• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About Recruiting(I'm New)

In summary, the consultant suggests that the woman consider working a second shift to accommodate her schedule, or finding ways to do lunch-time shows for people who work first shift.
lockwoodPc
Hi I am a new consultant and i have someone that is interested in the business but says that she doesn't think that she would have the time since she works second shit? Any ideas of what to say to that? I know that she would be great at it but I just don't know how to go about it....

lockwoodPc said:
Hi I am a new consultant and i have someone that is interested in the business but says that she doesn't think that she would have the time since she works second shit? Any ideas of what to say to that? I know that she would be great at it but I just don't know how to go about it....

No problems. Now if she worked second SHIFT then maybe I could see the problem.

OK now.... if she works second then she still still has two night free? If she really wants to work the business then she will have to get creative and have two slots each Saturday to fill.

lockwoodPc said:

I know that is a typo but I am cracking up. I don't know how many times I accidentally hit an I instead of an O when I type "shot" (my company sells something called steel shot so I type this often). One day I realized I had hit an I instead of a U when I typed "ducks." That would have been nice in an email to the Vice President. Luckily I read over what I type.

As to your question, there are a lot of women who don't work because of children etc. I say she has 2 days off and on the days she isn't, she can look for ways to target stay at home moms, other 2nd shift workers...and puts her in a perfect position to do Business pampering. Like I said when I started....if it doesn't work, you haven't lost anything since you have all the product.

Since you are brand new I would speak to your Director and ask if she can talk to this girl. Maybe you can listen in so you can hear what she says.

thank you all... and I didn't even realize that I did that.... that is hilarious!!!!

The key is to find out why she thinks PC would be something for her then have her look honestly at her calendar to see realistically when she could do shows. She may be surprised at what she finds.

I always ask them when they are concerned about not having enought time: How much time do you think it takes? (WAIT, let them answer)

Then I always say: "The beauty of this business is you work when YOU want to! I have full-time, part-time, hobbyists and catalog only consultants on my team!"

She could also focus on doing "lunch" shows for people who work first shift. There are those people who don't have time in the evening but may love doing a show over their lunch hour. Plus weekend shows, catalog shows, etc all don't have anything to do with what shift she works.

wadesgirl said:
She could also focus on doing "lunch" shows for people who work first shift. There are those people who don't have time in the evening but may love doing a show over their lunch hour. Plus weekend shows, catalog shows, etc all don't have anything to do with what shift she works.

That is so awesome!!! Way to think poutside the box!

1. What is recruiting?

Recruiting is the process of finding and attracting qualified candidates for job openings within a company or organization.

2. What are the main steps involved in recruiting?

The main steps in recruiting include identifying job openings, creating job descriptions, sourcing and attracting candidates, screening and interviewing applicants, and making hiring decisions.

3. What skills are important for a recruiter to have?

Recruiters should have strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to network and build relationships. They should also be organized, detail-oriented, and have an understanding of the hiring process.

4. How can I improve my recruiting skills?

You can improve your recruiting skills by staying updated on industry trends and best practices, networking with other recruiters, and continuously learning about new recruiting tools and techniques.

5. Are there any legal considerations to keep in mind when recruiting?

Yes, there are many legal considerations in recruiting, including avoiding discrimination and ensuring compliance with equal employment opportunity laws. It is important to stay informed on these laws and consult with legal professionals when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Akpampered
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706