• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is having a living will important?

In summary, the author of this post says that she thought that the author was going to be serious, but then she saw who the author was and thought that it was too funny. They agree that life is too important to take seriously.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Earlier this evening, The Kat Lady and I were in the family room when a character came on television, lying in a hospital bed in a vegetative state.

I said, "I don't want to be a burden like that. If I ever get to the point that I have to rely on a machine and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive, just pull the plug, okay?"

She got up, pulled the plug on the television and poured out my beer.

OMG, I just thought for once, seeing what came up when I scrolled over the post that maybe, just maybe once you were being serious, LMAO, that is too funny!!!!! I could see me actually doing that to my hubby!

Me? Surely you can't be serious. (Of course I'm not serious, and don't call me Shirley.)

Oh, I thought you were calling me Shirley, and I would have figured you would have known my name by now KG, lol.

I think I almost peeeeed My pants...LMAO...that is classic.
I am going to do that to Kevin..hahahahahaha!!1

Oh, so you are going to take the battery out of his laptop so he can't IM with you any more from the other side of the couch, LMAO, that one still just kills me!

jdavis said:
OMG, I just thought for once, seeing what came up when I scrolled over the post that maybe, just maybe once you were being serious, LMAO, that is too funny!!!!! I could see me actually doing that to my hubby!
Now that I have this reputation, no one takes me seriously when I AM being serious.

So maybe I just won't be anymore. :eek:

I love you guys!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!

OMG, that is too funny! I almost thought you were going to be serious too KG! What were we thinking Jennifer?:rolleyes:
I think the Kat lady must be pretty comical too!

I'd say The Kat Lady is...tolerant. :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'd say The Kat Lady is...tolerant. :D

I agree with that statement!!!;)

She puts up with a lot...after all, I'm the cook.

The Kat Lady reports that she already has automatic entrance into Heaven for allowing her teenage son to survive into his 20's.However, if she had been childless, she says she would still have a "Get Into Heaven FREE" card for having been married to me.Note from TKG: I have the same "Get Into Heaven FREE" card for having put up with both of them.

LOL!

That was SUPER funny! I was with Jennifer on this and thought it was something that was going to be "life changing" ;) Oh my... LOL

Just no one try this during the super bowl!!! I'd hate to see the outcome. LOL KG. I was thinking serious too, but then I saw who the author was so I wondered..........:eek:

jdavis said:

I thought the same thing! I will admit I was going to be shocked if he was!

Life is FAR to important to take seriously."Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
--"Auntie Mame Dennis," in Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis​

Related to Why is having a living will important?

1. What exactly is a living will?

A living will is a legal document that outlines your wishes for medical treatment in the event that you are unable to make decisions for yourself. It typically includes instructions for end-of-life care, such as whether or not you want to be kept on life support or receive certain types of treatment.

2. Why is having a living will important?

Having a living will is important because it allows you to have control over your healthcare decisions, even if you are unable to communicate them. It also takes the burden off of your loved ones from having to make difficult decisions on your behalf.

3. Who should have a living will?

Anyone over the age of 18 should have a living will. Accidents and unexpected medical events can happen at any age, and having a living will ensures that your wishes are known and respected.

4. What happens if I don't have a living will?

If you do not have a living will, your medical decisions will be left to your family members or healthcare providers to make on your behalf. This may not align with your personal wishes, causing additional stress and possibly leading to disputes among your loved ones.

5. Can I change my living will if my wishes change?

Yes, you can change your living will at any time as long as you are of sound mind. It is recommended to review your living will periodically and make any necessary updates to ensure that your wishes are accurately reflected.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat