1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Stealing a recruit?

1. augmommychef

augmommychef Novice Member Silver Member

Okay, as I was walking my two month old for what seemed like FOREVER today I get a random phone call from a past host. She was a host of mine from last October. No real contact since then except for some emails regarding my newsletter. Apparently she met another PC consultant at a festival a few weeks ago and hosted a show for her. She was also very interested in the business and was going to sign up (had 4 bookings at the show which the consultant was willing to give her as a start-up). However, her experience with the consultant has not been very positive. She said that the consultant was very "short" with her guests and was easily frustrated with the amount of talking during her demo...even rolling her eyes at the some of the questions she was asked. Also, some of her guests were very unhappy with this consultant's service. Long story short, this host does not want to sign up under this consultant because she is afraid that she will not provide the guidance and support she needs. So, she called me to see if she can sign up under me. I would love to have her on my team of course but would like to approach this as "politically correct" as possible. How would you deal with this situation?

Jun 25, 2009
  2. Patty Davis

Patty Davis Member

If she is unhappy with the other person, that is not your problem. It is not like you do not have a connection with this person. Go for it and congrats!

Jun 25, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

It's her choice of who she signs up with. I basically did the same thing when I signed up. The only consultant I knew wasn't a very good consultant so I found someone else.

Jun 25, 2009
  4. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

It is her choice. She is unhappy and she contacted you. If you want her on your team, then go for it - she is going to sign with someone else so it might as well be you.

Jun 25, 2009
  5. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I wouldn't feel bad...she was your host first anyway, right??

AND she should NOT sign under someone she is uncomfortable with.

Jun 25, 2009
  6. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

You are just fine signing her. Her friends can still host with her as well not the other consultant.

Jun 25, 2009
  7. Robynchefcanada

Robynchefcanada Member

don't worry about it!!!

8. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

The bookings follow the Host not the Consultant! Go for it! This Consultant was way out of line!

Jun 26, 2009
  9. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

You're fine. She sought you out. You didn't hunt her down and talk her out of signing with the other person.

Jun 26, 2009
  10. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

Agreed! I recently had someone who had been a consultant before, but had bad experience with her director (recruiter) and we really hit it off! She WOULD NOT have signed up under her prior director again, but DID want to sign up under me!

She approached you, and she was your host first. I say you're fine, enjoy!

Jun 26, 2009
  11. taterbug

taterbug Member

I had a similiar experience with a host. She had booked a show under a different consultant but when she found out that I was selling PC, she cancelled her show and booked one with me. At the time she booked with me I truly did not know about the other show/consultant and when I did find out, I felt bad about it. I even called my recruiter and asked her if I would get in trouble for taking the show.
    The host did not like the way the consultant conducted the show she had attended (and booked from). The host is a picky eater and had asked the consultant if they could leave things like tomatoes, peppers, etc. out of the recipe and just use them as side items for people to add as they wanted and the consultant told her that they had to make the recipe exactly as it was written. I think they made one of the pizzas.
    Anyway, there was nothing I could do about it, but take the show, which ended up being an $1100 show. I guess it pays to be nice, courteous and accomodating to all of your customers.

Jun 26, 2009
  12. augmommychef

augmommychef Novice Member Silver Member

thanks for the input everybody! I spoke with my director and as soon as I mentioned the consultant's name she immediately knew what the situation was. So, she said that we are looking out for the recruit and it should be no problem! she signed today! wahoo! what a great way to end the week :)

Jun 27, 2009
Have something to add?