• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Chicken Piccata Recipe with a Creamy Twist - Easy and Family-Friendly!

In summary, the conversation is about trying a new chicken piccata recipe and discussing the issues encountered while making it. One person suggests using heavy cream instead of cream cheese for a thicker sauce, while another suggests using rice noodles to accommodate dietary restrictions. The conversation also touches on using different types of pasta and adding mushrooms to the dish. There is also mention of the love for capers.
lisasfuncooking
I made the new chicken piccata recipe the other night. It was very easy. Everyone loved it. The only thing I found was the angel hair cooked almost immediately, not 7-8 minutes. When I added the cream cheese it got all pasty and did not mix well. I have made the one pot creamy pasta dozen of times with no problem. I just think it is to heavy to mix with a lighter pasta.
I am going to try it again, only instead of using the cream cheese, add a bit of heavy cream to give it a thicker sauce. Also, did not add the capers. I knew the family would complain and try to pick them out. :yuck:
Any good substitutes/suggestions?

Did you use fresh angelhair pasta or dried?

lisasfuncooking said:
I made the new chicken piccata recipe the other night. It was very easy. Everyone loved it. The only thing I found was the angel hair cooked almost immediately, not 7-8 minutes. When I added the cream cheese it got all pasty and did not mix well. I have made the one pot creamy pasta dozen of times with no problem. I just think it is to heavy to mix with a lighter pasta.
I am going to try it again, only instead of using the cream cheese, add a bit of heavy cream to give it a thicker sauce. Also, did not add the capers. I knew the family would complain and try to pick them out. :yuck:
Any good substitutes/suggestions?

I encountered the same problem with the Angel Hair pasta using dried pasta. I may try it next time with fettucine or linguine to see how it comes out.

I used linguini and had to add more chicken broth in order to get the pasta done. it took forever to cook.

My son cannot have gluten or corn, so I'm going to try this with Rice noodles. Since you just soak those in hot water until they're soft, I'll probably just heat up the chicken broth and pour it over them to soften them, and then continue with the regular instructions for the recipe. Not sure yet if I'll use the capers or not. They are pretty pricey around here, and I can imagine alot of my hosts not wanting to purchase them, or not being able to find them.

I used dried angel hair, not fresh. I am very picky when choosing what pasta to use with what sauce. I love all the different varieties of pasta. Unfortunately, my husband (non Italian) doesn't have the slightest clue why everything doesn't work with spaghetti. I love confusing him by buying non traditional pastas then calling it by its Italian name. His confused look is priceless.:D
I will try it again substituting it with heavy cream YUM! Just the word makes me hungry. On second thought, I am going to make it again tonight. Will let you know how it turns out.

ChefBeckyD said:
My son cannot have gluten or corn, so I'm going to try this with Rice noodles. Since you just soak those in hot water until they're soft, I'll probably just heat up the chicken broth and pour it over them to soften them, and then continue with the regular instructions for the recipe. Not sure yet if I'll use the capers or not. They are pretty pricey around here, and I can imagine alot of my hosts not wanting to purchase them, or not being able to find them.

I made it without the capers and didn't miss them.

O.K follow up! Made it again tonight. Except I did not use the cream cheese. I added a bit of heavy cream to thicken it up. I liked it so much more this way. :thumbup:And it did not come out pasty. Also, I added Shitake mushrooms. I love mushrooms and thought it would absorb some of the broth.
Of course, the entire dinner conversation from my husband was, why I didn't use spaghetti. Did I not predict this! :rolleyes: See post #6. Couldn't help chuckle during dinner.

ChefBeckyD said:

Of course, I have to respond when there's any mention of M, right?!:love::love:

Actually, I wanted to say I love capers, so would never miss a chance to use them in a recipe. I haven't looked at this one closely (again, to lazy to reach over to get the SBRC), so don't know how much is required. If it's less than a jar, couldn't you buy the jar and bring it with you to your shows? Tax right off, save the hosts money, and get to use (what I think is) a yummy ingredient.

