• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some ideas for birthday snacks to bring to my 5-year-old's class?

In summary, my 5 yo has a birthday coming up at the end of the month. Any suggestions as to what to bring in to her class to celebrate? We have snack at school, ballet and girl scouts. I'd love to just one thing to serve at all 3 - I like the S'More Brownie Bites, but was wondering if anyone had a healthier alternative??? Also, with the Smore Bites, has anyone had a problem assembling them all before the last ones are too cool to stick in the chips and marshmallows and bears? I've never tried these. TIA!
4kids4me
My 5 yo has a birthday coming up at the end of the month. Any suggestions as to what to bring in to her class to celebrate? We have snack at school, ballet and girl scouts. I'd love to just one thing to serve at all 3 - I like the S'More Brownie Bites, but was wondering if anyone had a healthier alternative??? Also, with the Smore Bites, has anyone had a problem assembling them all before the last ones are too cool to stick in the chips and marshmallows and bears? I've never tried these. TIA!

If you are looking for a healthier option, try something with fruit... I'm at a loss of what that would be though.
Ooh, chocolate covered strawberries! That would be a lot of dipping though.

Yum, chocolate covered strawberries - I'd eat all of them myself! LOL! Good thought on the fruit - I remember there was a fruit pizza or something. I'll need to look that up. I have nearly all the cookbooks, so just a matter of looking. Thanks!

Oh yea, fruit pizzas!! I haven't used the PC recipe, but have tried several in the passed. Those things are delicious!!! Yum, yum, yum!

I use Fruit Loops and make Fruit Loop treats - just like rice krispy treats.Or I've used Apple Cinnamon Cheerios to make them.

It never occurred to me you could make rice crispy treats with other cereals. Wonder if the Cheerio type fruit loops would work? I have a huge box of them here already. :) Thx for the ideas!!

4kids4me said:
It never occurred to me you could make rice crispy treats with other cereals. Wonder if the Cheerio type fruit loops would work? I have a huge box of them here already. :) Thx for the ideas!!

I did it for 3-4 year olds and 6-8 year olds. It was a hit for both groups!!!!

Just use the Rice Krispy recipe but replace it with another cereal. :)

I really like the Apple Cinnamon ones myself. They are a hit for the kids and fairly healthy and not too messy.

If you do fruit pizza you could do individual ones with sugar cookies and just put 1 fruit type on it to make it simple. For my sons class I just did cupcakes. Not healthy I know.

We're not allowed to take anything to our schools that isn't store bought. Nothing is allowed to be homebaked anymore! But I would do fruit pizzas, I think!

pamperedtraci said:
We're not allowed to take anything to our schools that isn't store bought. Nothing is allowed to be homebaked anymore! But I would do fruit pizzas, I think!
Wow, that's a shame! :( We're allowed to homebake, but no cakes (knives to cut) or candles. I think they've outlawed cupcakes, too, but not sure why. Guess I better check, huh? Sigh, times sure have changed!

4kids4me said:
Wow, that's a shame! :( We're allowed to homebake, but no cakes (knives to cut) or candles. I think they've outlawed cupcakes, too, but not sure why. Guess I better check, huh? Sigh, times sure have changed!

That is so so sad! What is the world coming to?

We are not allowed to take cupcakes because they are too messy!

We have the same issue in our school - but it isn't that they dont trust the parents - its that more kids have allergies and not everything is out there to see - when ingredients are actually listed (as in store bought) -it makes its less of a problem for the teachers and administration - and in the long run for the child - It is very sad - the days of fun and homemade stuff that most of us grew up with are gone - (why did I just sound like MY MOTHER??? UGGHH!)

I made cupcakes in the mini muffin pan! They were just the right size for them!

PamperedDor said:
We have the same issue in our school - but it isn't that they dont trust the parents - its that more kids have allergies and not everything is out there to see - when ingredients are actually listed (as in store bought) -it makes its less of a problem for the teachers and administration - and in the long run for the child - It is very sad - the days of fun and homemade stuff that most of us grew up with are gone - (why did I just sound like MY MOTHER??? UGGHH!)

Oh, that makes since. I immediately thought it was because they didn't know what the parents might be putting in them as far as poison or something. hadn't actually taken the thought that far, but you get the idea.
That really is too bad though. There is so much crap in so many processed foods these days!

I was thinking this same thing as my son's bday is next week. What do you think a good "filling" would be for a choc. chip cookie mix baked in the MMP then hit up with the tart press. I thought about a little icing in the cookie cup but man, that'll send those kids right over the sugar high edge!! ;)

TheChaoticCook said:
I was thinking this same thing as my son's bday is next week. What do you think a good "filling" would be for a choc. chip cookie mix baked in the MMP then hit up with the tart press. I thought about a little icing in the cookie cup but man, that'll send those kids right over the sugar high edge!! ;)
I'm not very creative, but what about the same filling from the tuxedo brownies? That stuff is GOOD! And you could top with a strawberry, too. I havent' fully decided what I'm making for our parties, but I like the idea of the fruit pizza on a sugar cookie. Or I'm also considering doing jello jigglers. Those are pretty safe I think, lol.

StacieB said:
I made cupcakes in the mini muffin pan! They were just the right size for them!

How long did you cook them? I'm assuming they take less time since they are so little.

1. What are some easy and healthy snack ideas for a 5-year-old's birthday class?

For a healthy and easy option, you can try making fruit kabobs with a variety of colorful fruits like strawberries, grapes, and pineapple. Another idea is to make mini sandwiches using whole wheat bread and fillings like turkey and cheese. You can also try making trail mix with nuts, dried fruit, and whole grain cereal.

2. How can I make the snacks fun and appealing for kids?

One way to make snacks more appealing is by using fun and creative shapes. For example, you can use cookie cutters to make sandwiches and fruit slices into fun shapes like stars or hearts. You can also involve the kids in the preparation process by having them decorate their own fruit kabobs or make their own trail mix.

3. Are there any allergy-friendly options for class snacks?

Yes, there are many allergy-friendly snack options for class birthdays. Some ideas include using sunflower butter instead of peanut butter, making homemade granola bars with allergy-friendly ingredients, or using gluten-free bread for sandwiches. It's also a good idea to check with the parents of the children in the class to see if there are any specific allergies to consider.

4. Can I make the snacks ahead of time?

Yes, you can definitely make the snacks ahead of time. Fruit kabobs can be assembled the night before and stored in the fridge. Sandwiches can also be made the night before and stored in an airtight container. Trail mix can be made a few days in advance and stored in a sealed bag or container.

5. How can I involve the birthday child in making the snacks?

You can involve the birthday child by having them help with the preparation process. They can assist with washing and cutting fruits, assembling the kabobs, or spreading fillings on sandwiches. You can also have them decorate the snacks with fun toppings like sprinkles or chocolate chips. This can make the snack-making experience more fun and memorable for the birthday child.

Back