• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tropical Adult Beverages for Your Shows

In summary, this conversation discusses some recipes for tropical drinks, and suggests that the Quick stir pitcher can be helpful in making these drinks. The person sharing the recipes also offers some helpful advice on who should buy what ingredients, and notes that they haven't personally tested the recipes.
chefann
Gold Member
Evenin', everyone!

Here's a sheet I put together with tropical drink recipes for Taste of the Tropics theme shows. There are non-alcoholic and boozy ones, so your hosts can pick one they feel comfortable with. Most will require use of the Family Size QSP, if only to have room to add ice and get things nice and cold.

I've not tested these recipes personally. Most are from a bartending book I have. I just multiplied them from single servings to pitchers.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Tropical Drinks 2.doc
    227.5 KB · Views: 651
Thanks for sharing. They look great.

That last one, the one that starts with Z, sounds very tasty. If you don't mind Anne, I might even take that one to my bar. We might be able to use it as a special some night!

My thought is that anytime you can show the quick stir pitcher in action, you sell them!

OOOO Go Ann, Go Ann. I think I may have to try these first..hahahaha. Although, I may not be able to do shows...HAHAHA.

My SD has started making an adult beverage at all her shows, sort of the way Sandra Lee does on Semi-Homemade Meals (on Food Network). Sue (my SD) makes them in the QSP, and then pours them into the carafe to stay cold. There's usually more drink than the carafe will hold, so that's what gets poured into glasses first. She's been selling a lot of pitchers and carafes since she started doing that.And feel free to make up your own drinks! Anything with rum and fruit juice can be considered tropical!

My BF totally wants me to do this. He suggested it the other night. One pitcher with adult drinks and one with regular. When I first started I bragged that the QUick stir pitcher was my favorite..so I might go with this. Mainly because it didn't involve cooking. How could I mess up stirring right...HAHAHAHAHA

These are great!!! They look so GOOD!!!! I can't wait to offer them for shows!!!

Thanks for sharing! Now, I can't wait for warm weather here in NY!;)

letscook04 said:
Who needs warm weather? The drinks will warm you up! LOL!!!!

Thanks, Ann, for the great recipes. Some of them, especially the non-alcoholic ones, seem to call for a lot of lemon juice or lime juice. Do you mean lemonade, if you don't say freshly squeezed?

chefkristin said:
Who needs warm weather? The drinks will warm you up! LOL!!!!

Very true!! I still like it to be 80 outside, relaxing in the pool! ;)

Don't forget that there is the spiced tropical tea cooler & the wild rasperry summer sipper in the casual cooking cookbook as well. I sell a lot of cookbooks & this would be another good way!!:)

chefann said:
I've not tested these recipes personally. Most are from a bartending book I have. I just multiplied them from single servings to pitchers.

Enjoy!

Leave it up to you Ann to bust out the booze recipes!!!

I will take a hit for the team and try them ALL out!!!:eek: I'll report back in 6 days - after I sober up...;)

PamperedPeggy said:
Thanks, Ann, for the great recipes. Some of them, especially the non-alcoholic ones, seem to call for a lot of lemon juice or lime juice. Do you mean lemonade, if you don't say freshly squeezed?
I'd use actual juice, because lemonade would include sugar and water. You can purchase lemon and lime juices at the grocery store, so you don't have to stand there with the citrus press for an hour. :)

PCGINA said:
Leave it up to you Ann to bust out the booze recipes!!!

I will take a hit for the team and try them ALL out!!!:eek: I'll report back in 6 days - after I sober up...;)

Thanks for the "sacrifice," Gina!

Wait- didn't we first meet in a bar?

Thanks for passing this on!

