• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Cost-Effective Alternatives to iContact for Managing 1200 Contacts?

I'm having a tough time figuring out how to get everything to work properly.If you are using Tasty Tidbits: I write in old school HTML with tables, which is not the norm for coding anymore. I've tried to update using CSS but the recommendation for email newsletters is actually to keep it in HTML with tables. This sometimes does not work well with email programs that have their own internal editors that re-interpret the code. My code works well with iContact and YMLP, which is why I recommend them. I wouldn't be surprised if EmailBrain told you that your writer needs to update her coding :)
PamperedK
Silver Member
I did a search but it came up with 500 results and none looked relevant.

I'm looking for an alternative to iContact. I currently have 1200 contacts, and I don't anticipate adding hundreds more in the next year. The problem I have with iContact is it only has 1000 contacts or 2500 - nothing in between. So I'm paying an additional $120 / year for 200 contacts.

I tried going through to pare out those that are bouncing, etc...but I don't know if I can pare it down under 1000.

Any suggestions for other services?

Email Marketing and Email List Manager | MailChimp
Email Marketing Solutions from Constant Contact
www.emailbrain.com
Email Marketing Software - YMLP
Mad Mimi Email Marketing : Create, send & track emails with Mad Mimi.

Of these, I have used YMLP and iContact. I just tried MailChimp, and it was okay - just a learning curve I have to get used to. I think the ease of using any of these programs depends on what you want to do. For example, I usually create my HTML emails in FrontPage and then paste the code into the email program, so the WYSIWIG editor or creative templates is of less importance to me. What is important is fewer clicks to get to what I need. I think it's also important to have an intuitive interface to see your clicks and opens (MailChimp did not seem super intuitive to me, but I am used to iContact.).

Thanks guys!!MailChimp didn't seem much cheaper to me but I liked the idea of it. I was really looking at Vertical Response or EmailBrain but I can't figure out if there is the copy/paste contacts option like iContact has. When I come home from a show, I email my guests from Outlook right away and I like that I can just copy and paste the addresses into iContact instead of entering them one at a time...anyone know if these will do the same thing?

PampChefJoy said:
Email Marketing and Email List Manager | MailChimp
Email Marketing Solutions from Constant Contact
www.emailbrain.com
Email Marketing Software - YMLP
Mad Mimi Email Marketing : Create, send & track emails with Mad Mimi.

Of these, I have used YMLP and iContact. I just tried MailChimp, and it was okay - just a learning curve I have to get used to. I think the ease of using any of these programs depends on what you want to do. For example, I usually create my HTML emails in FrontPage and then paste the code into the email program, so the WYSIWIG editor or creative templates is of less importance to me. What is important is fewer clicks to get to what I need. I think it's also important to have an intuitive interface to see your clicks and opens (MailChimp did not seem super intuitive to me, but I am used to iContact.).

I keep seeing this - what is it????

What you see is what you get.

I forgot about Vertical Response!

I'm pretty sure you can copy/paste contacts with any of them. I do recall at one time when I was researching, that one of them REQUIRES double-opt-in, which was a dealbreaker for me. There's no way I want to re-confirm my contacts when I'm just migrating a mailing list. I know it's better for a cleaner list, but the reality is that you will lose people if they're required to double opt-in. Some customers won't have the patience to go through the confirmation process.

Ok I found it and so far I'm really liking EmailBrain but for some reason copying the HTML into it is screwing up the layout of my newsletter! I sent an email to their support staff so we'll see what they say.It's hard to get used to a different program! I'm having a tough time figuring out how to get everything to work properly.

If you are using Tasty Tidbits: I write in old school HTML with tables, which is not the norm for coding anymore. I've tried to update using CSS but the recommendation for email newsletters is actually to keep it in HTML with tables. This sometimes does not work well with email programs that have their own internal editors that re-interpret the code. My code works well with iContact and YMLP, which is why I recommend them.

I wouldn't be surprised if EmailBrain told you that your writer needs to update her coding :) Unfortunately, the last time I tried to do that, it screwed up a whole lot of other people who weren't have any trouble with the newsletter to begin with.

PampChefJoy said:
If you are using Tasty Tidbits: I write in old school HTML with tables, which is not the norm for coding anymore. I've tried to update using CSS but the recommendation for email newsletters is actually to keep it in HTML with tables. This sometimes does not work well with email programs that have their own internal editors that re-interpret the code. My code works well with iContact and YMLP, which is why I recommend them.

I wouldn't be surprised if EmailBrain told you that your writer needs to update her coding :) Unfortunately, the last time I tried to do that, it screwed up a whole lot of other people who weren't have any trouble with the newsletter to begin with.

Hmmm I actually use myemaildesigns...but that's an interesting point....

I think Mike writes in CSS, but I haven't seen one of his actual newsletters to say for sure. I'm curious to see what they say because I'd like to make my newsletters as headache free for my subscribers.

Related to What Are Cost-Effective Alternatives to iContact for Managing 1200 Contacts?

1. What are some alternatives to iContact for email marketing?

Some popular alternatives to iContact for email marketing include Mailchimp, Constant Contact, AWeber, GetResponse, and ConvertKit.

2. Is iContact the best option for small businesses?

It depends on your specific needs and budget. While iContact offers a user-friendly platform and a variety of features, other email marketing tools may be better suited for small businesses with different requirements.

3. How does iContact's pricing compare to its competitors?

iContact's pricing is competitive and offers different plans to fit various business sizes and needs. However, it's always a good idea to compare prices and features of different email marketing tools before making a decision.

4. Can I import my contacts from other platforms into iContact?

Yes, iContact allows you to import contacts from other email marketing tools or databases, making it easy to switch over from another platform.

5. Does iContact offer any additional features besides email marketing?

Yes, iContact also offers social media marketing, landing pages, and analytics to help you grow your business and measure your success. These features can be useful for businesses looking to expand their marketing efforts beyond email campaigns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CMe4PC
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
CMe4PC
  • dwyerkim
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • NooraK