• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is $2 Insurance Deduction on Paycheck?

In summary, the insurance fee is for protection in case of an accident while demonstrating the product. The money is not set aside at the end of the year to be paid back, but it is used to help offset taxes. If you are your own tax planner, you should set aside money each month to cover taxes.
ponvn591
I noticed that we get $2 for insurance taking out our checks. What is that for?

And since we don't get taxes taken out like other jobs, do we have to pay all that back at the end of the year?

Yes, you are responsible for taxes. Consult your tax planner or accountant as to what the best method would be for you.

The insurance is in case you or a customer gets cut/injured during the demo.My first year of business I was fine when it came to taxes because I was using my paychecks to support my addiction to the product. I basically made a $5 profit for the year. The rest of it went into new products to show/use at my shows & booths and supplies for shows. But once you reach a point where you are actually making a profit, you need to consider putting a portion of each check into your savings so you don't get surprised at tax time. If you normally break even or get a return at tax time, consider just doing a flat 1/3 of each check into your savings account. It will probably be sufficient to offset if you end up having to pay for the first time. Chances are, you'll probably have a little extra "bonus" left over that you can use toward the yearly Kit Enhancement Month! :) Obviously, everyone's tax situation is different ... so there's really no set rule that will work for everyone! But like I said, if you usually get a return or usually break even and do not owe the IRS, then 1/3 should be sufficient. ;)

And what if you are you're own tax planner? hehe

As soon as I get my commission deposit I automatically move 30% to a separate acct for tax purposes. I know I'm over doing it (25% is closer in my case) but I'd rather have a great savings going then owe. Plus with being new, and having a FT job, not quite sure where I fall in the new tax brackets. If you do use someone for your taxes, I would consult with them as well. I'm just too cheap. It will all depend on your current income level, marital status and exemptions claimed in addition to whether or not you file long/short, itemized/std etc. See, Keith was right...consult a tax expert. :D

Well I am a student and this is my only job. I am still under my parents taxes. I heard that students usually dont pay money at the end of the year, but PC doesnt deduct taxes out our checks. I just don't want to owe alot of money at the end of the year bc PC doesnt take taxes out

You usually don't owe b/c your parents claim you (most likely). You still owe Uncle Sam for PC though so in your case, I would set money aside.

I agree with Melissa, set aside some money to pay for taxes. If you don't need all of it, then (like I said before) you can use the extra on Kit Enhancement Month in April.

Sheila - I thought I was good with "savings"...now you gave me the kit enhancement idea...so much for savings! haha

What is the $2 insurance deduction on paycheck?

The $2 insurance deduction on paycheck is a fee that is automatically deducted from an employee's paycheck to cover the cost of insurance premiums. This deduction may be for various types of insurance, such as health, dental, or life insurance, depending on the employer's benefits package.

Is the $2 insurance deduction mandatory?

It depends on the employer's policies. Some employers may offer insurance benefits to employees, but make the insurance deduction optional. In this case, employees can choose whether or not to have the $2 deduction taken from their paycheck. However, in most cases, the $2 insurance deduction is mandatory for all employees as part of their benefits package.

Why is $2 deducted for insurance?

The $2 insurance deduction is a standard amount that is set by employers to cover a portion of the insurance premiums. Employers often pay a larger portion of the insurance premiums, and the $2 deduction helps to offset some of the costs for the employer.

Can I opt-out of the $2 insurance deduction?

In most cases, you cannot opt-out of the $2 insurance deduction. This deduction is typically mandatory for all employees as part of their benefits package. However, if you have your own insurance coverage and do not wish to participate in your employer's insurance plan, you may be able to opt-out of the deduction. It's best to check with your employer's HR department for more information.

How can I find out what type of insurance the $2 deduction covers?

You can find out what type of insurance the $2 deduction covers by reviewing your employer's benefits package or speaking with your HR department. They can provide you with more detailed information about the insurance coverage and how the $2 deduction is applied to your paycheck.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
martyskitchen
  • clshirk
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
niktim3
  • pattybrady