• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Make the Most of the National Conference 2009, Wave 1?

In summary, Ann inspired me this morning, so I'm starting early. I am looking forward to the National Conference in Chicago this year. I will be there with my team. We are planning on wearing matching feather boas.
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!! :D

Holy Cow 6 more days for me so much to do in so little time.... I will be so busy this weekend it that it seems like I wont have time to get ready till Monday and then it will be omg I leave in 3 days lol Happy 4th of July and will talk with you guys in Chicago

6 days for Danielle, Christina, and...I can't remember who!! YAHOO!!!!!!

6 days for me also.... YEA

babywings76 said:
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!! :D

My sentiments exactly! LOL:D

I can't wait either... It will be my vacation to recover from vacation since I'm on vacation this week. I will only be working 2 days (next Monday and Tuesday) out of 2 weeks at my main job.

chefcaroline said:
I can't wait either... It will be my vacation to recover from vacation since I'm on vacation this week. I will only be working 2 days (next Monday and Tuesday) out of 2 weeks at my main job.

That's interesting. I will be taking a mini vacation AFTER NC to Orlando with my family. Sometimes you need a vacation after the vacation right?

DessertDivaFL said:
That's interesting. I will be taking a mini vacation AFTER NC to Orlando with my family. Sometimes you need a vacation after the vacation right?

By the end of the work day on Monday, I probably will feel like I haven't even been on vacation because of all the catch up stuff I will have to do.

chefcaroline said:
By the end of the work day on Monday, I probably will feel like I haven't even been on vacation because of all the catch up stuff I will have to do.

I feel your pain. Same thing will happen with me too!

I'll be taking another vacation the end of the month to Lake Tahoe. LOL We must really be stressed and busy if we all need vacas from vacas! :)

Sorry Andrea, I didn't mean to leave you off our list of leaving Wed.

According to my calculations........

5 days til we leave for conference & 6 days til conference begins!!! yahooooooooooooooo :balloon:

I can't wait!! I hate all my clothes! lol Maybe a new top and sandels will help my mood!

Yeah, I just went shopping last week w/ my sister. CJBanks was great. Nice quality stuff and I got everything on sale. I felt so happy. I also bought 2 new pairs of sandals from some department stores. They felt comfortable and not too hideous. lol Now I'm all set in those areas. Now to go to Walmart and pick up toiletries and snacks. :) I'm so excited! :D

This is sad, I'm hoping my son looses his Allstar games so I won't miss him playing while I"m gone. But I can't wait to get on the plane and head out of dodge.

I went fishing this morning in our new boat since I had the day off. I am so happy! Only 5 days left for me and the giddy girls!

:D:p:);)

Have fun ladies...will miss seeing you all. We leave for our vacation/dance competition tomorrow. Can't wait to hear all the news!

4 Days!!:thumbup::D

4 days till I leave 5 days till NC.... YEA!!!

I GOTTA find time to pack and get ready before the plane leaves Wed. am!!!!!!!!!!! Not gonna happen this weekend!

We gotta pack?????

no just buy when you get there ;-)

That thought has crossed my mind more than once! LOL!

3 days till we leave 4 days till NC.... YEA!!!

I am up early this morning... Can not wait till it is Chicago time...

Crow. Now I really DO need to pack!! See ya in a few Andrea!

Yes, I agree. Time to start packing and figuring out how to have extra space for what I bring home!

Have a fabulous time everyone!!!!!

I'm soo bumbed I can't make it this year, so you all MUST have an extra grand time with me in mind!!!!

Koolotus said:
Crow. Now I really DO need to pack!! See ya in a few Andrea!

Can't wait to see you and have a few drinks....

DessertDivaFL said:
Yes, I agree. Time to start packing and figuring out how to have extra space for what I bring home!

You know the nice thing about packing for NC is that I don't have to pack for my DH or my 2 boys :D:D:D it's all about me!

Ah, packing.... in my free time that is severely lacking....

I worked the street fair in town all weekend (and earned a little cash for the trip, too! ;))

Tomorrow morning, I leave here at 7am to return at about 6pm... Tuesday morning I leave at 7am to return, hopefully earlier, after interviewing to hire new managers (why must people quit just a week before I leave town? Couldn't they wait til I return? lol)... I'll need to leave home by 5am Wednesday morning so I can be at work early and not take as much time off... my flight leaves at 5:30pm Wed....

