• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Teacher Appreciation Week Raffle: PC Product or Gift Cert.? Our Expert Opinion!

In summary, a gift certificate is a good option because it is customizable and the recipient can use it for half-priced items or a 20% discount for a year.
TheChaoticCook
I'm planning on donating either a PC product OR a PC gift cert. redeemable only to me for my DS's preschool teacher appreciation week raffle. I was leaning towards a $20 or $25 gift cert. from me as maybe I'd get more than the gc sale. I have last months host special of bamboo cheese board w/petite cranberry squares that I'd donate if I went with the product. What do you ladies/gents think?

Go for the gift certificate.

I concur. (Did I spell that right?)

GC all the way! You get commission on it when redeemed, and maybe the winner will buy more or HOST a show!

is it tacky to attach the gc to a catalog? How would you suggest packaging it?

GC & you could package it nice w/the catalog. People do it all the time at the Junior League auctions.

Go w/the gift certificate...punch a hole in it and a catalog, then tie with a pretty ribbon....maybe add your business card too.

I offerred my own $20 GC drawing at a recent fair. When I called the winner, I told her she could apply the $20 towards a purchase, but if she hosted a show (cooking or catalog), I would give her $25 in free product instead. She opted for the catalog show...and then actually did two of them. :) (She also became a friend, so that was an added bonus!)

leggy

legacypc46 said:
Go w/the gift certificate...punch a hole in it and a catalog, then tie with a pretty ribbon....maybe add your business card too.

I offerred my own $20 GC drawing at a recent fair. When I called the winner, I told her she could apply the $20 towards a purchase, but if she hosted a show (cooking or catalog), I would give her $25 in free product instead. She opted for the catalog show...and then actually did two of them. :) (She also became a friend, so that was an added bonus!)

leggy

super idea!! Thanks to all for the imput!!

Its funny you are doing this- I JUST got a call this morning asking for a donation. So I did a $20 g.c. only redeemable through me, and would do the same with the teacher that gets it- ask to host a show. :)

When you offer the choice, do so very casually. I'm convinced part of the reason my friend went for the show was because there was no pressure from me (I didn't want her to think I was being gimmicky).

leggy

Can someone post the gift certificate they used? I'd like to not have to create something. Thanks....

I would also like to see a copy of a homemade gift cerificate! Anybody have one they would like to share?

I do a gift cert for $15-20 or $95 in free product plus half-priced items, 20% discount plus 10% discount for a year - yes, an ad for the winner to turn their gift into a booking for me.

I've had one of 5 take me up on the show, 2 do a gift cert (for a much larger purchase) and the other 2 never redeemed - no harm no foul

When you do a gift certificate, do you make up your own? How does this work?

I went to Office Depot and bought them. I split the pack with my recruit since we didn't think we'd need a lot. I think in Publisher you can make one, or just google gift cetificate template. Also, I've seen others who make one on VistaPrint. So you end up with 100 but thats ok. :) They come with envelopes too.

I would do the gift certificate. Even if it does not generate additional sales at that time at least they will have to contact you to redeem it.

Here is one that I print myself.

Attachments

• GIFT CERTIFICATE.doc
    212.5 KB · Views: 582
Here are a few I have in my files... You can just change the info. They are done in word..:chef:

Attachments

• General Gift Certificate postcard sizeexample.doc
    37 KB · Views: 633
  • gc2.doc
    337.5 KB · Views: 234

What is the Teacher Appreciation Week Raffle?

The Teacher Appreciation Week Raffle is a special event organized by Pampered Chef to show our appreciation for teachers and all that they do for our children.

What products or gift certificates can be won in the raffle?

The raffle prizes consist of various Pampered Chef products and gift certificates that can be redeemed for any product of the winner's choice.

How can I enter the raffle?

To enter the raffle, you can purchase a raffle ticket from a Pampered Chef consultant or host a party with a minimum sales amount to receive a free raffle ticket.

When is the raffle drawing?

The raffle drawing will take place during Teacher Appreciation Week, which is typically in May. The exact date will be announced closer to the event.

Can anyone participate in the raffle?

Yes, anyone can participate in the raffle by purchasing a raffle ticket or hosting a party with a minimum sales amount. However, only residents of the United States and Canada are eligible to win prizes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PCGINA
  • its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies