goes to prove my DH theroy about how one day our world is going to only have stupid people, b/c they will have overrun the smart people population....Scary!

lol--Mice make you CRAZY---I had my husband try to vacuum it out of our cubby--Until later we made a ramp and captured it in a 5 gallon bucket---

This post reminded me of the show verminators. This lady called the exterminator to kill the mice that were in her house and when the monster trap did not kill the mouse the lady was so upset when he went in to shoot the thing. She was almost in tears.

ChefLisa said:
The mice escaped the shooting unharmed.From Fox News

That is too funny:)

Reminds me of a neighbour who was shooting rats in his barn and ended up shooting through the wall to the outside and shooting and killing his dog!!

PChefPEI said:
Reminds me of a neighbour who was shooting rats in his barn and ended up shooting through the wall to the outside and shooting and killing his dog!!

OMG that's terrible:(

I shouldn't even be reading this, but I just had to read the story. One more story for the anti gun people! Now, off to get ready for conference.

katie0128 said:
Sounds like a candidate for the Darwin Awards.

And the begining of the movie Ratatouille!

She didn't qualify for the Darwin awards - she survived.

mouse.gif

Somewhere in Potter Valley there is a mouse that is laughing his little tail off. Thanks for the laugh!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
She didn't qualify for the Darwin awards - she survived.

She can always try again another time!

She was shooting mice with a 44 Magnum? Was she drunk?

Does it really matter? Who shoots at mice with any type of firearm IN THE HOUSE???

drunk people

Well I'm just glad they didn't have children in the house. For goodness sake, this lady sounds nuts and might have used the mouse as an excuse to shoot this guy, only she shot herself too!! LOL

"Oh look honey a mouse, I'll get the gun! By the way who was that you were on the phone with last night?" "OUCH!!!"

Good thing there wasn't an ax lying around too!

Heee Heee

Debbie :D

She must be related to the man who was trying to mount his home stereo system, he needed to make a whole in the wall, could find his hammer or drill so got out his shotgun and blew a hole into the wall...... He is now, I believe serving life in prison.... His wife was on the other side of the wall reading.....

scary

WOW...when I was younger I used to have a sticker on my car that read "Stupid People Shouldn't Breed"....I think that fits.

I THOUGHT THEY ONLY DID THIS IN WEST VIRGINIA & ALABAMA?

MA & PA's PEST CONTROL SERVICE
"Takin' 'em out - one shot at a time!"

dessertdivafl said:
ma & Pa's Pest Control Service
"takin' 'em Out - One Shot At A Time!"

Roflol!!!!!

I think Forest Gump said it best: "Stupid is as stupid does!"

Stupid doesn't seem confined to WV and Alabama.....it's everywhere!

One of my favorite sayings is: "No since being stupid if you can't show it"

1. How did the woman end up shooting herself and another person?

The woman accidentally dropped her .44-caliber Magnum revolver while trying to kill mice in her trailer. The gun went off as it struck the floor, causing a bullet to hit her kneecap and ricochet around the trailer, ultimately grazing a man's groin.

2. Where did this incident occur?

The incident took place in a trailer on Highway 20 in Potter Valley, Mendocino County, California.

3. Was the gun legally owned?

The article does not mention whether the gun was legally owned or not.

4. Were the shooting victims seriously injured?

It is not specified in the article, but it seems that the injuries were not life-threatening as the victims' names were not released and the mice escaped unharmed.

5. Did the woman have any intention of harming the other person?

No, it appears that the woman was simply trying to kill mice and the shooting was accidental. There is no mention of any intent to harm the other person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Back