• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quirky and Hilarious Penguins on YouTube: A Must-See Nature Spoof by the BBC

In summary, the email said that there is a hilarious video of penguins and that the email is to sign up for more videos.
chefann
Gold Member
I get a daily email called Very Short List. Every day they send out a link to one cool website, book, video, etc. A couple of weeks ago there was a link to a New York Times web article about the Fold-Ins from Mad Magazine, with interactive examples.

Well, today's is a hilarious video!!

Here's what the email said:
March of the Penguins cemented penguins as the quirky waddling animals of choice — now the BBC has tweaked that formula with “Penguins,” a fun 90-second TV spot. Produced with the agency RKCR/Y&R, London, the spot promotes the BBC’s iPlayer by realizing a “Wouldn’t it be cool?” moment that must be every nature documentarian’s secret dream.

We won’t give away the joke, but the spot is unexpected and hilarious, and the cheery, learned presence of host Terry Jones, of Monty Python fame, adds a professional gloss to what is basically a high-concept gag — the BBC commissioned “Penguins” for April Fools’ Day.

Nature shows are great for all that “real science” they teach, but if the BBC could turn out features in the vein of this spoof, we’d gladly ignore any, uh, possible inaccuracies.

Penguins on You Tube

Awsome.. I wish i could fly to warm weather when it is cold here.

I LOVE that! :love:

There's a link to the "making of" video at the end of the one I linked to. I haven't had a chance to watch it, but will by the end of the week. It's just so cute to see those pudgy penguins in such a different situation than normal. :)

how do you get that email (very short list)? It sounds fun--way better than "hello, I am the deposed prince ______ from ______ and I need you to send money to me right away..." emails that I get, LOL!

Go here: http://veryshortlist.com/home/index.cfm
There's a link to sign up. (And the previous 3 items are on the main page, too. One's a novel that's written like a ransom note, with words cut from vintage magazines.)

1. What is "Cute Video!"?

"Cute Video!" is a video series produced by Pampered Chef that showcases fun and creative ways to use our kitchen products.

2. How often are new episodes of "Cute Video!" released?

New episodes of "Cute Video!" are released once a month on our official YouTube and social media channels.

3. Can I purchase the products featured in "Cute Video!"?

Yes, all the products used in "Cute Video!" are available for purchase through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Are the recipes in "Cute Video!" easy to follow?

Yes, we strive to make our recipes and kitchen tips in "Cute Video!" easy to follow and accessible to all skill levels.

5. Can I submit a request or suggestion for a future episode of "Cute Video!"?

Absolutely! We love hearing from our viewers and welcome any requests or suggestions for future episodes of "Cute Video!". You can submit your ideas through our website or social media channels.

Back