Not really sure when I'll find time to pack.... or do the laundry that will be necessary in order to get the packing done.....

Ah well... I'll get it done... I always do.... lol

Managed to drag the suitcase downstairs this evening. After a couple of hours of frantic searching found my cheffer button, so I'm good to go!

When i go to leadership i ship home my dirty laundry and bring home my paperwork.

3 days until Conference! Yeah!

2 days until many of us leave, 1 day until Morfia leaves

I can hardly wait!!

KaryCam said:
3 days until Conference! Yeah!

2 days until many of us leave, 1 day until Morfia leaves

I can hardly wait!!

You are up early too! Gotta go to work today and tomorrow and then "I'm leavin' on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again." :sing:

DessertDivaFL said:
"I'm leavin' on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again." :sing:

LOL Love it!
The time has come!!!! I just can't wait to get there. I'm packing things up today! That way if I need to go buy any last minute thing I can do that tomorrow!

Anyone on here flying out of Charlotte Wed? I fly out at 11:40 am!:balloon::balloon::balloon:

I CAN"T WAIT! But TONS and TONS to do before leaving on a different jet plane (hee hee). You can call me The Procrastinator!!! ha ha :)

Getting excited! And a little nervous being my first NC, time in Chicago, and also traveling alone...but hey! I'll get over it! LOL I'm done packing...except for my toothbrush! WAHOO! I got a Conference Survival package from my D today...had to find room in my suitcase for it LOL. I CAN"T WAIT!!!

chefHLM said:
Getting excited! And a little nervous being my first NC, time in Chicago, and also traveling alone...but hey! I'll get over it! LOL I'm done packing...except for my toothbrush! WAHOO! I got a Conference Survival package from my D today...had to find room in my suitcase for it LOL. I CAN"T WAIT!!!

What was in the Conference Survival Package???

Gosh I can't believe I gotta get all my packing done today with me leaving tomorrow and me and hubby staying over night since I am leaving early in the morning on wednesday that way we aren't having to get up early and travel to the airport and then hubby come back home for him to work all day gosh so much to do.... I have meetings today and then baseball tonight if it doesn't rain lol...

DessertDivaFL said:

I thought of that too but I figured I'd pack what I need in my larger suitcase so I'll have spare room for the things I bring home. Though I have a tendency to over pack so I may have to pack in my smaller suitcase first then move it to larger last minutes so I won't think I have sooo much extra room I need to discipline myself not to bring 8 pairs of shoes. I think I'm going to pack my sneakers and wear slip on sandals so I don't have to deal with taking shoes and socks off at airport!

kcmckay said:
I thought of that too but I figured I'd pack what I need in my larger suitcase so I'll have spare room for the things I bring home. Though I have a tendency to over pack so I may have to pack in my smaller suitcase first then move it to larger last minutes so I won't think I have sooo much extra room I need to discipline myself not to bring 8 pairs of shoes. I think I'm going to pack my sneakers and wear slip on sandals so I don't have to deal with taking shoes and socks off at airport!

I will be measuring my luggage because we bought a new set after Thanksgiving at JCPenney's and there were 5 pieces and I want to take one on the plane for the extra stuff I will be coming back home with. Especially if we buy those surprise boxes. Hopefully what is inside won't take up too much space or be heavy! :D

DessertDivaFL said:
I will be measuring my luggage because we bought a new set after Thanksgiving at JCPenney's and there were 5 pieces and I want to take one on the plane for the extra stuff I will be coming back home with. Especially if we buy those surprise boxes. Hopefully what is inside won't take up too much space or be heavy! :D

DANIELLE,

Great idea :thumbup: to bring a larger carry on! Off to start measuring!!

Seriously, I'm really wondering what all and how much we'll really get?! What have they given away previous years?

Also remember that the airlines have weight restrictions on the checked bags... 50 lbs for Southwest, I believe.

last year I remember small stuff. The new mocha hazelnut sprinkle in sample size, at our ED banquet we get a note pad (small faux leather case). Then I had the new mini catalogs I bought plus a few other things.

Don't forget we can Fedex stuff (i.e. surprise boxes and what not) home and it comes out of our checks. :) I loved that part!

Flamingo said:
Can't wait to see you and have a few drinks....

Can I piggyback on that one?

chefHLM said:
I have a first-timer coming with me. She's feeling the same way. I hope we get to meet you.

kisrae said:
Can I piggyback on that one?

