• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are your tips for a successful first party as a new consultant?

In summary, when preparing for your first party as a new consultant, make sure to have all necessary supplies and practice your presentation beforehand. To make the party stand out, consider having a theme and offering a variety of food samples. When feeling nervous, remember that it's normal and have a support system in place. If you forget an ingredient or don't know an answer, don't panic and use resources to find a solution. Finally, use your first party as an opportunity to kickstart your business by encouraging future parties and collecting contact information for follow-up.
amy07
Hello everybody.......another newbie for you! I'm in my first 30 days, and LOVE this site. I've submitted my first catalog show, and have my first cooking show this Saturday.........I am so nervous, not about the actual party and speaking in front of people, but afraid of forgetting something (ingredient, not having enough product knowledge). I'm such a goofball though that I think that I could turn that around..... hopefully ;) . This site has been great, and you all have helped me so much even if I never responded or commented on your posts! All of you have such great ideas and strategies from organization, creative theme parties, recipe presentation, etc. I just LOVE it here! I hope that one day (soon) I will be able to add all of the accomplishments that you guys have reached!

Hi AMy - I always forget at least one item and I kind of joke about it Let's see what I forget this time. You can always make it a recruiting tool See anyone can do this Many of our tools if they are for the recipe can have a substitute. Forget the chopper use the santoku knife etc.

YOU WILL DO GREAT!!!

Congratulations on starting your business!

Are you using the cards Pampered Chef gave you in your starter kit. I have been a consultant for a while, and I am bringing the cards when I make the Three Cheese Garden Pizza. I think they make everything so much easier.

Lisa

Congratulations - good luck to a fellow "newbie" :)

Yes, I plan on packing my bag by the card and using it during the show. My poor family is tired of eating that pizza now, I've been practicing it so much. But atleast I have changed up the ingredients some to please the kiddos!

Congratulations, Amy, on starting your new business! I also forget at least one thing (ingredient-wise, usually) at every show and it has not hurt my sales ONE BIT!! This is my first SS month (I signed under the "old" kit) and my sales are over $3300.00. I think the most important thing is to LAUGH and be honest! You're not the Perfect Chef, you're the Pampered Chef!!!

Let us know how Saturday goes!!!

DanielleQ said:
Congratulations, Amy, on starting your new business! I also forget at least one thing (ingredient-wise, usually) at every show and it has not hurt my sales ONE BIT!! This is my first SS month (I signed under the "old" kit) and my sales are over $3300.00. I think the most important thing is to LAUGH and be honest! You're not the Perfect Chef, you're the Pampered Chef!!!

Let us know how Saturday goes!!!

what are you doing to get over $3300 in 30 days? That is awesome!

A lot of laughing!! Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread!

Amy~

Welcome and good luck! Your first show will be here and past you before you know it! Just remember, none of us are perfect, and even after TONS of shows we all still forget something or mess up! Just make light of it and move on...usually we are more embarrassed/upset than anyone else. Usually if I make a mistake, most others don't even notice till I make a joke about it!
;)

amy07 said:
Hello everybody.......another newbie for you! I'm in my first 30 days, and LOVE this site. I've submitted my first catalog show, and have my first cooking show this Saturday.........I am so nervous, not about the actual party and speaking in front of people, but afraid of forgetting something (ingredient, not having enough product knowledge). I'm such a goofball though that I think that I could turn that around..... hopefully ;) . This site has been great, and you all have helped me so much even if I never responded or commented on your posts! All of you have such great ideas and strategies from organization, creative theme parties, recipe presentation, etc. I just LOVE it here! I hope that one day (soon) I will be able to add all of the accomplishments that you guys have reached!

I start my demo with a big sign that says, "1-800-PIZZA". I say, "you always eat at a PC show, but sometimes things don't always go according to the plan! Don't worry, I always have a back-up plan."

I get them laughing right from the get go!

Good luck, you will be great.

PamperChefCarol said:
I start my demo with a big sign that says, "1-800-PIZZA". I say, "you always eat at a PC show, but sometimes things don't always go according to the plan! Don't worry, I always have a back-up plan."

I get them laughing right from the get go!

Good luck, you will be great.

I Love it!!

1. What should I do to prepare for my first party as a new consultant?

The key to a successful first party is preparation. Make sure you have all the necessary supplies, including catalogs, order forms, and product samples. Familiarize yourself with the products and their uses, and practice your presentation beforehand to gain confidence.

2. How can I make my first party stand out and be memorable for my guests?

One way to make your party memorable is to have a theme. This could be based on a specific product or cooking technique, or you could incorporate games and prizes to keep your guests engaged. Additionally, offer a variety of food samples and make sure to highlight the unique features and benefits of each product.

3. What are some tips for overcoming nervousness during my first party?

First, remember that being nervous is completely normal and your guests will understand. Take deep breaths and focus on the excitement of sharing your love for Pampered Chef products. Have a friend or family member attend the party to offer support and help with any last-minute tasks.

4. What should I do if I forget an ingredient or don't know the answer to a question during the party?

If you forget an ingredient, don't panic. You can either substitute with a similar ingredient or simply continue with the recipe without it. If you don't know the answer to a question, be honest and let the guest know you will find the answer for them. You can also use your consultant resources, such as the Pampered Chef website, to find the answer after the party.

5. How can I use my first party to kickstart my Pampered Chef business?

Your first party is a great opportunity to start building your customer base. Encourage your guests to book their own parties and offer incentives for doing so. Make sure to collect contact information from all attendees and follow up with them after the party to thank them and offer any promotions or specials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • keoh1952
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kara Eaton