• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why You Need to Backup Your Ppp Data

P3 isn't letting you import files? When you first install it, it should ask you to import your old data ( from 16.0) ....that is the only time that you can do it. If you missed that step, you will have to reinstall it and import at that time. Then once you are in P3, you can backup & restore that data, but note that the file format is different then the past 16.0 backups, and you can't go back to 16.0. Does that help?Yes, that does help a lot! Thanks!
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
THE BACKUP SONG (To be sung to the tune of Yesterday - The Beatles)

Yesterday,
All those backups seemed a waste of day
Now my database has gone away
Oh I believe in yesterday

Suddenly,
There's not half the files there used to be
And there's a deadline
Hanging over me
The system crashed so suddenly.

I pushed something wrong
What it was I could not say
Now my data's gone
and I long for yesterday-ay-ay-ay.

Yesterday,
The need for back-ups seemed so far away.
Thought all my data was here to stay,
Now I believe in yesterday.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.....I can even hear them singing it!

That is really funny KG!!!;) :p

So sorry KG, but very cute rendition of the song!

That is great KG!

Was this perchance inspired by a real-life tragedy?D'oh!

I back up PPP EVERY time I get ready to close it. I back up my files nightly - OFF site - so even if my HOUSE burns down, I'll still have my files.I've lost important files to inattention, bad disks, software malfunctions... Most of my lost files have been due to a problem between the keyboard and the chair... but still. I'm super-duper careful.

chefann said:
Was this perchance inspired by a real-life tragedy?D'oh!
Nah, I just stole it off the Internet.Something like it HAS happened to me in the past. It's the only way anyone learns.(BTW, Ann, there are a couple I posted, with you in mind, up in the joke thread.)

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
(BTW, Ann, there are a couple I posted, with you in mind, up in the joke thread.)
Saw them- love the toasters!

Ok...since we are talking about losing files here, has anyone ever had this happen to them and what did you do? I got a new computer Saturday and it has Windows Vista on it. It seems like PPP doesnt like WV because I cannot get it to work. After hours of struggling with it I finally got it to come up on my desk top without problems but it will not let me import my files. I can get online and go to the PC.com and download the update and run it and that will let me import fiels but that is the only way I can get to them. Any suggestions on what I can do?

i've heard of people having problems with vista. I'd call tech support 888 our chef, option 4

Just another reason why I don't buy a brand new version of anything (especially from Microsoft)--too many kinks to work out first.

P3 isn't letting you import files? When you first install it, it should ask you to import your old data ( from 16.0) ....that is the only time that you can do it. If you missed that step, you will have to reinstall it and import at that time. Then once you are in P3, you can backup & restore that data, but note that the file format is different then the past 16.0 backups, and you can't go back to 16.0. Does that help?

I think I got it. I will give it a try when I get off work tonight. Thanks!

Related to Why You Need to Backup Your Ppp Data

1. Why is it important to backup my PPP data?

Backing up your PPP data is crucial because it ensures that you have a secure and accessible copy of all your important files in case of any unexpected events such as hardware failure, theft, or accidental deletion.

2. How often should I backup my PPP data?

We recommend backing up your PPP data at least once a week. However, if you have a high volume of data or frequently make changes to your files, it may be beneficial to backup more frequently.

3. Can I backup my PPP data to the cloud?

Yes, you can definitely backup your PPP data to the cloud. In fact, it is highly recommended as it provides an additional layer of security and allows you to access your data from anywhere with an internet connection.

4. What is the best way to backup my PPP data?

The best way to backup your PPP data is by using a reliable and secure backup software. This will ensure that all your files are backed up efficiently and can be easily restored when needed.

5. Is it necessary to backup my PPP data if I have a reliable computer?

Yes, it is still necessary to backup your PPP data even if you have a reliable computer. Accidents can happen at any time and having a backup ensures that your important files are protected and can be recovered in case of any unforeseen circumstances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Symara
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • MamaChef
  • General Chat
Replies