No problem We can all have a FEW>>> drinks.. Ok mabey more than a few....:angel:

I just got done doing my last bit of shopping for the trip. Got toiletries (toothpaste, mouthwash, floss, Tums, bandaids, deoderant, etc). I went to Kohl's and got a new pair of shoes that fit like a glove, a new bra (hey, you know enough about me already) and a black capri pant. Now I need to hit the bank tomorrow for some cash for the tips and taxi rides.

DessertDivaFL said:
I just got done doing my last bit of shopping for the trip. Got toiletries (toothpaste, mouthwash, floss, Tums, bandaids, deoderant, etc). I went to Kohl's and got a new pair of shoes that fit like a glove, a new bra (hey, you know enough about me already) and a black capri pant. Now I need to hit the bank tomorrow for some cash for the tips and taxi rides.

LOL!!! Love it! New bra, new shoes! Girl you are ready to conquer NC!

LMAO!!! I would have spit my drink all over the screen if I had one!! Bra and shoes! Honey thats soooommmmeee combination! Thankfully you didn't go into more detail about the bra- I hope it fits as well as the shoes! HA HA HA HA HA :D:p:p:cheerleader:

I hit the bank today, now need to plan my outfits more and pack. I guess I should do the toiletries list- I'm checking my bag so it doesn't matter I guess.

I started packing tonight and decided I needed to bring larger suitcase. It's hardly enough room. I don't think I'll have room to bring much home!:eek: I do overpack but I feel like I'm not this time. I picked out 3 outfits for the days added a 4th as a backup. Put in one pair of jeans and one pair of capri's for after hours. Added two tshirts for sleeping and comfy pants. And a sweatshirt and a couple of extra tops. Once I put my sneakers, 2 pairs of sandals and whatever shoes I end up bringing for ED dinner I'm full. I still need to buy new outfit for ed dinner. I tried putting on dress I'd planned on bringing yesterday and I guess I've gained since I wore that last:cry: Oh well I needed an excuse to buy a new outfit for a bridal shower coming up so there you go. I also need a new bra or two. I don't like to carry on a lot so I was just going to use my HWC tote for the essentials and I probably still will I can always fedex my purchases home.

<H2>1. When is National Conference 2009 Wave 1?</H2><p>The first wave of National Conference 2009 will take place on July 10, 2009.</p><H2>2. How many days are left until National Conference 2009 Wave 1?</H2><p>As of March 1, 2009, there are 131 days left until National Conference 2009 Wave 1.</p><H2>3. Are there any tips for preparing for National Conference 2009 Wave 1?</H2><p>Yes, as we get closer to the event, tips will be shared to help you prepare for National Conference 2009 Wave 1. One tip is to keep an eye out for flight deals, as there have been flights to San Francisco for as low as $220 (the cheapest seen so far) which can also be used to get to Chicago.</p><H2>4. Is it recommended to book flights to National Conference 2009 Wave 1 early?</H2><p>Yes, if you are able to afford it, it is recommended to keep an eye out for flight deals and book early for National Conference 2009 Wave 1. This can help save money and ensure you have a spot reserved for the event.</p><H2>5. Where will National Conference 2009 Wave 1 take place?</H2><p>National Conference 2009 Wave 1 will take place in Chicago, Illinois.</p>

1. When is National Conference 2009 Wave 1?

The first wave of National Conference 2009 will take place on July 10, 2009.

2. How many days are left until National Conference 2009 Wave 1?

As of March 1, 2009, there are 131 days left until National Conference 2009 Wave 1.

3. Are there any tips for preparing for National Conference 2009 Wave 1?

Yes, as we get closer to the event, tips will be shared to help you prepare for National Conference 2009 Wave 1. One tip is to keep an eye out for flight deals, as there have been flights to San Francisco for as low as $220 (the cheapest seen so far) which can also be used to get to Chicago.

4. Is it recommended to book flights to National Conference 2009 Wave 1 early?

Yes, if you are able to afford it, it is recommended to keep an eye out for flight deals and book early for National Conference 2009 Wave 1. This can help save money and ensure you have a spot reserved for the event.

5. Where will National Conference 2009 Wave 1 take place?

National Conference 2009 Wave 1 will take place in Chicago, Illinois.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • General Chat
3 4 5 6 7
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Janice Stroud
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat