• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Serrated or Vegetable Peeler??

Jillmami

Oct 29, 2009
Which is better to recommend to someone who definitely does NOT want to buy both peelers? She usually peels potatoes/apples/cukes/zucchini.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
For those I recommend the Vegetable Peeler. The Serrated Peeler is really for softer fruits like peaches, plums, and nectarines.

etteluap70PC

Legacy Member
Gold Member
May 24, 2005
if we still had the old peeler I would say Veg, but now that I have the Serrated that is my "GO to" peeler. I find that my Veg peeler is really dull unless I use it left handed. Maybe it's just mine but I LOVE the serrated peeler!

cookingwithdot

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2009
I LOVE the vegetable peeler and I use it for everything. :)

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
If possible, I'd let her try both and choose the one she prefers better. With those types of items, the type of blade doesn't really matter quite as much, both will do the job, but she may not like how the serrated peeler is held or she might love it.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
if we still had the old peeler I would say Veg, but now that I have the Serrated that is my "GO to" peeler. I find that my Veg peeler is really dull unless I use it left handed. Maybe it's just mine but I LOVE the serrated peeler!

I agree! LOVE the serrated peeler!

Jinkies

Oct 7, 2008
I say the veggie peeler. I find that it takes a couple more times to peel carrots with the serrated. I'm with raebates and cookingwithdot!

Pampered Jean

Novice Member
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2009
Serrated Peeler!! I use it for everything! It seems to take less effort than the veggie peeler. Definitely let the guest try both if possible, not everyone adjusts well to holding their peeler differently.

lauriedip

Apr 2, 2009
serrated peeler ! I use it for everything. guess it's a personal choice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedChefTerri
Replies
Views
PC Angel
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views