• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We Just Picked Our Plums and Wow There Are a Ton!! (Lie 3 or 4 5

...with the walnut mixture. Bake for 10 minutes longer, or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
pampermejolene
Gold Member
We just picked our plums and wow there are a ton!! (lie 3 or 4 5 gallon buckets full, at least!)So, can you share your fav plum recipes?
Preferably desserts, but anything will be appreciated, well, anything without meat (I'm a vegetarian, seafood is ok). Also, if any of you have a recipe using the SMALL bar pan for some sort of dessert that would be super!TIA!

Re: PlumsMmmmm!! I LOVE plums! :love:

I remember a delicious plum sauce that I had at a Japanese restaurant recently - I believe it was for seafood. I'll have to do a little research, but I may have something for you.

Oh, I wish I lived closer and could pick some up from you - that would be my daily snack! :)

Re: PlumsHere are a couple for you-

This first one is from The Barefoot Contessa- this woman can make a dessert...hope you like this one. I just did a search for you, on the rest...it's rare that I have not found something I like from the following recipe sources... Enjoy!

Plum Tart
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), diced
1 egg yolk
2 pounds firm, ripe plums, pitted and quartered lengthwise

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the flour, walnuts, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the butter and the egg yolk. Mix, either by hand or with an electric mixer, until crumbly.

Press 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture in an even layer into the bottom of a 9 1/2-inch springform or tart pan. Arrange the plums in the pan, skin side down, to form a flower pattern; begin at the outside and work your way in.

Sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture evenly over the plums. Bake the tart for 40 to 50 minutes, or until it's lightly browned and the plum juices are bubbling. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer the tart to a flat plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Plum and Almond Cobbler Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine

1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 1/2 pounds prune plums or other plums, pitted and quartered
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1 large egg, beaten lightly

In a large bowl whisk together brown sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Add plums, lemon juice, and butter. Toss mixture well and spoon into a shallow 3-quart baking dish.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a food processor pulse together granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 cup almonds until almonds are ground finely. Add the egg and pulse until blended. Spoon flour mixture over plum mixture, pulling some plum wedges up for presentation. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup almonds over cobbler.
Bake cobbler in the middle of oven 45 minutes, or until golden and bubbling, and cool on rack. Serve cobbler warm or at room temperature.

Plum-Walnut Crumble Recipe

Show: Sara's Secrets
Episode: Slimmed Down Classics

Fruits:
2 pounds plums, pitted and cut into 1/8s (6 cups)
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
Topping:
2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch salt
1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 tablespoons frozen orange-juice concentrate
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts

Serving Suggestion: 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream or nonfat frozen vanilla yogurt (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8 by 8-inch baking dish (or similar 1 1/2 to 2- quart dish) with cooking spray.
Make the fruit: Combine plums, sugar, orange zest and juice in a large bowl, toss to coat. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, make the topping. Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl with a fork. Add butter and blend with a pastry blender or your fingertips. Add oil and stir to coat. Add orange-juice concentrate and blend with your fingertips until dry ingredients are moistened.

When fruit has baked for 20 minutes, stir it and sprinkle topping evenly over the surface. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake, uncovered, until fruit is bubbly and tender and topping is lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes more. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream (or frozen yogurt), if desired.

Nutrition Information
Calories 276 Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 2g Carbohydrates 55g
Fiber 4g Sodium 47g

Re: PlumsThank you ladies!!
I've been doing searches but haven't had any luck! I just made some plum pumpkin doughnuts. They were pretty yummy!

Re: PlumsPlum Jam!!! I made some a couple of years ago and it was amazing. I'll have to look up the recipe I used.

Re: Plums
pampermejolene said:
Thank you ladies!!
I've been doing searches but haven't had any luck!

I just made some plum pumpkin doughnuts. They were pretty yummy!

Did you just say DOUGHNUTS!? I'm homering for donuts!! (like how Homer Simpson drools over donuts...that's what homering for donuts means) Yeah, it's a new term... I'm starting a small phrase revolution! :) LOL

Re: PlumsThis was in my "Joy of Cooking" Daily calendar- I was thinking of trying it in the microwave in the DCB (substitute plumbs for apricots):

Apricot Cherry Slump

Whisk together thoroghly in a mediumbowl:
1½ cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

Add and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened:
1 cup milk
¼ cup (½ stick) UNsalted butter, melted

Combine in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven with a tight fitting lid and stir until the sugar is dissolved:
1 cup water
½ cup sugar

Halve and pit:
1 pound ripe apricots (about 8 medium)
Pit:
1 pound Bing cherries

Add the fruit to the sugar water, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes; do not lift the lid.

Remove the lid and quickly cover the fruit with spoonfuls of the batter. Replace the lid and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Check the dumplings for doneness (look quickly, so that little steam escapes). Tehy should look firm and feel dry to the touch. if not cover and continue steaming for 5-10 minutes for. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla yogurt.

pampermejolene said:
Thank you ladies!!
I've been doing searches but haven't had any luck!

I just made some plum pumpkin doughnuts. They were pretty yummy!

Plum pumpkin doughnuts really, I would have never of thought to put those two together. Glad they were yummy:thumbup:

rennea said:
Plum Jam!!! I made some a couple of years ago and it was amazing. I'll have to look up the recipe I used.
If you find your recipe - please post!

I was going to post mine, but cannot find it anywhere......it was my grandma's and written on an old recipe card.:cry:

Re: PlumsI would freeze some for using in smoothies later,
make a good plum sauce for chinese food

Re: PlumsHere's what happened to most the plums:

I ended up with plum raspberry jam, lightly sweetened plum jam and plum jam sweetened with honey. 26 jars in all! :p YAY! AND I still have the whole bottom drawer of the fridge, and 2 huge bowls full of plums. Going to make tarts to freeze for later in the year and going to try the plum sauce.

Re: Plumswell at least you have some of your Christmas presents done :)

Re: PlumsCheck Rachel Ray's website. One of the last couple of her magazines had a bunch of plum recipes before plums were available.

1. What can I make with all these plums?

There are so many delicious recipes you can make with fresh plums, including plum crumble, plum jam, plum sauce, and even plum cocktails! Check out our recipe book for some great ideas.

2. How do I know when plums are ripe?

Ripe plums will have a slightly soft texture and a vibrant color. You can also gently press on the skin - if it gives slightly, the plum is likely ripe.

3. Can I freeze these plums for later use?

Yes, you can freeze plums for future use by pitting and slicing them, then placing them in a single layer on a lined baking sheet in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container.

4. Can I use these plums for baking?

Absolutely! Plums are a great addition to baked goods like cakes, tarts, and muffins. You can also try grilling or roasting them for a delicious dessert.

5. How long will these plums last?

Plums can last for up to a week when stored in the refrigerator. If you want to extend their shelf life, try canning or freezing them for later use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pamperedhrcant
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • jennifer34691