These are great! I had to ask my husband what Strained with a straw meant....he didn't really know...He thought maybe it was a blender drink?
If you do make these at each of your shows...which I really want to do...would you pick one and buy the alcohol and other ingredients yourself and re-use the ingredients at other shows...because you wouldn't use the whole bottle for one pitcher? I am just thinking that asking a host to provide a bottle of rum...would be too expensive...unless they had some on hand. I'm not a big drinker...I need to be...but these darn kids just won't leave:) so I am not sure how to approach the who buys what topic...does that make sense? any advice?

letscook04 said:

No warm weather! (just yet anyway...) I finally got to ride my new snowmobile yesterday for the first time this year:)

sillylittlechef said:
These are great! I had to ask my husband what Strained with a straw meant....he didn't really know...He thought maybe it was a blender drink?
Strained, with a straw means to strain the ice out when you pour it. And it's a "straw" drink instead of a "sipping" drink. That's what the bartending book I have recommended. I think tropical drinks, which are meant to be fun, should be comsumed however you want!

sillylittlechef said:
If you do make these at each of your shows...which I really want to do...would you pick one and buy the alcohol and other ingredients yourself and re-use the ingredients at other shows...because you wouldn't use the whole bottle for one pitcher? I am just thinking that asking a host to provide a bottle of rum...would be too expensive...unless they had some on hand. I'm not a big drinker...I need to be...but these darn kids just won't leave:) so I am not sure how to approach the who buys what topic...does that make sense? any advice?
I haven't decided how to handle the ingredients yet. Probably offer a pitcher of drinks if there are 12 or more confirmed guests, and let the host purchase a set of ingredients in case we go through a whole pitcher and she wants to make another.

jenniferknapp said:
No warm weather! (just yet anyway...) I finally got to ride my new snowmobile yesterday for the first time this year:)

I really can't complain that much about the weather. We just had snow flurries. Jennifer where upstate are you? My dad used to live in Delhi. Now he lives in Myrtle Beach.

chefann said:
Evenin', everyone!

Here's a sheet I put together with tropical drink recipes for Taste of the Tropics theme shows. There are non-alcoholic and boozy ones, so your hosts can pick one they feel comfortable with. Most will require use of the Family Size QSP, if only to have room to add ice and get things nice and cold.

Enjoy!

LOVE these thank you! I notice it is a "2" document.... do you have a "1"? :) Awesome!

The "1" was the one into which I pasted the recipes I found online. "2" has them formatted consistently and converted to make full pitchers. Sorry if that confused you.

Thanks Ann, those look great i love the format... and drinks i haven't had? bring em on :p

Half the fun of serving a "drink of the day" at a cooking show is a goofy name. Use any of these drinks and name it after the host. :)
And if you can get paper umbrellas from Gordon Food Service, Party City or a restaurant supply store, that's even better!

chefann said:
Evenin', everyone!

Enjoy!

OMGoodness!!! with all that rum and vodka whos driving home?!?!:eek:
I've made pina coladas and such 2 quarts worth and dont remember ever adding so much boose. Im getting woozie thinking about it :p lol

So add a little extra fruit juice and cut back on the booze. I'm a cheap date, too (one drink and I'm on my butt), so I'll probably make them not as strong. But these were the "official" proportions from my recipe book. And it gets your imagination going about what to throw together as a drink. :)

sillylittlechef said:

DON'T buy the alcohol! In some states, you could be held liable if they are involved in an accident on the way home :eek:

I'd just offer the drink menu as a "side recipe". Let the host choose whether or not she wants to do one. Most hosts that want to serve alcohol probably won't have a problem purchasing it.

letscook04 said:
Very true!! I still like it to be 80 outside, relaxing in the pool! ;)

pool??? Who needa a pool...I'm half a block from the water....:rolleyes: :D

Ann,
I've just gotta say thank you for these wonderful things you share with us. I'm almost 24/7 on the puter, but to try & attempt to put a flyer togather is like trying to perform surgery....:eek:

Thanks, Ginger. :)

Thanks for the awesome recipes

Oh Ann, Thanks for the recipes!

... And contributing to my drinking habit... Shh!
Thankfully someone asked about the strained. lol. I was a bit confused. lol. ;) Yeah can't you tell I'm a pro. lol :D

Thank you Anne! I love Mai Tai's!! i didn't make it past this one...I started getting really thirsty for one...but it's only 6:35 am and a little to early for one..

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
kitty
  • IAmChefJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies