• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Say Goodbye to Internet Withdrawal: Switching Providers on Oct. 25!

In summary, the man's internet went down for five and half days and when it was fixed, his hands were shaking and his eyes were bloodshot. He was mad because he had to take his laptop to his sister-in-law's house to send in his shows. He switched to another internet provider and is party planning at his house on October 24.
Kitchen2u
Man, it was KILLING me! My internet provider was down since last Friday! Five and half days without...EEKS! Afer MANY stories...and me yelling at them...they finally fixed it today.

But the withdrawl symptoms were just AWFUL!

My hands are shaking anymore...my eyes are bloodshot ~ but I'm back on ~ PHEW ! ! ! Had to take my laptop to my SIL's on Sunday to submite my shows ~ glad for the laptop and her wireless!

Guess what...come October 25 ~ this house is going to have a new internet provider!!! Dumping these guys...telephone and internet ~ goodbye! Party's at my house October 24!

Who is your internet provider???

Frontier ~ but NOT on Oct 25...it WILL be Comcast. Taking 3 weeks for Frontier to release our phone #! Probably cuz they're losing a lot of business where I live...until recently, they were our only carrier (was Citizen when we moved in 9 years ago). Back then, we would be luckly if we HAD phone service, they sucked so much. Our city was growing so fast back then they couldn't keep up with the growth...it was BAD!

Here's the long story of what happened this past week:
~ Friday, I'm working on the internet..all of a sudden...poof, it's gone. Thinking I just lost my wireless connection. So I thought it was a good stopping point anyway. When my DH came home, told him I "thought" the internet was down...yep,, it was.
~ DH calls Frontier...nope nothing wrong with your area...after being on the phone with them for 2 hours...it must be a cable or something on our end. "We'll send someone out on Monday Oct 1 @ 6 PM."
~ I get home from my show that night..."what? Monday? Are you kidding me? I have shows to send in!" Oh well, nothing I (or he) can do about that, live with it Ginny...
~ Over the weekend...DYING, no internet!
~ Monday comes and goes...no one. Waited til about 8 PM (thinking maybe my DH didn't hear them correctly..."coming BETWEEN 6 and blank" time. Call Frontier...sorry you'll have to call tomorrow.
~ Call Tuesday morning ~ "oh the main office is all down currently ~ that's probably the problem...no ETA of when it will come back up"
~ Call Wed..."no, all services are back up ~ have been for 14 hours" What? "Everything on our end checks out ok...it's on your end" Well, duh! Yu were suppose to be out here Mon...no one came. Explained we were told everyone was out on Tuesday, no ETA...here's the open ticket #. "OH....will someone be home tomorrow between 8-12 PM?" Nope...you WILL come between 2-5 tomorrow!!!! Poor lady, it wasn't her fault, but her tone of voice and accusations weren't helping either...she got the brundt of it, that's for sure.
~ Thur...about 3 PM a WEIRDO calls and say he'll be there between 3:30-3:45. I get a bad feeling...and tell my DH to come home from work NOW. He got home, but I had to leave to pick up my DD. My DH say he WAS WIERD. My instincts were right on. DH actually called Frontier and complained about him. My DS said he seemed like he was a creack head.
~ So last night, DH spent time reseaching who we were going to switch to...
End of story....

Good to see you Ginny! Sorry you had to be without a connection for so long--no fun!

Ginny,
That sounds so much like what happened to me not to long ago. Unfortunatly Frontier is the only phone company here. They really got their butts in gear when I told them I was going to cancel my internet and I was not going to pay the cancelation fee because they broke thier end of the contract by not keeping my internet up.

Jennie ~ Frontier USED to be our only provider (phone/internet combo thing) but now we have options...phew!

We missed your wise wisdom Ginny! Glad to have you back. We switched our phone and internet to ATT&T. We were paying $45.00 a month for cable internet from insight. Now we have phone and DSL internet for the same price as what our phone was and I don't notice any speed difference.

Ann R.

Just sent you a PM, hope that is ok.
I dumped cable after a serious problem--husband works at home too.Can't be without the 'net.Mary G. Betz
aka Gwen in l.a.

Related to Say Goodbye to Internet Withdrawal: Switching Providers on Oct. 25!

1. What is the significance of October 25th for switching internet providers?

October 25th marks the date when the Internet Service Provider (ISP) contracts will expire for many subscribers. This means that customers will have the opportunity to switch to a new provider without penalty or early termination fees.

2. How can I switch to a new internet provider on October 25th?

To switch to a new internet provider, you can simply contact the new company and sign up for their services. Many ISPs offer easy online sign-up processes, or you can also call their customer service line for assistance.

3. Will there be any fees for switching to a new internet provider on October 25th?

No, there will not be any fees or penalties for switching to a new internet provider on October 25th. This is because your current contract will have expired, allowing you to switch without any financial consequences.

4. Can I keep my current internet equipment when switching providers on October 25th?

It depends on the provider you are switching to. Some ISPs may require you to use their own equipment, while others may allow you to keep your current equipment. It's best to check with the new provider before making the switch.

5. Will there be any downtime when switching to a new internet provider on October 25th?

In most cases, there should not be any downtime when switching to a new internet provider on October 25th. However, there may be a short period of time (usually a few hours) where your internet service is temporarily unavailable while the switch is being made. Your new provider will inform you of any potential downtime.

Back