Do you think if you melted the cream cheese a little it would blend better?

ChefBeckyD said:
You can find them more inexpensively in the aisle with the pasta instead of in the condiments aisle. That's where I found them at Meijer and they were like half the price of the first jar I picked up.

leftymac said:
I made it without the capers and didn't miss them.

OMG, the saltiness of the capers made it SOOOOOOOOOOO good!

I used dried angel hair but used the whole 16 oz box instead of just 12 oz--I can't stand having little bits of pasta left in the box. I used the low fat cream cheese. It turned out great, not pasty at all. I also chopped the artichokes with the Food Chopper instead of quartering them. My 6 yo was helping and I wouldn't let him use a knife, so he suggested we use the Chopper. So I suppose I should say that HE chopped them, not me.

pampchefsarah said:
Of course, I have to respond when there's any mention of M, right?!:love::love:

Actually, I wanted to say I love capers, so would never miss a chance to use them in a recipe. I haven't looked at this one closely (again, to lazy to reach over to get the SBRC), so don't know how much is required. If it's less than a jar, couldn't you buy the jar and bring it with you to your shows? Tax right off, save the hosts money, and get to use (what I think is) a yummy ingredient.

It calls for 1/4 cup so you pretty much need the whole jar. Unless you found a jar of them at Costco. :D

Giant jar of capers at Costco is about $5. I have that jar. Love capers!

Rosechef said:
Giant jar of capers at Costco is about $5. I have that jar. Love capers!

That is good to know. Love Costco.....BECKY! Time for a Costco trip!

Now if only I lived in an area that had Costco's. I live in Sam's Club land - guess I'd have to see if they have them. Aren't they salty fish? Doesnt sound appetizing but your all in aww of them so I think I need to try them.

Melissa78 said:
Now if only I lived in an area that had Costco's. I live in Sam's Club land - guess I'd have to see if they have them. Aren't they salty fish? Doesnt sound appetizing but your all in awe of them so I think I need to try them.

no, no. those are anchovies. Capers are actually like veggies, near the pickles usually. I think they are actually flowers. They are sorta strong tasting, like salty maybe. But I never eat them by themselves. Just a little bit adds an indefinable flavor to a lot of dishes. I never used to use them, but my sweetie loves them and they do add a lot when the recipe calls for them. A lot of pasta dishes have them, and Nicoise Salad, my fave.

Funny, I used to think Sam's club and costco were the same thing, but they have both here, I guess Sam's is somehow related to walmart??

I followed the recipe (used dried angel hair pasta) except I added a bit more cream cheese. My husband loved it! This is definitely a recipe that I prepare again! :chef:

1. What is "theNew Chicken Piccata"?

"TheNew Chicken Piccata" is a delicious and easy-to-make dish from Pampered Chef that features tender chicken breast, tangy lemon and caper sauce, and savory garlic mashed potatoes.

2. Is it difficult to prepare "theNew Chicken Piccata"?

Not at all! With the help of Pampered Chef's step-by-step instructions, anyone can make this dish in under 30 minutes. Plus, all the ingredients are pre-measured and ready to use, making it even easier to prepare.

3. Can I customize the recipe to my dietary needs?

Yes, "theNew Chicken Piccata" is customizable to fit your dietary needs. The recipe can be modified to be gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegetarian by substituting certain ingredients or using alternative cooking methods.

4. How many servings does "theNew Chicken Piccata" make?

This dish serves 4-6 people, depending on portion size. It's perfect for a family dinner or for entertaining guests.

5. Are the ingredients for "theNew Chicken Piccata" fresh?

Yes, all the ingredients for this dish are fresh, high-quality, and sourced from trusted suppliers. Pampered Chef values using fresh ingredients in all of our recipes to ensure the best taste and quality for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
rennea