• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Make the Most of the National Conference 2009, Wave 1?

In summary, Ann inspired me this morning, so I'm starting early. I am looking forward to the National Conference in Chicago this year. I will be there with my team. We are planning on wearing matching feather boas.
Thanks for keeping up with this Becky... I can not wait to see you all again........

Ok these are tips from wave 3 but I am hoping they do not mind if I just share them with my wave...
Thanks Rae!!!! :chef:

You'll probably only have a few cluster/team meetings between now and NC. Write down anything you want to discuss with your clustermates so you can ask at the meetings. What do they usually do during down time? Do they usually move about as a group or will you be mostly on your own? Do they usually choose expensive restaurants, mid-range meals, or cheap & cheerful cuisine? Your roommates and travel buddies will be good sources of info.

I just thought I would pop in and say hello to all my Wave 1 buddies! I am so going to miss seeing everyone this year. :cry::cry: I had such a great time meeting everyone in person last year. However, I will be overcome with joy, with the arrival with a new baby girl a week or two after conference :love::love:, so that is the reason for no traveling for me.

79 days til conference!!!:love:

Come on folks get EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sing::balloon::thumbup::p

78 days to go!!!!

Woo Hoo I AM excited!!!!!!!!

Wow! Really!:eek: I'm the first one out of our wave to post on this in 2 days! Well.... goodie for me!!:D:p
75 days left until conference!!:sing::D
I got one Amanda!!! Considering it was you and I really going at it last year to see who could be first! LOL!;):D

It's getting close...I can't wait! I think I've been driving my husband crazy telling him how excited I am and how I can't wait til July!

chefHLM said:
It's getting close...I can't wait! I think I've been driving my husband crazy telling him how excited I am and how I can't wait til July!

LOL I'm trying not to show how excited I am to my DH as he's jonesing for a vacation and I'm kind of taking one w/out him.:p Oh well I need it.

I just told my mom about me going to Chicago for the NC and she is so excited for me! She knew I would do well at this business. It is great having family behind you!

74 days until NC! Wahoo!

Sorry ladies to be mia, busy week. I am so looking forward to conference & can't wait to see everyone.

73 Days to go....

I registered yesterday and got my plane ticket !!!!! I am so excited!!!

Ok it's only 71 days to go ..... Are we all getting excited!!!!

A little over 2 months, it's going to be here before we know it.

I am posting Rae's tip of the day, maybe I will keep a file this year of all her tips.Start a file. I keep 2 NC files--1 in a manila folder, the other on my computer. This is where I keep all NC materials--confirmations, receipts, lists, etc. I use the computer file for anything I don't want to waste a lot of paper on. The folder is for anything I might want to take with me (like a hotel confirmation).Getting organized now helps me to stay organized all the way through NC.

Good tips THANKS!!! I have been going for 3 years now and have not even thought of that. I know I am not as organized as I should be....

Hey Amanda ARE WE WALKING?????? 1 recruit and 1 recruits recruit to go for me.... Oh and for everyone to stay active...

Yeah, time's ticking to get our teams in order!

I earned conference for free---so excited! Anyone else? I have to go now, LOL. I think I've got it figured out to fly out from dance competition to Chicago...only bummer is no straight flight & fly by myself...but I think I can do it!

I haven't earned free or 1/2 price conference but I did do the Conference Club so it is already paid for. The only thing left is to register and select my classes.

70 days to go!

Last edited:
YIPEEEEEEE! I earned 1/2 price conference. I completed my 40th day yesterday and closed a show which took me over $2500 in sales for April!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!

I will finish my teaching career on May 27th and then watch out world because I will be able to do PC full-time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rae's tip of the day: This brings something important to mind. Always double-check. It's easy to get used to relying on your director, your recruiter, your clustermates, or your friends here at CS for information. We're good, but we're not perfect. The best source of information is the HO. Make sure you're reading what they send and what's posted on CC.Andrea & Lacy I'm trying really hard to promote, 2 recruits to go. I know I can, I know I can!!

I am hoping to promote as well. I am only 2 recruits away as well. I am very hoping.

I did not make conference for free or 1/2 but I have saved every PC dollar I've ever gotten and now I am going for FREE!! O.K. not the same but it still feels pretty great given the whole thing is going to cost us a pretty penny.
This will be my first year going and I am soooooo excited!! I hope I can retain all the info.....oh,and win the Whirlwind Product Spree:love:!!
See you girls there.:D
SARAH

Hey Cakegal, I am glad you brought up PC dollars. That is how I paid for conference in the first place so the 1/2 off registration will almost pay for my airfare!!! So, I pay for lodging and food only!!! I am loving PC!!!! Can't wait for conference!

Today is Saturday, May 2nd!
Only 69 days left

Rae's tip fo the day: Begin now making a list of the things you hope to learn at NC. If you’ve never been before, think about what you most want to know. Write down your questions. Read them over frequently. This will plant them in your brain, and you’ll be more likely to recognize an answer when you hear it. That’s one of the best things you can do to prepare your mind for NC.

