• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Put 8/27/07 on Your Calendar!!!

In summary, Kristin shared that the moon will be the brightest in the night sky on Aug. 27 and it will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will cultivate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles of earth.
chefkristin
Gold Member
Body: *Two moons on 27 August*

*27th Aug the Whole World is waiting for.............*

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky
starting August.

It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye.
This will cultivate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within
34.65M miles of earth. Be sure to watch the sky on Aug.
27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2 moons.
The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will
ever see it again.

How cool! I'm putting that on my calendar for sure! :) Thanks, Kristin!

I'm getting it on my calendar.

How cool. Thanks for sharing. I just marked it down on my calendar! :)

Way cool! Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks Kate, I can't believe I did not think to check snopes when I saw how "close" it was supposed to be to earth.

The only reason I checked it was that I had seen something similar a couple of years ago.

Doncha just hate when Snopes pops your balloon:mad:

OH GEEZE!!! Sorry all. I had no reason to think this would be on Snopes. It sounds real to me. :(

Doh!

I put it on my calendar this morning when I read your post!

It just amazes me that there are folks out there with nothing better to do than to make up stories like that!

Kristin~ Don't apologize! I thought it sounded real too!

Hey, Kristin, I love your new avatar. I think it looks more like the smiling woman I met at NC.

Bump!! Make sure to set your alarms to get up tonight to see this, 12:30am

jenniferknapp said:

This is shown by snopes to be a myth and not real. Don't bother staying up.

jenniferknapp said:

LOL! Jennifer...are you dying your roots brown???? (Just kidding of course!)

This is an internet falsehood - started around 2003 if I remember right...haven't read about it in awhile.

See snopes.com...

This really isn't happening...if it was, it would have been last night...

I did hear it was supposed to be a full moon and a lunar eclipse tonight or tomorrow?

Lunar eclipse in the am.

They said it should take place around 4 am and be done by sunrise.

PampMomof3 said:
They said it should take place around 4 am and be done by sunrise.
Guess I will be sleeping through that one....LOL!!!!:indif:

Yeah, me too. Off to bed now. Have to do this early morning routine now. Uh!:indif: :indif: :indif:

slept through it!!:indif:

so, i read that seeing mars was a myth. i told my husband and he was pretty bummed. we went to bed as normal. about 12:00 my daughter woke up crying. i went into rock her a minute. while i was sitting there i peeked out the window and saw 2 moons!! i couldn't believe it. so i went to the other window and still saw 2 moons!! i got my husband up and told him we had to go outside to look. went outside, 1 moon!!! i was embarrassed. it was a pretty moon though. :) so we went back inside and i look out the window again to make sure i wasn't crazy.....2 moons. he looked and saw 2 moons also. the window had made a very nice reflection!!!! so i was up and outside at 12. it was myth!! :(

PampMomof3 said:
Yeah, me too. Off to bed now. Have to do this early morning routine now. Uh!:indif: :indif: :indif:
That will be me tomorrow. I actually have to plans the lunches for a week! UUGGHH!! MY BABY IS GOING TO KINDERGARTEN! :(
I know I keep talking about it but it is so surreal. It seems like I just had him. My cousin said hold on to your hat soon he will be graduating high school and checking out colleges.:(

Well I woke up at 12:30....and didn't see 2 moons :( thanks for telling me now;)

Not Two Moons...But Beautiful!We woke up this morning at 4:00 with a call that my Mother-In-Law passed away after a horrendous last year dealing with Alzheimers/Dementia. We were sad and yet relieved that she wasn't suffering anymore. My husband and I couldn't sleep and around 5 or so I remembered that there was something going on with the moon at 5:15. When I looked out the window I told my husband I thought it was two moons today but I didn't see them. I decided since I was up I might as well takes some pictures of the beautiful full moon.

We went outside and saw the beginning of the eclipse!

We woke our children, Alyssa and Drew, up so they could share this extraordinary event as we spoke about how wonderful their Grandmother was and they will never forget her or probably this moment with the full eclipse. It was a peaceful, exciting, sad and emotion filled morning that we will always remember.

It was awesome.

I probably would have missed it if my Mother-In-Law passed any sooner or later.

Chefgirl2 said:
We woke up this morning at 4:00 with a call that my Mother-In-Law passed away after a horrendous last year dealing with Alzheimers/Dementia. We were sad and yet relieved that she wasn't suffering anymore. My husband and I couldn't sleep and around 5 or so I remembered that there was something going on with the moon at 5:15. When I looked out the window I told my husband I thought it was two moons today but I didn't see them. I decided since I was up I might as well takes some pictures of the beautiful full moon.

We went outside and saw the beginning of the eclipse!

We woke our children, Alyssa and Drew, up so they could share this extraordinary event as we spoke about how wonderful their Grandmother was and they will never forget her or probably this moment with the full eclipse. It was a peaceful, exciting, sad and emotion filled morning that we will always remember.

It was awesome.

I probably would have missed it if my Mother-In-Law passed any sooner or later.

Sorry to hear of your loss. It is really neat how you got to make it some good family time though!

Guess I missed it!!

Related to Put 8/27/07 on Your Calendar!!!

1. What is the significance of August 27th, 2007?

August 27th, 2007 is the release date for a new line of products from Pampered Chef! We are excited to share these new items with you and can't wait for you to try them out.

2. Will there be any special promotions or discounts on August 27th, 2007?

Yes! To celebrate the release of our new products, we will be offering special promotions and discounts on August 27th, 2007. Be sure to mark your calendar and take advantage of these deals.

3. Can I purchase the new products before August 27th, 2007?

Unfortunately, the new products will not be available for purchase until August 27th, 2007. We appreciate your excitement and patience as we prepare for the release date.

4. How can I find out more information about the new products?

You can visit our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information about the new products. We will also be sending out emails and posting on our social media accounts to keep you updated.

5. Will the new products be available in all countries where Pampered Chef is present?

Yes, the new products will be available in all countries where Pampered Chef is present. We are committed to bringing our innovative and high-quality products to all of our customers worldwide.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
Replies