• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Psa: Warning! System Tools 2011

In summary, "Psa: Warning! System Tools 2011" is a fake antivirus program that infects computers through malicious websites, spam emails, and fake software updates. Signs of infection include constant pop-up alerts and warnings, slow performance, and redirection to unfamiliar websites. The best way to remove the program is through a reputable antivirus or anti-malware program, though manual removal can be risky for inexperienced users. To prevent infection, it is important to be cautious while browsing the internet and keep your antivirus software and operating system up-to-date.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
My system was infected with a nasty trojan called System Tools 2001.

Be wary of this one - I'm not sure how it's transmitted or how it got past my firewall, but it did, and it really, really screwed things up.

System Tools 2011 looks like a virus scanner/virus repair program but it's actually an infection that is designed to con you into providing your credit card info, which is a bad move.

I got it fixed, but it wasn't easy, and it wasn't cheap.

Thanks for the warning! :)

My husband brought home a friend's laptop Saturday night with the same virus. I got it cleaned up yesterday, though I don't think her infection was as bad as it could have been.

I'd be willing to bet, and this is not a reflection on you, that it is still infected. That *&^#@! trojan horse is insidious. If you don't have every last shard of it cleaned up, it will reawaken and reinstall itself.

I've had the same virus only it was 2010 version. I thought I lost everything. It was quite difficult to get rid of b/c it disabled my task mgr and kept reproducing itself. Normally I can fix them but not that one.

My husband got something like that months ago and it took forever for me to get rid of it!! It just kept coming back!

What is "Psa: Warning! System Tools 2011"?

"Psa: Warning! System Tools 2011" is a fake antivirus program that masquerades as a legitimate system tool. It is designed to trick users into thinking their computer has a virus and then extort money from them to remove the supposed threats.

How does "Psa: Warning! System Tools 2011" infect a computer?

"Psa: Warning! System Tools 2011" typically infects a computer through malicious websites, spam emails, or fake software updates. It may also be bundled with other free software downloads.

What are the signs of a computer infected with "Psa: Warning! System Tools 2011"?

The most common signs of a computer infected with "Psa: Warning! System Tools 2011" include constant pop-up alerts and warnings, slow performance, disabled task manager and other system tools, and redirection to unfamiliar websites.

How can I remove "Psa: Warning! System Tools 2011" from my computer?

The best way to remove "Psa: Warning! System Tools 2011" is to use a reputable antivirus or anti-malware program. You can also try to manually remove the program by following instructions from trusted sources, but this can be complicated and risky for inexperienced users.

How can I prevent my computer from getting infected with "Psa: Warning! System Tools 2011"?

To prevent your computer from getting infected with "Psa: Warning! System Tools 2011" and other malware, you should always be cautious when browsing the internet and avoid clicking on suspicious links or downloading unknown software. It is also important to keep your antivirus software and operating system up-to-date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Back