Today is Sunday, May 3rd!
Only 68 days left

Rae's Tip of the day::thumbup: I like to look my best at NC. Since I have colored hair in a fairly short style, that means making sure that my cut and color are pretty fresh. I've already set my appointments for the next couple of months so I can make sure I'm feeling cute for NC.

If this is a concern for you as well, you might want to make your appointment now. Make sure your stylist be available when you need him/her. (Funny I set my appointment yesterday since we are camping right before conference)

I thought about my hair too. I always have it highlighted so I will need fresh highlights before NC.

I just got my hair cut about a week or so and hoping it grows out before my class reunion and then national conference. We can only hope !!!!!

67 days left!

Sorry Amanda, I had to post it. I want to start my week on a high note! :sing:

Rae's tip of the day: Yesterday I talked about looking good. Today I want to remind you to do what you can to make sure you feel good. NC is physically and mentally stressful. It's good stress, but it's still stress. You have just over 10 weeks to prepare yourself. Here are my suggestions:

Make getting rest a priority. If you're not well rested when you arrive, you're likely to struggle. After all, there's lots to do, so you might be staying up late and getting up early. Most people don't sleep as well in a strange bed. Most of us will be sharing a room with others, which can impair your sleep. These won't be as much of an issue if your sleep bank is full to begin with.

Start walking. There is a lot of walking at NC. Get moving now so you won't feel like you've been hit by a truck on day 2.

Eat well. Fueling your body with good food in the weeks ahead is a good way to make sure you're healthy and energetic when you arrive at NC.

Who knows? It's possible that these will become good habits that will become part of a healthy lifestyle that lasts long after this NC.

Danielle no worries!!!:)

Today is Tuesday, May 3rd!
Only 66 days left

Rae's tip of the day: I was able to see the guy from What Not to Wear at an event I worked recently. He pointed out that fit is the first element of style, and when your clothes fit right they'll be comfortable. He also said that on the show they shop for 2 solid days and consider themselves lucky if they find 7 outfits.

If the only clothes you have that would be appropriate for NC aren't comfortable, you need to do something. You can have the clothes you already have altered. Or, you can buy new. Just remember that it can take lots of time to find clothing that fits your body and your budget.

Here are a few more suggestions I gleaned from Clinton Kelly:

Try everything on.

If you can't immediately picture it with at least 3 things already in your closet, don't buy it. You'll be wasting money and closet space.

A bit of alteration (a dart here, hem there) can make all the difference.

Fun tips! I'm thinking I'll have enough recruits to promote....but gotta get a couple of them to sign someone...that's the toughie now!

Today is Wednesday, May 6th!
Only 65 days left

Rae's tip of the day: Ken Davis shared these ideas on a recent blog. He was talking about how to get the most out of the conferences he does, but I think they translate well to NC.

Make these resolutions to help you maximize your experiences:

1. Resolve to Relax

So many times we go into new situations tense and defensive, fearful of change and concerned about what people will think. We assume a negative posture that stifles creativity and inhibits learning.

Anticipate a great experience
Believe that you will learn something helpful
Don’t set yourself up to compete. You have nothing to prove. Learning is not competition it is absorption. Become a happy Sponge Bob Square Pants. Soak it up!

2. Resolve to Disarm
We put it this way, “Leave your guns at the door.” All those little tricks and stories and shortcuts that you usually use when the pressure is on; the candy stick, shoot from the hip easy way out solutions that keep you from trying new things, leave them at the door.

Open yourself up to learn new techniques. Risk by exploring new ideas. When you leave the conference you can pick up your guns and take them with you. You may not need them anymore. OR you may find them more affective with the new material you have learned. By leaving them at the door you will resist the temptation to depend on them and miss out on learning something new.

3. Resolve to connect
Dive in. Introduce yourself to instructors and other attendees. Ask questions, offer insight. Eat and talk and laugh with other people. TURN YOUR PHONE OFF!

In twenty years of doing workshops I can count on one hand and half of one foot the number of people who said they got nothing out of it. ALL OF THEM remained isolated and refused to get involved with the people around them. Some felt they knew it all. Usually those were sent by someone who knew they didn’t. Others never disconnected from phone - computer - business, so even though they were physically at the conference, mentally they never left the office.

4. Resolve to commit
I ask our students to commit to what we are teaching just for the length of the conference. Long enough to try the principles, get past the discomfort of doing something NEW, and experience the difference it will make in their performance. Once they leave, I give them permission to dump the whole thing and shoot me with the guns they left at the door, BUT BY THEN THEY ARE HOOKED. [Rae's Note: I'd change this just a bit. I'd resolve to commit to the new ideas for more than just the time of the conference. Give yourself a few weeks, a month or two, to try the new stuff.]

The new grip suggested by a golf pro seems intolerable until you commit to practice it until it becomes natural. Only then will you hit the 250 yard drive or sink the 15 foot putt.

Try these resolutions the next time you are at a conference.

Today is Thursday, May 7th!
Only 64 days left...... The countdown is on, can't wait to see everyone in Chicago.

Rae's tip of the Day: Are your hotel reservations set? If you're staying at a conference hotel, make sure you have all of your roommates listed (with consultant numbers). This really will make things easier in the long run.

