• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprised by Political Threads? Focus on Business Growth at Chef Success

In summary, there have been more political threads lately on this forum, which has caused some members to complain about their businesses. I believe that if members were focused on their businesses instead of discussing politics, there would be less threads about "Help, my business is failing, I have no bookings on my calendar, etc."
mrssyvo
with the threads that have been on here lately. I was raised to believe that in social situations, do not discuss politics, etc. Yes, it is an election year, but there are forums specifically for this. I was under the impression that Chef Success was for PC consultants to to use to improve their business, share ideas, etc. I think if more members were working their business instead of trying to make a political statement, there would be a lot less threads about "Help, my business is failing, I have no bookings on my calendar, etc" JMO.

IMO many people turn to this forum for socializing, emotional support in times of happiness and pain, and to simply be heard. Sometimes some or all of those outlets are missing locally. I think after the election, we'll get back to the usual balance of posts. That cannot happen soon enough :)

People who are focused on their business will succeed, regardless of how much time they spend on other topics. I work full-time, have a child and 2 dogs, involvement in other activities, stick my nose into way too many OT threads, and still have a growing PC business.

Susan, I was just making an observation, not trying to start another argument. It seems lately that people have been responding just to fuel the flames.

I have to agree with Susan. This is a forum "for Pampered Chef consultants" not a Pampered Chef company forum. We are together because of what we have in common - Pampered Chef.If the political threads were in the Bookings section vs. the Lounge there would be a problem. I am on a board for ham operators on occasion and the same thing happened there...although I don't participate in those - they get downright rude and nasty rather than discuss things. I've never heard any woman much less Sarah Palin called such nasty things as I did on there. They finally made a political section and put moderators in place.Anyway, politics and the economy is VERY relevant to our daily businesses if you know the impacts. I found that in PC you NEED to know what is happening in the world and around you to be able to relate to your customers.Things will balance out again as Susan says, but this is an election year - this is important. We've discussed TV shows and the Olympics as much as politics on here. I believe MOST of who have posted in the political thread are growing their businesses...Becky is about to promote to Director, Beth is a Director, I don't do many shows a month (by choice) but I have a new recruit during this time. Busy people get more done.Those who are complaining about their businesses I believe would be doing so even if there were zero political threads. It's not about the topics on here, it's about what they are doing in their personal lives....just my opinion... :)

mrssyvo said:
Susan, I was just making an observation, not trying to start another argument. It seems lately that people have been responding just to fuel the flames.

I agree 110%

You know, Sue, I had tried to answer some questions that people had with some facts (and documentation), then tried to move on...many times, check out my "view more posts" link! It didn't work. I just wanted to move to a more positive place -- but since it's not going in that direction, I will leave it to the others to hash it out.

I wanted to get back to business long ago! I whole heartedly agree with you, sistah!

Sue I agree with you. I personally could care less about anyone else's personal political views. So I just skip those threads and read the ones that I feel will enhance my business.

Susan613, I agree with you..I come to CS to see what others are doing, what's going on in everyone's lives, in ADDITION to enhancing my biz. I am not struggling one bit, and I do agree also that if you are working your business consistently it doesn't matter if you get distracted by certain other threads, political or otherwise.

I do think lately that we are all taking posts way way way too personally, not just on the poli front, but other aspects as well. I say we all just lighten up and let it roll.

mrssyvo said:

I don't think Susan 613 was starting an argument either!
That is what I was saying in my last post about everyone taking things WAY too personally. Susan was just stating an opposing opinion and it is viewed as starting something or a personal attack.

mrssyvo said:
with the threads that have been on here lately. I was raised to believe that in social situations, do not discuss politics, etc. Yes, it is an election year, but there are forums specifically for this. I was under the impression that Chef Success was for PC consultants to to use to improve their business, share ideas, etc. I think if more members were working their business instead of trying to make a political statement, there would be a lot less threads about "Help, my business is failing, I have no bookings on my calendar, etc" JMO.

That sounds a bit harsh to me. Just because someone reads or participates in a thread doesn't mean they are neglecting their business. We are all independent consultants and that means we are our own boss. How we choose to spend our time is our decision. And just because there are threads about people struggling, it doesn't mean that those people are slacking off. We shouldn't judge peoples struggles in this business. The economy is making things hard for many people. Also, it's hard to find hosts due to the "home show" stigma sometimes. People coming here and posting asking for help, to me shows that they care about their business and are looking for ideas and support.

No kidding! Just because we're consultants doesn't mean we ignore everything that's going on in the world :)

mrssyvo said:

Amen, Sistah!!!

babywings76 said:
That sounds a bit harsh to me. Just because someone reads or participates in a thread doesn't mean they are neglecting their business. We are all independent consultants and that means we are our own boss. How we choose to spend our time is our decision. And just because there are threads about people struggling, it doesn't mean that those people are slacking off. We shouldn't judge peoples struggles in this business. The economy is making things hard for many people. Also, it's hard to find hosts due to the "home show" stigma sometimes. People coming here and posting asking for help, to me shows that they care about their business and are looking for ideas and support.

Hathery said:
No kidding! Just because we're consultants doesn't mean we ignore everything that's going on in the world :)

I agree. . We are a community of consultants who talk about all things not just our business. I have a lot more going on in my life other than PC.

