• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to Unleash Your Inner Chef with Our Roasting Pan?

In summary, Jenny saw a black and yellow striped spider in her yard. She Googled it and found out it was a common garden spider. She is not a fan of spiders, but she does not kill them.
DebPC
Staff member
Uses For Our Roasting PanUse this to also get your team excited about Sept. Can't take credit for this one except I knew enough to save it in my files.

Yes this is a good one (I am pretty sure it was someone on Chef Success). I use this from time to time too - cookware sale, fairs... It will definitely be at my September shows!

Thanks for bringing it to the top again.

WHat's funny is I originally made this one and it looks like the font made it to that one!!

I was in my yard a little bit ago and thought I saw a bumble bee. I realized it was a black and yellow striped spider. It had the perfectly designed spiders web, with long, hairy jointed legs. Anyone have any idea what kind it might be? I've never seen one like it before. I'm in Minnesota if that gives any clue.

--Jenny L

Black and Yellow Argiope Spider

http://www.extension.umn.edu/yardandgarden/YGLNews/images/BIGSPider.JPG

Was it this?

Wow! That could be it! I'll go take another look. Are they harmful? It's located just off the back porch steps.

--Jenny L

Man, I really dislike spiders!

I went back out and looked. That is the spider. I googled it, pretty creepy when you see 10 of them on the page! They say they lay their eggs in the fall, do I want to leave them be or kill them? They're called garden spiders.

--Jenny L

Now I'll have the heebie jeebies all night! LOL! If they're not posionous and they are OUTSIDE, I do leave them alone. They're great for catching the "other" unwanted bugs....

It is that time for spiders again. My house and yard seem to be under attack. There have been several people I know who have received a lovely bite. My daughter pulled a pair of pants out of the closet, put them on and when she put her hand in the back to fix the band she got bit. Not a poison spider, but it still hurts to be bit. I think when the boys go to Colorado next week I will fog the house and see if I can get rid of them.

Attachments

• OnenightinNovember.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 216
  • OnenightinNovember.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 207
  • OnenightinNovember.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 210
you should google cat faced spiders and look at the pic we had 2 of those in the crack of our shade thiningy over our back porch

we have some HUGE spiders crawling around our house it drives me nuts my DH swears they are hobo spiders the other day he had one bigger then a quarter on his leg i about died. I am sure they are not hobo spiders though it seems every spider he sees is a hobo.

Admin Greg said:
Black and Yellow Argiope Spider

http://www.extension.umn.edu/yardandgarden/YGLNews/images/BIGSPider.JPG

Was it this?

My parents had one of these outside their house. I thought I was going to pass out when I saw it. My family teases me because I can't even tolerate fake spiders. That is my biggest fear ever!!! EEEWWWWW!!!!!!:yuck:

it is a common garden spider, they will not bite and they will not come inside
We have about 30 of them in all of our flower beds. they are huge. I have one in my Althea bush and every time a hummingbird comes he tries to lure her in.

If anyone saw Martha Stewart yesterday the state park with the famous web is 20 miles from here we camped there last weekend. oh my gosh the stench of dead bugs was unreal. I forget how big it is, it was on the news here for several days, seems like it is 300 yards wide.
We do however have black widows, we have to be careful when we are on our gazebo or patio and we frequently find them in our bathroom.

While I am not a fan of spiders...I do not kill them. I don't kill crickets either......actually all bugs are safe from me EXCEPT cockroaches. I have seen some HUGE roaches...some that actually fly and I cannot stand them. All roaches die at my home.................

The only good spider is a dead spider. Period. ICKY.

erinyourpclady said:
While I am not a fan of spiders...I do not kill them. I don't kill crickets either......actually all bugs are safe from me EXCEPT cockroaches. I have seen some HUGE roaches...some that actually fly and I cannot stand them. All roaches die at my home.................

Can I just say BORIC ACID!!!!!!!!:yuck:

I ended up taking down the web. The spider ran into the hostas to live another day.

Kristin, what's up with the boric acid? I agree with leaving them alone if they are outside, but inside I think they are fair game. If their bodies are small enough that I don't think they will splat!!!!

--Jenny L

I don't mind splat. I get a little oogy with crunch.

Related to Ready to Unleash Your Inner Chef with Our Roasting Pan?

1. What is "Spider Knowledge Anyone?"

"Spider Knowledge Anyone?" is a Pampered Chef product that includes a set of tools and recipes designed to help you make delicious and creative spider-shaped treats.

2. What tools are included in the "Spider Knowledge Anyone?" set?

The set includes a spider-shaped silicone mold, a decorating bag with a round tip, and a recipe book with step-by-step instructions on how to create various spider-shaped treats.

3. What types of treats can I make with this set?

With the "Spider Knowledge Anyone?" set, you can make a variety of treats such as spider-shaped brownies, cookies, cakes, and even savory dishes like quiches or pizzas.

4. Is the "Spider Knowledge Anyone?" set easy to use?

Yes, the set is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use. The recipes are simple and the tools are easy to handle, making it a fun activity for both adults and children.

5. Is the "Spider Knowledge Anyone?" set dishwasher safe?

Yes, all the tools included in the set are dishwasher safe, making clean up a breeze. Just make sure to place the silicone mold on the top rack of the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tlmcunning
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
  • Belle4562
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Belle4562