Be sure to read through all of the rules and guidelines for conference hotels. You'll want to know your rights and responsibilities just in case.

Today is Sunday, May 10th!
Only 61 days left

Rae's Tip of the day: Happy Mothers Day to everyone who shows loving care to others. Whether you've got children of your own or not, you're a mom.

Thinking about Mothers Day got me thinking about expressing appreciation. My recruiter is no longer with PC. While I'm at NC I usually send her a postcard thanking her for what she did to introduce me to the PC business. It's simple, but little things like that often mean a lot. If there is someone who has helped you in your business, consider expressing your gratitude.

Today is Monday, May 11th!
Only 60 days left............

That is sooooo close I can almost taste that great Chicago Pizza they have....

Today is Tuesday, May 12th!
Only 59 days left............ Less than 2 months, Wahoo!

Rae's tip of the day: We have just over 2 months before NC. You'll probably have several shows in that time. You'll do host coaching. You'll make lots of calls. Start taking a critical look at what you're doing, why you're doing it, and how it's working.

Here are a few reasons I can think of for taking a close look at your business before NC.

1. You'll know what areas to target when you're asking questions and taking workshop notes.

2. You'll know what's working well. You're likely to be asked for tips and advice while at NC. By really studying your business, you'll know what to tell those who ask.

3. You'll have a chance to make your business better before you even go. You may discover areas where you can change or streamline to make your business what you want it to be.

Today is Wednesday May 13th!

We have 58 days to go!:sing::thumbup::D

Today is Thursday May 14th and...

We have 57 days to go!

wow it seems like time is really going by fast lately getting ready to go.

Rae's tip of the day: Make sure you have your roommates' and clustermates' numbers programmed into your phone. That will help you keep track of one another and adjust plans if necessary.Many of us Cheffers will also share numbers. I program these under "Cheffer - pampered chef consultant" in my phone. It makes it easier for my brain to find the person I'm looking for.I also take a hard copy of all of the numbers (roommates, clustermates, and Cheffers), just in case I have trouble with my phone. If something happens, I want to be able to use another phone to call.

What a great idea Amanda....

Today is Friday May 15th and There are only 56 days left till NC!!!

Sorry amanda couldn't wait for you toooooo excited:D:D

Rae's tip of day

Not taking along a laptop? Go ahead and set up your email auto response today. Most email services let you set a start and end date for vacation responses. I usually set mine to start the day I leave and end a couple of days after I get back. That gives me a little time to get around to reading through all of the emails. I simply say that I’m off learning how to become an even better consultant and getting a sneak peek at the new products that will be out this fall. I leave my cell number so they can get to me if they have a PC emergency.

I wonder if outlook has an auto responds. I have just recently got the outlook professional 2007 so I haven't gotten to play around with it much.

Today is MAY 18th and we have..... 53 DAYS TIL NC!!!

Sorry for being MIA, ds turned 5.Rae's tip of the day: Don't forget to put your Chef Success button on your packing list. We want to be able to pick you out of the crowd. There is a sticky post under National Conference about how you can get your own CS button.

<H2>1. When is National Conference 2009 Wave 1?</H2><p>The first wave of National Conference 2009 will take place on July 10, 2009.</p><H2>2. How many days are left until National Conference 2009 Wave 1?</H2><p>As of March 1, 2009, there are 131 days left until National Conference 2009 Wave 1.</p><H2>3. Are there any tips for preparing for National Conference 2009 Wave 1?</H2><p>Yes, as we get closer to the event, tips will be shared to help you prepare for National Conference 2009 Wave 1. One tip is to keep an eye out for flight deals, as there have been flights to San Francisco for as low as $220 (the cheapest seen so far) which can also be used to get to Chicago.</p><H2>4. Is it recommended to book flights to National Conference 2009 Wave 1 early?</H2><p>Yes, if you are able to afford it, it is recommended to keep an eye out for flight deals and book early for National Conference 2009 Wave 1. This can help save money and ensure you have a spot reserved for the event.</p><H2>5. Where will National Conference 2009 Wave 1 take place?</H2><p>National Conference 2009 Wave 1 will take place in Chicago, Illinois.</p>

1. When is National Conference 2009 Wave 1?

The first wave of National Conference 2009 will take place on July 10, 2009.

2. How many days are left until National Conference 2009 Wave 1?

As of March 1, 2009, there are 131 days left until National Conference 2009 Wave 1.

3. Are there any tips for preparing for National Conference 2009 Wave 1?

Yes, as we get closer to the event, tips will be shared to help you prepare for National Conference 2009 Wave 1. One tip is to keep an eye out for flight deals, as there have been flights to San Francisco for as low as $220 (the cheapest seen so far) which can also be used to get to Chicago.

4. Is it recommended to book flights to National Conference 2009 Wave 1 early?

Yes, if you are able to afford it, it is recommended to keep an eye out for flight deals and book early for National Conference 2009 Wave 1. This can help save money and ensure you have a spot reserved for the event.

5. Where will National Conference 2009 Wave 1 take place?

National Conference 2009 Wave 1 will take place in Chicago, Illinois.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • General Chat
3 4 5 6 7
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Janice Stroud
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat