• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sparkle Up! Make Edible Glitter in 10 Mins

In summary, to make edible glitter using the Sparkle Up! kit, empty the contents into a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of water, spread the mixture onto a baking sheet, bake for 10 minutes, let it cool, and break into small pieces. It is safe to consume, but not recommended for those with allergies. It can be used on a variety of foods and can last up to 6 months if stored properly. Different colors can also be mixed together for custom colors.
I've seen this and it is cool but I worry that once a small child has had this they might not realize that other glitter is not edible and try to eat that too...

Actually, I'm not sure about this – has anybody tried it? The original "glitter" recipe I saw used salt, and I get the impression this is one of those things that changed on the internet. It seems to me the sugar would melt...

I wondered the same thing... here's a site with step by step instructions, using sugar and the oven at a low temperature. http://quick-dish.tablespoon.com/2012/12/05/how-to-make-edible-glitter/

I can't see how salt would be a good choice - you wouldn't eat salt on top of cupcakes, etc.

I don't think melting would be a problem with the sugar, it doesn't melt when you roll cookies in it before you bake them.

I like to put a bit of glitz on my cake & cupcakes and will try this. Cheaper than buying it in the grocery aisle!

They weren't originally marketing it as edible. Anyway, let us know if you try it!

1. How do I make edible glitter using the Sparkle Up! kit?

To make edible glitter using the Sparkle Up! kit, simply follow these steps:
1. Empty the contents of the kit into a bowl.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix well.
3. Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Let the mixture cool and then break it into small pieces.
6. Use the glitter pieces to decorate your food or drinks!

2. Is the edible glitter safe to consume?

Yes, the Sparkle Up! kit is made with all natural ingredients and is safe for consumption. However, it is not recommended for those with allergies to any of the ingredients listed on the packaging. Always check the ingredients list before consuming.

3. What types of food can I use the edible glitter on?

The Sparkle Up! kit is versatile and can be used on a variety of foods such as cakes, cookies, cupcakes, drinks, and more! You can even mix it into your frosting or sprinkle it on top of your food for an extra touch of sparkle.

4. How long does the edible glitter last?

If stored in an airtight container, the edible glitter can last up to 6 months. However, for the best results, it is recommended to use it within 3 months.

5. Can I mix different colors of edible glitter together?

Yes, you can mix different colors of edible glitter together to create a custom color. Simply mix the glitter pieces together before using them to decorate your food. You can also layer different colors on top of each other for a more vibrant look.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC