• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Demo Table for a Consultant's First Show?

In summary, for your first show as a consultant, it's best to keep things simple by using a regular table, such as a folding card table or a sturdy kitchen countertop. You can purchase a demo table from various retailers or online, or consider checking out secondhand stores for a more affordable option. It's also important to arrive early to set up your demo table and products, have a designated space for guests, and have plenty of promotional materials on hand. To make your demo table visually appealing, use a neutral-colored tablecloth or runner, create different levels with risers or boxes, and add decorative items like flowers or kitchen props. To ensure a successful first show, practice your demonstration beforehand, engage with your guests, and follow
jodistrauss
I am a new consultant and doing my first (yikes) show on Monday. What should I use as a demo table and where is the best place to get one? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated too!!:)

Ask you host if they have a table. Most all of the time I just do my demo on their kitchen table or bar. I did buy a table from Walmart the other day to keep in my car just in case I run up on a host without a table. I had this happen to me once before when I did not have one and I had to improvise on a small table she found.

If you have to buy a table they have one at Walmart in the camping section that fold in half its a 4 ft table for like $45.00 or they have one at Target just like it that is 6 ft for the same price.

Or at BJ's, and I know that people have mentioned Costco's as well.I asked for the 4' height adjustable table (39.99) for Christmas, and was very disappointed with it, so I exchanged it for just the normal height 6' table (49.99)..at least I could use this when people come over and I have a lot of dinner guests.The reason that I wasn't happy with the height adjustable, was because it said coffee table height, table height and counter top height....so that would have been perfect for shows, to work up a little higher then a table....well the counter top was basically the regular table height... so now I am happy with the 6' ....but it is quite a bit heavier than the 4' (if you want it for shows only, the 4' is probably fine... and another thought is that some people have small houses, a 6' may not fit in all.) HTH

cajunchelle said:
If you have to buy a table they have one at Walmart in the camping section that fold in half its a 4 ft table for like $45.00 or they have one at Target just like it that is 6 ft for the same price.

I got one in houeswares at Walmart that was 4 ft (I cannot remeber the other measurements) for $29.99. plus tax. I think it is a seasonal item in that section (go figure that). I got it in December b/c I wanted to use it as a tax write off for 2006.

I got a "tailgaters" table at Target for $34.99. It's about four feet long and folds up like a briefcase with a handle for easy traveling.

jenifer4000 said:
I got a "tailgaters" table at Target for $34.99. It's about four feet long and folds up like a briefcase with a handle for easy traveling.

I got one like this from Sam's club also for $34.99

I carry mind with me no matter what, I do ask if I need one or not and even if the host says no, I still take it just in case.

I love my table and so does my daughter because the table has 4 table heights.

~

Yeah I really like the one at target for 45.00...looks a bit sturdier and nicer and folds up, so you can just keep it in the car very easily. Can use it no matter what for a lot of things.

What should I use as a demo table for my first show?

For your first show, it's best to keep things simple. You can use a regular table, such as a folding card table, or even a sturdy kitchen countertop. It's important to make sure that the surface is clean and free of clutter before setting up your products.

Where is the best place to get a demo table?

You can purchase a demo table from many different retailers, such as office supply stores or home goods stores. You can also order one online from a variety of vendors. If you're on a budget, consider checking out secondhand stores or garage sales for a more affordable option.

Any other advice for a new consultant's first show?

Make sure to arrive early to set up your demo table and products. It's also helpful to have a designated space for guests to sit and watch the demonstration. Don't forget to have plenty of catalogs, order forms, and business cards on hand for interested guests. And most importantly, have fun and be yourself!

What are some tips for setting up a visually appealing demo table?

One tip is to use a neutral-colored tablecloth or runner as a base, as it will help your products stand out. Utilize different levels by using risers or boxes to create depth on your table. Also, consider using decorative items such as flowers or small kitchen props to add visual interest.

How can I ensure a successful first show?

Practice your demonstration beforehand to ensure that you are comfortable with the products and have a smooth flow. Engage with your guests and be enthusiastic about the products. Encourage them to try out the products and ask questions. And don't forget to follow up with guests after the show to thank them for coming and offer any additional support they may need with their purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sjh5001
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • melheather
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Donna Blackmore