As far as those complaining about their busines not being in other threads would help their busines: I haven't had time to be on here as much as I normally am here lately and my business is still struggling at times when people are afraid to spend money b/c they do not know where our economy will be from day to day - it has nothing to do with my time on here.

janetupnorth said:
I have to agree with Susan. This is a forum "for Pampered Chef consultants" not a Pampered Chef company forum. We are together because of what we have in common - Pampered Chef.

If the political threads were in the Bookings section vs. the Lounge there would be a problem. I am on a board for ham operators on occasion and the same thing happened there...although I don't participate in those - they get downright rude and nasty rather than discuss things. I've never heard any woman much less Sarah Palin called such nasty things as I did on there. They finally made a political section and put moderators in place.

Anyway, politics and the economy is VERY relevant to our daily businesses if you know the impacts. I found that in PC you NEED to know what is happening in the world and around you to be able to relate to your customers.

Things will balance out again as Susan says, but this is an election year - this is important. We've discussed TV shows and the Olympics as much as politics on here.

I believe MOST of who have posted in the political thread are growing their businesses...Becky is about to promote to Director, Beth is a Director, I don't do many shows a month (by choice) but I have a new recruit during this time. Busy people get more done.

Those who are complaining about their businesses I believe would be doing so even if there were zero political threads. It's not about the topics on here, it's about what they are doing in their personal lives.

...just my opinion... :)

Well said, Janet! :)

mrssyvo said:

What I have read in the political threads have lead me to believe this as well. I feel some people keep putting their opinions on threads knowing they will not change anyones mind, but just to push their political party.

I am a registered voter and vote at each election, but I don't feel it necessary to push my ideals on others.

tlag1986 said:
What I have read in the political threads have lead me to believe this as well. I feel some people keep putting their opinions on threads knowing they will not change anyones mind, but just to push their political party.

I am a registered voter and vote at each election, but I don't feel it necessary to push my ideals on others.

I feel this exact way about a topic other than politics as well. I have learned to just keep my mouth shut because I can not state my opinion without someone trying to change it. I wish we could just respect the fact that we all feel strongly and are doing our best to be good citiczens and live a good life. Oh if only it were enough.....

As it has been discussed on this board before--no one is twisting anyone's arm in reading all the topics and no one is twisting anyone's arm in replying. I try to stay away from topics that I don't want to get upset over and/or flaming.

I pick and choose which ones I want to read and if I think I can help or need more info I respond or post.

There is still lots of good things on here. I don't always get to come on everyday like I used to but when I do I try to capture things of interest.

I like the way this board is set up so you can pick the topics of interest that you want and don't have to scroll down and open all of them to find out what someone is talking about.

All of need an outlet and this happens to be a great place to go to learn, share and help one another.

I understand your frustration Susan, but that is why these topics are in "The Lounge"...you don't go there looking for help with your business~you go there to socialize.

tlag1986 said:

Oh how I wish the media felt the same way:)!

I'm right there with you Sue. I'll be glad when the election is over (well, I may also be seriously frightened...but that is as political as I'll get here!)

I think the point that was being made is...since the MAIN reason for CS is to help our business we should not have so many OT threads. I hate looking at new posts & only 2 out of 20 are PC biz related. Then all the personal attacks get started & it is very hard to "read emotions" via typing. I know that we all have our opinions & that is what makes us who we are, however, I agree that CS needs to be about support of our biz & not so much OT things.

All of the OT threads (or almost all anyway) are in the Chefs Lounge.

Don't visit the Chef's Lounge if you are just looking for info on your business. It's that simple.
I think people get over-sensitive. Really, Out of hundreds of threads, there are maybe 3-4 threads on here right now that could be considered volatile in nature. It's only a big deal of you make it a big deal.....

I am not making it a big deal, I never intended my comment to be a deal at all- I was just making an observation.

Hey, Sue is just stating an opinion and has said that is what it is in her first post -- "I was raised to believe", "I think", "I was under the impression" -- all opinions....cut her some slack!:)

jwpamp said:
Hey, Sue is just stating an opinion and has said that is what it is in her first post -- "I was raised to believe", "I think", "I was under the impression" -- all opinions....cut her some slack!:)

I don't think anyone was attacking Sue for posting. Just as she stated an opinion people said "generally" to look elsewhere, do this, do that...all opinions too.

I don't think anyone has anything against Sue or her post. I know I don't. We were just expressing other opinions too.

What is "I Am Surprised..."?

"I Am Surprised..." is a line of kitchen tools and gadgets created by Pampered Chef. They are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient.

What makes "I Am Surprised..." different from other kitchen tools?

One of the main differences is the quality and durability of the products. "I Am Surprised..." tools are made with high-quality materials that are designed to last. They also often have unique features and designs that make them stand out from other kitchen tools.

Are "I Am Surprised..." products only for professional chefs?

No, "I Am Surprised..." products are designed for anyone who loves to cook and wants to make their cooking experience easier and more enjoyable. They are user-friendly and can be used by both beginner and experienced cooks.

Can I purchase "I Am Surprised..." products online?

Yes, "I Am Surprised..." products can be purchased online through the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant. They are also available for purchase at select retail locations.

What is the return policy for "I Am Surprised..." products?

Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee for all their products, including "I Am Surprised..." items. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Admin Greg
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila