• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tragedy Strikes Dunlops: Young Player in Coma, Mother Works at Markham HQ

In summary, Dahna Sanderson's son, a professional hockey player, was in a coma after a fight. His mother is a part of the PC family and works out of HO in Markham, Ontario. This is so very sad.
kcjodih
Gold Member
How devastating for this young man's family and friends and for the community as well. Dahna Sanderson (this man's mother) is part of the PC family and works out of of HO in Markham, Ontario.

TheStar.com | Sports | 'Tragic accident' leaves Dunlops player in coma

http://newsdurhamregion.com/article/116633

Jodi,
This is so very sad. What a terrible accident. My heart goes out to his mother.

That is terrible! Such a young man... Just shows that all that padding doesn't help when there is a fight sometimes on the ice! I don't understand the violence of hockey!

Very sad, we aren't supposed to bury our kids. :(

How sad - what a beautiful young man he was. Prayers going out for his family for peace and comfort during this time.

What a tragic loss for his family, team and community. Such a handsome young man with a bright future ahead of him. Hopefully someday, God's plan for this young man will be revealed.

Doesn't matter what sport you play, serious or fatal injuries can happen. Buffalo Sabers game last year. A hockey player fell and when he did, his skate came up and the blade cut the coratid artery in another player's neck. Luckily, he was ok and recovered.

This reminds me of the tragic death of Jett Travolta recently. How very sad for both of these families. One can only hope for God to bestow his strength for these families.

I received an email about this a few days ago. Then I just saw it on the News today.

Oh my. I never realized he was Dahna Sanderson's son. She facilitated the very first PC training event I ever attended. How sad.

I never realized that this was Dahna's son. She was so proud of his hard work & I remember her keeping us updated on his progress. Thank you for letting us know.Esther

Related to Tragedy Strikes Dunlops: Young Player in Coma, Mother Works at Markham HQ

1. What happened to the young player in the Dunlops team?

The young player in the Dunlops team was involved in a serious car accident that left him in a coma.

2. How did the mother of the young player get involved in this tragedy?

The mother of the young player works at the Markham headquarters, which is the company that sponsors the Dunlops team. She has been actively involved in supporting her son's team and was devastated when she heard about the accident.

3. Is there any support being provided to the affected family?

Yes, the Pampered Chef community has come together to offer emotional and financial support to the affected family. Fundraisers have been organized, and donations are being collected to help with medical expenses and other needs during this difficult time.

4. Are there any updates on the young player's condition?

As of now, there have been no significant updates on the young player's condition. However, the family has requested privacy during this time, and we respect their wishes. We continue to keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

5. How can we show our support for the affected family?

There are several ways to show support for the affected family. You can donate to the fundraisers, send cards or messages of encouragement, or simply keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Any small act of kindness can make a difference during this difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • GourmetGirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • topchef.heather